hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : MakoSolutions - I've given them 25 days, and now I'm giving up.

Forum Jump

MakoSolutions - I've given them 25 days, and now I'm giving up.

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thumbs down

MakoSolutions - I've given them 25 days, and now I'm giving up.

I've had enumerable problems, and I don't really want to list them all. Instead here's the part of the support thread that 'broke the camels back':

-- Start Me --
Mike,

Please confirm that I will receive:
1. Delayed Activation Credit for 9 Days.
2. $20 one-time Credit for $20 overpayment on first invoice (because the coupon code did not work).
3. $20 permanent discount for future invoices.

Please make sure also that all 3 things are done 2 times (once for each server).

Thanks,

-Eric
-- End Me --
-- Start Them --
Eric,

I'm forwarding this to our billing rep, which will be able to take care of all the items you mentioned.

Warm Regards,
Mike S.
Operations Manager
MakoSolutions, LLC
-- End Them
-- Start Me --
Hi,

What is the status of this?

Thanks,

-Eric
-- End Me --
-- Start Them --
Hi Eric,

I apologize for the delay. I have adjusted your monthly service pricing to reflect the discount, and applied a credit to your account due to the coupon issues you experienced when signing up with us.

Best Regards,
Martha E.
MakoSolutions, LLC Billing Department
-- End Them
-- Start Me --
Martha,

Thank you for your reply.

What is the amount of the credit for the delayed account activation?

Thanks,

-Eric
-- End Me --
-- Start Them --
Hi Eric,

The current credit on your account is $69.88.

Best Regards,
Martha E.
-- End Them
-- Start Me --
Martha,

Still the same question.... what is the credit for the 9-10 days (per server) delay in activation?

From your answer it seems the answer would be:

$69.88 Total Credit
-$40.00 Coupon Overpayment
------------------------------------
=29.88 Credit for late delivery.

Maybe you did not see that I have 2 servers, and both were delivered 9 days late?

Thanks,

-Eric
-- End Me --
-- Start Them --
Hi Eric,

Our records indicate that both servers were delivered on 10/30/2009, while your order date was 10/27/2009.

Best Regards,
Martha E.
-- End Them
-- Start Me --
Martha,

Please read the history of this ticket. You will see that the order was delivered on November 4th.

Your replies this far have been very curt. I would appreciate you taking more time in future responses.

Best,

-Eric
-- End Me --
-- Start Them --
Hi Eric,

I see that your vLAN was setup later than expected. I will have this credited to your account as well.

Best Regards,
Martha E.
-- End Them

Sure the conversation isn't terrible... But after specifically asking that she spell out her reasoning (after I had specifically spelled out my reasoning 2 times) I failed to get any type of detailed response. Time is precious, and I'm tired of repeating myself...

I may be overreacting here... I'll let the reader be the judge... That's why I've included the actual posts for you to make up your own mind... I'd be glad to hear anyone's opinion on this, weather you agree or not.

Best,

-Eric

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Community Liaison

I think you are overreacting. I think that the provider is working with you and their billing person can only go by what they have in their records. Because of the issues you are yourself being very curt and I don't think they are.

Notwithstanding all of this, clearly you are entitled to better service. Mako has been around for some time. Give them a chance to rebuild your confidence.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Web Hosting Master

Did I read correctly they are giving you a $20 per month permanent discount for the mix-up? To me it seems they are being pretty fair. You say you are "giving up" in your thread subject but from your post it appears the last correspondence was from Mako saying "I see your account was late, I will give you the credits". Is the problem not now resolved? What are you giving up on?

Do you have an Account Manager or Sales Rep you can talk to? I think you will get the warm and tenders you desire from someone outside of the billing dept.

Follow our Twitter @Hivelocity for daily deals, pics & a transparent view of life in a data center

Last edited by HivelocityGM; 11-20-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Junior Guru

Looks like they are trying to help, they are only human at the end of the day and mistakes can be made.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
Did I read correctly they are giving you a $20 per month permanent discount for the mix-up? To me it seems they are being pretty fair. You say you are "giving up" in your thread subject but from your post it appears the last correspondence was from Mako saying "I see your account was late, I will give you the credits". Is the problem not now resolved? What are you giving up on?

Do you have an Account Manager or Sales Rep you can talk to? I think you will get the warm and tenders you desire from someone outside of the billing dept.
The $20 off per month is the promotion they offered a few weeks ago here on WHT... All of the credits I requested are 1to1 with receiving the price originally offered. I did not ask for any additional credit 'for my trouble'.

The math truly is a bit confusing... which is why I'm frustrated that they haven't explained yet how they are performing the calculation.

I requested the servers to be canceled at the end of the current billing cycle, and referenced this ticket number on the cancellation page... It'd be great if they try to clear up the confusion first.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Junior Guru

If you have exercised your right to cancel, then you should remind them of that.

I have looked at the support logs and personally, I think they have offered you credits where you are due credits.

Understandly, you would be seeking compensation for the inconvenience caused however, they have responded to your queries within reasonable time with a reasonable offer for settlement of the dispute !

█████w: deltrumweb.com e: hosting@deltrumweb.com t: 0845 054 7512

Old 11-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecocozza View Post
The $20 off per month is the promotion they offered a few weeks ago here on WHT... All of the credits I requested are 1to1 with receiving the price originally offered. I did not ask for any additional credit 'for my trouble'.

The math truly is a bit confusing... which is why I'm frustrated that they haven't explained yet how they are performing the calculation.

I requested the servers to be canceled at the end of the current billing cycle, and referenced this ticket number on the cancellation page... It'd be great if they try to clear up the confusion first.
I have to say, this is one of the most unreasonable consumer complaints I've seen. They seem to be trying their best to accommodate you, what more do you need... New kitchen sink perhaps. I'm not trying to insult at all, that's just the way it sounds to me.

What was the $$$ for each server?

Old 11-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I'm sorry if my post isn't clear.

I have not asked, and am not asking now for any special treatment (credits). I am only asking for the original deal as advertised on WHT.

Because of problems with the coupon system, and problems deploying the server, I have overpaid more than $100.

I don't want anything extra... I just want them to acknowledge the overpayment and correct it.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Were the servers needed immediatly? Did it cost you any money by them not being online - such as you were planning to resell the space?

If not - I think they're doing their best to help you. If you still do decide to cancel because of poor service, then I wouldn't sweat it anymore as there are other hosts out there that can most likely fit your budget and needs.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 PM
THE Web Hosting Master

What was the timeframe on those responses? If those were all within a couple hours or even a day I'd say you're over-reacting. If each response took an extra day or two, then yes, I would also be upset. If you're going to take a lot of time to respond, at least do your research, if they're just getting things done quickly they may have overlooked something and should be given some leeway for the promptness, imho.

Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New York Colocation

Old 11-21-2009, 06:06 AM
Not so experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post
What was the timeframe on those responses? If those were all within a couple hours or even a day I'd say you're over-reacting. If each response took an extra day or two, then yes, I would also be upset. If you're going to take a lot of time to respond, at least do your research, if they're just getting things done quickly they may have overlooked something and should be given some leeway for the promptness, imho.
I agree with Karl..Sure some inconvenience was caused, but things can go wrong. At least they did give you credit where it was due.