) is a mature and growing web hosting company with our own data center in the north Phoenix Area. We have been in this business since the mid 90's and we have a very stable growth trend. We have an IMMEDIATE OPENING for a solid technician who is looking to grow with a small company as it gets bigger with an opportunity to gain valuable experience troubleshooting Linux and Windows servers. As our company grows, there will be plenty of opportunity to express your ideas and contribute to the success of the company as you take on increased responsibility and advancement.
**IF YOU ARE NOT A STRONG LINUX USER, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY**
**THIS IS NOT A TELECOMMUTING POSITION**
**YOU MUST LIVE IN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE PHOENIX ARIZONA AREA**
Level 2 Technical Support Job Description
Technical support representative monitoring our help desk and helping clients with troubleshooting problems that they may be having on their servers. *This is not a phone support or low level end user support position.
The successful candidates should be proficient in all of the following areas:
* Independent thinker with solid problem solving skills
* Good computer skills (typing, data entry)
* Professional communication skills
* Ability to be a team player with a positive attitude
* Excellent customer service skills
- LINUX EXPERIENCE (2+ years preferred). Certs are not necessary, only that you are a solid Linux admin.
- Windows 2003/2008 Server
- Web Hosting Control Panels (cPanel, Plesk)
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Apache, Sendmail, Qmail, MySQL, PHP etc.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies preferred (OpenVZ, Virtuozzo, Xen, VMWare etc)
- Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of PC hardware troubleshooting issues
- Previous experience with cPanel, and Plesk is a plus but not a requirement
- Solid working knowledge of the Linux command line
- Customer focused attitude with previous customer service experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Thoroughly describe and document work using trouble ticketing system
- Handle escalations of unhappy or irate customers; escalate issues to management when necessary Manager
- Software installation experience
- Thorough knowledge of the processes and procedures used for all aspects of the supporting role
Overnight- 6pm to 6am on a rotating 3 day/4 day week. One week of Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and the next week of Thurs, Fri and Sat only.
No Medical Benefits at this time.
Contact us at careers @ atjeu.com.