Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wordpress Plugin causing high CPU usage

Wordpress users please help.I received this mail from my host -

"Below are the files which are using a lot of CPU.

Top Process %CPU 48.0 /usr/bin/php /home/x530pre/public_html/index.php
    Executable: /usr/bin/php

Command Line: /usr/bin/php /home/x530pre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/php_speedy_wp/cache/_cmp_javascript_9d99e5d1d4bb15806d28dc0b5daecd57.php"

I have already deleted php speedy plugin then how is it causing cpu usage.I don't know how to solve this issue.My account will be suspended on account of this.Any help will be highly appreciated.

The other plugins that i'm using are -

AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget
    Akismet
    All in One SEO Pack
    Broken Link Checker
    Collapsing Categories
    Executable PHP widget
    Google XML Sitemaps
    More Link Modifier
    Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu
    Smart Youtube
    WordPress Database Backup
    Wordpress Popular Posts
    WPhone
    WP Page Numbers
    WP Super Cache

Thanks.

Do you have a lot of posts on your main page?
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting

Just 2 posts.You can check http://5530xpressmusic.com

Are you sure that your plugin are of updated versions?
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

I'm using the latest version of wordpress and all of my plugins are updated.

All in One SEO Pack is known for causing significant issues. Remove it and see what happen

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jersey View Post
    All in One SEO Pack is known for causing significant issues. Remove it and see what happen
    Yes, that is what I was going to tell you too, try removing "All in One SEO Pack"
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Does that plugin require some kind of root/SSh access?
    It seems you need to have configured web hosting account to be able use this plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Yes, that is what I was going to tell you too, try removing "All in One SEO Pack"
    Not using the SEO Pack may halt his business, as most of the blog owner depends on google traffic. I would suggest you lightening the wp-supercache configuration, that can improve the performance thousand times.
    Mellowhost - Affordable Cpanel and WHM Reseller Hosting
    R1Soft, RVSitebuilder, RVSkin, Softaculous, Fantastico, Domain Reseller and many more ...

Quote Originally Posted by mellow-h View Post
    Not using the SEO Pack may halt his business, as most of the blog owner depends on google traffic. I would suggest you lightening the wp-supercache configuration, that can improve the performance thousand times.
    Bull. All In One SEO is known as a poorly written plugin and resource hog, and it will certainly hurt his "business" more if he's suspended for high cpu usage. Heck, Dreamhost even forbids shared hosting customers from using it.

Most of the benefits of All In One SEO are overhyped anyway. WordPress out of the box is excellent for SEO, and if you're still not sure, you can add stuff manually that does the exact same thing without hammering resources.
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. --Lazarus Long

Thanks for all your responses.I think it was because of using wp-supercache in full mode.Now i'm using it in half mode.Let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mellow-h View Post
    WP is already very well SEOed, there's not need of an additional SEO pack, also, WP-Supercache indeed it does lower the server load since it does server static pages instead of generate them every time that the site is visited.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Frankly speaking I never ever faced any problem with All in One SEO Pack, but there may be some problems associated with it. Well the Alternative is Platinum SEO Pack: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/platinum-seo-pack/

Also to OP: I'll recommend you to disable all Unnecessary Plugins and Try to revert back of Default WP-Cache Options. Also Respective authors of Plugins are always there at WP Forums: http://wordpress.org/support/

WP is already very well SEOed, there's not need of an additional SEO pack
    Agreed. I saw no need for using one. I was impressed with the functionality that WP comes with by default, simple and effective.

i think there are few wordpress themes that has built-in seo things (like meta description, keywords,etc)

so u don't need seo plugins.

something like thesis theme, hybrid, thematic, etc.

maybe u should give a try...

although i agree that wordpress alone is already good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast