Thumbs up TheServerExperts - 3 week review

This is a 3 week review on the webhosting company named ‘TheServerExperts’
    Company website: http://www.TheServerExperts.com
    In business since: 2001 according to their ‘About us’ page @ http://www.theserverexperts.com/company/aboutus.html
    Would you recommend them to anyone ? Yes, defiantly
    Would you buy services from them again ? Yes, for sure

If you're too lazy to read my whole review, here's a summary: _BEST_HOST_EVER_period. (and no, I’m not getting paid to post this.. this is just the story of a very frustrated user who is totally satisfied with his new provider)

About 3 weeks ago, I was in the urgent need of a VPS. My website, at that time still hosted on a shared hosting account at another webhosting provider, was using up waaaay to many resoures for a website on a shared hosting account. It was using between 14.0 – 40.0 serverload on a 4cpu server. Thefore, my website needed to be transferred immediately, to ensure my website could remain online.

After an unsuccessful migration to a VPS from ‘PhotonVPS’, I was looking for a new provider again. This time I stumbled upon a company named “TheServerExperts”, just by accident here on WHT.com, on a post of them in the offers section.
    Their prices were affordable, that’s not the same as cheap, and their website looked very professional. Not just another website based on a fancy template, no this website seemed to be custom made. Also, a WHOIS on their domainname revealed the same year they are claiming to be in business since: 2001. That’s important for me. If a company lies about the simple fact since when they have been in business, that says enough about the rest of the company in my opinion. (Don’t get me wrong here, I also support newly established companies, who have been in business e.g. for 2 months, but only if they state the same date on their about us page as the WHOIS data says… WHOIS data never lies.)
    Anyhow, to get back on topic, TheServerExperts seemed to be a very promising company. On their website, they claimed true 24*7*365 suppport, which was seemed quite reasonable, given the fact they offer live chat (with several operators online), a phone number (with VOIP in 3 countries so you can save on your phone bill), an emergency pager, an (e)fax and ofcourse the well known ticket system.
    I don’t know, but this company just gave me a good feeling, so I decided to give this company a shot and ordered a managed cpanel VPS plan at them… It was the best step I’ve ever made in my entire webhosting history.

First, the setup process. Since I was in a hurry, was my website needed to be transferred immediately, aspecially after it went wrong the first time while trying to get migrated to PhotonVPS, I was running out of time. I asked them in live chat if it was possible to speed things up, I didn’t had too much hope tough, but in contrary what I though, it was possible !
    I also asked them to keep me up to date about major changes regarding my order. They kept their promise, and sent me good updates about the status. They sent me my IP’s upfront, so I could already get the DNS servers to propagate.
    In just under 10 hours, these guys set up my vps with cpanel and migrated all the data to it. My website was fully functional and my VPS was professionally configured. For instance, the default SSH port had been changed for security reasons. Those are the little things that sets ‘normal’ companies apart from the professionals.. and again, that all in just under 10 hours. They didn’t rush trough the setup process, no it was done quickly but the way it should be. Chapeau chapeau !

The day after the migration, they asked me if everything was working correctly or if I did encounter any problems and if I was satisfied. I found that very charming, if that’s the correct word. Never ever before did a company ask me this… and I have used many many webhosting companies before.

Their support is also astonishing. They claim 24*7*365 and I can confirm it’s TRUE 24*7*365… It’s just superb, I have no other words for it. For instance, there is _always_ a live chat representative online. I have never seen the livechat status offline, it’s always online ! This is exceptional in my opinion, since I have never seen a company before who could pull this off.. Yeah, the big boys maybe like Hostgator but don’t expect detailed/technical answers from their livechat.. it’s just for sales they say.
    Since I’m in a different timezone, I usually submit tickets during night if you convert it back to their timezone. However, tickets always get answered fast and professionally. What else could you wish for ?
    Oh and I ordered a fully managed VPS. And believe me, it IS FULLY managed. If you are a noob and have never had a or controlled a VPS before, and only knows how cPanel works (or not even that), you are at the right place. These guys virtually do anything for you. They even install Wordpress if you ask them to do it for you. But also more complicated and less known scripts, such as varnish (alternative to lighttpd) is no problem for these guys. I’ve never ever seen such a thing in my life before. I was simply blown away. You just ask it via ticket and 5 mins later it’s done.. like magic.
    Their support is also very patient. Even after asking the same thing for like 5 times, they are still very patient and not rude like I experienced with other hosts.

Regarding their servers; I have very little to say, since I didn’t have a single issue so far. No downtime or hiccups whatsoever. Speeds are fast and all has just been running great. They use veportal as VPS control panel which does the job, nothing more nothing less: reboot/switch off VPS, OS reloads and that’s pretty much it.. Statistics from veportal aren’t very accurate tough, but I guess that’s third party related to the panel itself.

Also, it seems like these guys are always one step ahead with things. I was thinking about setting up remote backups…. Not needed ! My VPS came with 10GB FREE remote backup storage and which already had been configured by them to automatic backup my vps daily… Anything else ?

Their company itself looks solid too. You don’t have to worry that these guys disappear overnight, no certainly not. They have been in business way to long to do so.

TheServerExperts deserve a big thumbs up. This company truly goes the extra mile for their customers. They are by far the best webhosting company I’ve ever used. Everything feels very professional and I’ve never experienced this feeling before at any webhost I’ve used before. I have nothing else to say. They are just superb, period.

I would appreciate any additional feedback/opinions regarding this company. Do they have any sign of overselling? I just realized that they don't have any kind of online service certification too.

are they reseller from Burst.Net?
    Since their vps packages seem somewhat similar.

i'm interested to buy actually, if they don't ask me for paypal/cc authorization like burst.net requires customers to do.

Thank you for your kind comments, we'll continue to do our best, feel free to private message me you have also any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami123 View Post
    I would appreciate any additional feedback/opinions regarding this company. Do they have any sign of overselling? I just realized that they don't have any kind of online service certification too.
    I didn't noticed any signs of overselling. I ordered an additional VPS with them yesterday, and doing a tracert shows up that it's placed in a completely different server than my other VPS so. First VPS: vserver35 Second VPS: vserver43

Quote Originally Posted by edka View Post
    are they reseller from Burst.Net?
    Since their vps packages seem somewhat similar.

i'm interested to buy actually, if they don't ask me for paypal/cc authorization like burst.net requires customers to do.
    At first, I was thinking the same as you. But they claim they aren't a Burst.net reseller on lowendbox.com:
    Just wanted to point out that we are not a reseller, we rent/lease our own private racks inside Scranton datacenter (Burstnet) We also rent/lease space from New york datacenter AccessITx (EZZInet)
    We have been in business for over 8 years, nothing is going ti fall apart.
    http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/theserverexprts/#comments

I don't exactly get what you mean with paypal/cc authorization, but I had no problems paying.

I just tried to make an order. I couldn't it semms like they don't allow you to register with an gmail,hotmail,etc email address.

Here is the message:
    # We don't allow users with the email address provider you entered. Please try another email address.
    Last edited by Shinigami123; 12-02-2009 at 07:06 AM.

I just tried to make an order. I couldn't it semms like they don't allow you to register with an gmail,hotmail,etc email address.

Here is the message:
    # We don't allow users with the email address provider you entered. Please try another email address.
    That's correct. I think they did this to reduce the number of fraud signups

I just paid for the service, now I'm just waiting for the vps initial installation (It's still on Pending). I'll keep everyone informed about it.

I just paid for the service, now I'm just waiting for the vps initial installation (It's still on Pending). I'll keep everyone informed about it.
    Thank you for your order.

Nice to hear good reviews!!
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Great review!

Keep it up TheServerExperts.

I went off to their web site, and I'm surprised to see their dedicated Linux servers so cheap - I mean, a dedicated server for $39.95 a month? Granted, there's only 512MBs of RAM and a P4 2.0GHz processor, but still, pretty cheap.

Ordinarily this would concern me, but maybe I'll take your review and experiment with the dedicated server world - maybe.
    Steve - Web Applications Developer
    http://www.sdwebsystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by sdnet View Post
    I went off to their web site, and I'm surprised to see their dedicated Linux servers so cheap - I mean, a dedicated server for $39.95 a month? Granted, there's only 512MBs of RAM and a P4 2.0GHz processor, but still, pretty cheap.

Ordinarily this would concern me, but maybe I'll take your review and experiment with the dedicated server world - maybe.
    Hello sdnet,

Thank you for your interest,

Feel free to contact me at anytime if you have questions.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameMen View Post

I don't exactly get what you mean with paypal/cc authorization, but I had no problems paying.
    oh. good. that means without paypal authorization.

Quote Originally Posted by sdnet View Post

I'm pretty much convinced you'll enjoy your stay with them
    Please report back your experiences with them ! Curious to see if they even do better at dedicated server hosting

Thanks for your detailed review. Follow up the review in future. Hope they will continue to keep the same level of service ahead also.

Im considering this company for my website hosting needs but still not sure. Does your fully managed dedicated servers include creating regular backups?

I've been looking at this host for a while, and wondering if they are really as good as they seem. Nice to see a good, honest, and current review from someone who's still a customer (no matter how new). I may have to seriously consider hosting with them.

Thank you all for your interest,

Feel free to contact us at anytime.

Cheers

They're still perfect, just like day 1. The honeymoon still isn't over yet (and it probably never be... at least I hope so !)