Are system tools errors fake?

I have used some PC tools, i always seems to get some registry errors or PC errors. I would like to know is there any organization who authenticates such software whether the error or warning they show does really exist in the consumers PC or its just to sell their product.

Which tools are you using? The only tool similar to what you described that I use regularly is CCleaner.

If there's a lite and a paid version I'd say there's a fairly good chance that some if not all of the errors are there to funnel you into the paid product.

I'm not a windows user, so I don't have much experience with registry cleaning software, but your best bet would probably be to go with something open source (i.e., something where the developers don't have a hidden agenda -- getting paid by convincing you something's wrong)
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    I have used some PC tools, i always seems to get some registry errors or PC errors. I would like to know is there any organization who authenticates such software whether the error or warning they show does really exist in the consumers PC or its just to sell their product.

If you are frequently adding-removing programs you will find lot of these errors and useless entries. Windows also creates some entries in prefetch,index.dat,cache which may become useless after a while or when another program gets deleted.

Most of the cleaning tools adopt a safe level of cleaning up to ensure they dont accidently remove necessary entries. In the safe level some useless entries may also be retained but may get detected with a different tool.

My sincere advise is, except for CCleaner for a daily cleanup of cache cookies etc (not registry clean), forget all those other cleaning tools. Backup when your os and other programs are newly installed. Restore back when your system gets too corrupted. (Acronis True Image is highly recommended)

Keeping your files and docs in another partition also helps to reduce your backup/restore time and image size. And it also helps to reduce the fragmentation of the partition where the os and other programs are installed.

Last edited by RajanUrs; 11-30-2009 at 05:44 AM.

I am not asking how? I am asking about the Authentication of these tools which displays that your PC errors. Are these really valid ones or they just fool people to sell their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    I am not asking how? I am asking about the Authentication of these tools which displays that your PC errors. Are these really valid ones or they just fool people to sell their product.
    A toss... if they have other products or a corporate strategy, then maybe they do have a good consumer version.

If they have one product... lol... well... lol

Personally I think most if not all of those types of tools are worthless. Only one way to fix a computer with tons of errors 100%... format (by reliable backup to a time you did not have the issues).
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
    A toss... if they have other products or a corporate strategy, then maybe they do have a good consumer version.

If they have one product... lol... well... lol

Personally I think most if not all of those types of tools are worthless. Only one way to fix a computer with tons of errors 100%... format (by reliable backup to a time you did not have the issues).
    Yea... i agree.. a clean format does solve all issues with a neat back up... there are tons of such softwares claiming that they resolve issues and show errors which i have never seen in my life...