I dont get it!!!!!! HELP

Ok, so I bought a VPS and I have a little bit knowledge of CentOS ad Ubuntu, but I dont get how to make everything work, Ive rebuild my VPS many times to make it look good and everything, I have currently xampp with apache and php and mysql which is pretty basic.

I need to install all needed to sell hosting like any big hosting companies(I will sell small tho) like webserver,php,mysql,mail,dns and all that and that everything works.

I have a VPSLink 2, Ive had no problems, everything is fast and works with HostInABox and LAMPP as far as I have used it.

I will also need a control panel option free or paid

To whoever gives me right install commands(for command line) and control panel to have everything working and be able to sell, I will give some money.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Deroba

What you need is probably a managed VPS with a control panel (such as DirectAdmin or cPanel) to go with it. The control panel will install and control all the core services (e.g. Apache, PHP, MySQL etc). From within the control panel, as an administrator: you can configure services, control user access, etc.. and as a user: upload your sites, control your DBs and DNS etc. By using a managed provider (or undertaking a support contract with an external server management company) you should have support to help you with configuration or to address any problems that may arise.
    Exceptional VPS Hosting. With love, 6sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Deroba View Post

To whoever gives me right install commands(for command line) and control panel to have everything working and be able to sell, I will give some money.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Deroba
    Take that money and purchase a VPS with managed services.
    Mike

Any suggestion of one?

If you've got the budget go managed.

If not, buy a cPanel VPS/directadmin vps and you won't have to worry about installing or configuring any of the services mentioned.

If you don't even want to buy a control panel, try webmin+virtualmin GPL
    Last edited by e-Sensibility; 11-21-2009 at 12:20 AM.
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

Futurehosting, Knownhost, and Servint are a few that I would recommend.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104
    Mike

I have a max of $30 per month, what can I get to control everything working and sell hosting with any control panel?

Maybe you should look at a host like jaguarpc. I think they offer VPS's in your price range with free control panels.
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

You need get a full managed VPS. 100% managed with good, prompt support.

Having everything set up is one thing. Having someone fixing problems and troubleshot is other.

You can get things up and running, but when it breaks... you want someone to jump on it ASAP.

Like other suggested... two good (paid) CPs: cPanel or DirectAdmin.

Just my .02. Good luck!
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

Is there any free control panel I can install in any raw OS to make it easy to handle or any package such as xampp but wih everything?

I'm curious, how do you plan to support your clients after you start selling your hosting if you're here asking these questions?
    What did you expect was going to happen?
    6sync is where I've made my home ): // @tenkay

Get a VPS from Jaguar PC.

http://www.jaguarpc.com/vps-hosting/

Its under $30 if you add cPanel and its Managed.

If not, get cPanel or Direct Admin and get support from them. Direct Admin and cPanel don't do third party applications but they do server administration work.

Im not selling web hosting, its just file hosting(pay per file), I just need control panel for me lol

Im not selling web hosting, its just file hosting(pay per file), I just need control panel for me lol
    It does not matter. You should do what we suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by rlshosting View Post
    Get a VPS from Jaguar PC.

http://www.jaguarpc.com/vps-hosting/

Its under $30 if you add cPanel and its Managed.

If not, get cPanel or Direct Admin and get support from them. Direct Admin and cPanel don't do third party applications but they do server administration work.
    I paid 3 months of VPSLink 2 for $13 I wont lose that...

You could try checking the offer forum for potential hosts. =)

I upgraded to VPSLink 3 and got HostInABox which is easy to hadnle everything.

Now ive got a question, I currently have IP and free co.cc domain for server and I want to buy a domain, does treamzone sound good? Want to suggest a domain naim that has no sense but it sounds good for me? I will pay $1 for the best idea.

I upgraded to VPSLink 3 and got HostInABox which is easy to hadnle everything.

Now ive got a question, I currently have IP and free co.cc domain for server and I want to buy a domain, does treamzone sound good? Want to suggest a domain naim that has no sense but it sounds good for me? I will pay $1 for the best idea.
    Mmm Right -- (Dr Evil)
    This make-shift company you've got is probably a good idea. Know nothing about your server, expect people to pay for your services, and if your server crashes, losing all of your customers "paid" products/service in which they entrusted you with. And best of all, you will have no idea how to back up, let alone restore their products/services. Look, if you are serious about your service, take the time to learn about your server.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jhig View Post
    Mmm Right -- (Dr Evil)
    This make-shift company you've got is probably a good idea. Know nothing about your server, expect people to pay for your services, and if your server crashes, losing all of your customers "paid" products/service in which they entrusted you with. And best of all, you will have no idea how to back up, let alone restore their products/services. Look, if you are serious about your service, take the time to learn about your server.
    I never said I was going to make a freaking hosting business, I wont even have packages, I need CP for me your douchebag. I know how to make backups, but Ive been to used to the ****ing cPanel that doesnt let you learn. So now Im trying to learn and if you are ****ing mad because I want to learn go masturbate yourself thinking of your non existing girlfriend you *******.

I never said I was going to make a freaking hosting business, I wont even have packages, I need CP for me your douchebag. I know how to make backups, but Ive been to used to the ****ing cPanel that doesnt let you learn. So now Im trying to learn and if you are ****ing mad because I want to learn go masturbate yourself thinking of your non existing girlfriend you *******.
    First off... Watch your tone on here, as its really not needed. If you don't like the advice then just ignore what that person wrote or contact the mods. They will take care of it for you.

Second...
    I need to install all needed to sell hosting like any big hosting companies(I will sell small tho)
    You did state you were planning to sell hosting. Maybe not at this point of time but how is he suppose to determine of when you were planning to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - HostPenguin View Post
    First off... Watch your tone on here, as its really not needed. If you don't like the advice then just ignore what that person wrote or contact the mods. They will take care of it for you.

Second...

You did state you were planning to sell hosting. Maybe not at this point of time but how is he suppose to determine of when you were planning to do this?
    At least you are cool

Sorry for last thing, its just pisses me off that people thing I wont care about things I do...

Second, I wont plan on selling hosting any soon, I just wanted to know how to make it for later, as for now Im only having a App Hosting.

Anyways, if anyone knows any cool named domain, I buy it

Well then do some learning first.

Install CentOS and on top of it install ISPConfig, installing and configuring ISPConfig will teach you a bit more about Linux/Servers.

About the domain name, it's something that you have to decide.

Say if I know of a cool domain name that is available, why will I not book it myself. So if you decided on a name and if it is available - book it.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Well then do some learning first.

Install CentOS and on top of it install ISPConfig, installing and configuring ISPConfig will teach you a bit more about Linux/Servers.

About the domain name, it's something that you have to decide.

Say if I know of a cool domain name that is available, why will I not book it myself. So if you decided on a name and if it is available - book it.
    I did see it, but Im in command line and the start is with gui, so I dont know what to be done first Im feel stupid lol

Follow this http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se....2-ispconfig-3

You can skip the initial OS installation steps.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence