Thread: VPS for a VPN

VPS for a VPN

Hi,

I'm trying to find a VPS server and install openVPN for private use only. I've been looking for a vps provider since last few hours but no luck.

I need 2 dedicated IPs located in Houston, TX or just TX and 50gb bandwidth. I'm willing to spend between $15 - $20 per month.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You won't find many providers in Houston, although it is a good POP.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more

I know there are a number of hosts in Texas (not sure about any in Houston) but the two I would recommend for your are Linode and Slicehost. Both are excellent unmanaged hosts who have DC's in Dallas (I believe) and would fit your budget.

You'll have to work out something with them about installing OpenVPN but you would be with excellent hosts. If you can get out of Texas that opens up alot more options (I have one budget host that has a very simple OpenVPN install option).

Dallas has a lot of hosts. I don't know of many hosts out of houston, but I know one or two from san antonio/austin area. Anyway, good luck on your search.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - Jackson@vpsforme.com

You can have just OpenVPN account that provide static IP and start our own OpenVPN server at SOHO PC.

Check out JaguarPC or possibly HostGator. Both are based in Houston and also have their operations in Houston.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com