Looking for a reseller account from high quality provider

I'm on the market for a reseller account (once again). And for each time, I get a little better understanding my needs This is for ourely personal stuff, to be able to host my own domains, and a couple of friends and family members. No adult content, no forums.

To put the numbers on the table:
    - 1 GB of storage is fine
    - 10 GB of monthly data traffic

Budget: Less than $50/month would be good.

Other than that: A Cpanel for each domain, and WHM in the middle. Or some other solution. As for desired features, I'm running my own private sandbox for trying things out - so PHP, MySQL, Ruby (desirable, not necessary).

The dealbreaker: I've been through a couple of hosts, most of them were good. But at some time they started to experience growing pains: Moving servers, data facility, moving accounts. In some cases the entire company was sold off while I wasn't looking, and it all went sour.

So, this time around, more than anything - I would like a company that has come to the point where they have more or less settled down. There are no guarantees, I know, but...

At the moment I'm tossing different host around:
    - Rochen
    - Cartika
    - InsiderHosting/HttpMe/BlueWho

Are there other hosts I should look at, and that you would recommend? Or could I just pick one from that list and be done with it?

1 GB of storage is fine that number must be a typo do you mean u need more storage or 1 GB ? if u need:

try hostgator or hostdime

Quote Originally Posted by cirque View Post
    At the moment I'm tossing different host around:
    - Rochen
    - Cartika
    - InsiderHosting/HttpMe/BlueWho
    Cartika doesn't use cPanel, they use H Sphere which has a higher learning curve but people swear by it.

Rochen has a solid reputation but there aren't that many reviews here on WHT. I suppose that's a good thing, would be nice to see some reviews every now and then. I would read their announcement forums to see if/how often they have switched data centers. Of course it's private for existing clients I'm guessing. Maybe send their sales department an e-mail and ask them?

HTTPme has been one of my two favorite reseller web hosts for the past 7 years. Isn't it amazing how time flies. I believe they have reseller clients at Nac and One Wilshire in LA but I could be wrong. My reseller account is at NAC from the old Aussie Bob days.

Are there other hosts I should look at, and that you would recommend? Or could I just pick one from that list and be done with it?
    The only other *quality* reseller web host that I can recommend is Idologic.com which is Canadian based and has the majority (all?) of their servers in Atlanta, GA. In the 5 or years that I've been an Idologic client, I think the IP's only changed once although I could be wrong.

Do you know what I absolutely love about HTTPme and Idologic? I can go months or years without hearing from them, or them hearing from me. Everything just works and for my family members, friends and valued clients that's invaluable.

You already have an awesome list of the cream of the crop cPanel resellers. I would recommend research, research and more research. Read WHT reviews, WHReviews.com and of course Google.com

You can get a quality reseller account with disk space and bandwidth required for around $20 per month.
    Most providers offer 99.9% uptime guarantee.
    I haven't heard much about InsiderHosting/HttpMe/BlueWho but whois check shows all three are on the same network.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

You should absolutely be able to find something within your budget with your requirements. If your former host have dissolved or been sold off I would suggest looking for a bigger host who has been around and isn't going anywhere. Checkout the offers sections as I am sure you can find many that will suit your needs, many will have a 30 day or so money back guarantee.
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

you can get a perfect quality hosting...

i would have a look at innohosting ordered from them last night and so far so good, server seems nice and responsive and their support is top notch
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

Cartika doesn't use cPanel, they use H Sphere which has a higher learning curve but people swear by it.
    Yes, I am one of those people
    I wouldn't consider anything else whether it was one site or a reseller account. You get true multiple domain hosting and logging in via FTP to a cPanel account compared to a H-Sphere account is like night and day.

Choosing someone like Cartika running a clustered environment with their hardware and feature set cannot be compared to something you will find in cPanel. The technology of other commercial control panels simply cannot do/manage what H-Sphere can. If you want to move an account or anything else in H-Sphere you can simply move it to whatever server you like transparently. You can control 100's of servers from one control panel across multiple platforms. You simply cannot do that with cPanel. Every service like http, mail, database, including the cPanel instance is on each and every server instead of being able to employ purpose built servers for these services.

I am not saying cPanel is sub-par in any way, it simply serves a different market and does very well at what it does.

I have been very, very happy with Cartika for several years and my first posts here is where I found them. I'm not saying Cartika is for everyone, as you also have to pay for what you get and they may be outside someone's budget. But if you have the budget I simply do not think you will find a better host, quality of service, or feature set period. They are actually cheap in my opinion for what they offer, even in the fully managed dedicated server market if you compare apples-to-apples.

I am with HostNine for about a month and its has been good.

But cannot say anything to you as of now because of the post I read here about HostNine.
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=880908

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    Do you know what I absolutely love about HTTPme and Idologic? I can go months or years without hearing from them, or them hearing from me. Everything just works and for my family members, friends and valued clients that's invaluable.
    Thank you for your kind words RossMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    The only other *quality* reseller web host that I can recommend is Idologic.com which is Canadian based and has the majority (all?) of their servers in Atlanta, GA. In the 5 or years that I've been an Idologic client, I think the IP's only changed once although I could be wrong.
    Yes, way back when (2004?) we had to change out a batch of IPs, but not after that (as far as I can remember). (That was a sleepless week ).

We're actually incorporated in the US and most of our staff is US based. You are correct, the majority of our gear is in 55/56 Marietta.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

+1 for Cartika. All the hosts you mentioned have great rep. You cannot go wrong.
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

There are a lot of companies that can offer that, HostNine and HostGator are both reliable.

look in to hostdime they are good and reliable

If you are looking for someone who has settled in some points I would recommend you look for in your research are.

A. How long they been in business
    B. Do they own / operate their own data center ( this is more likely to be a settled host )
    C. Contact them and see how responsive they are don't hesitate to make a call to them.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

In any business sales are usually quite responsive, but the real test is after sales support. You really need to do some due diligence.

For our money, we are happy at Innohosting.

--Michael

I recommend Hostdime or Surpasshosting. We have a lot of reseller accounts on both of them for years. Their support is fast. The uptime of the server is good. The plan features are rich and the prices are affordable. Surpasshosting is a member of Hostdime family. Their services are similar. but Hostdime has phone support and little better.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)