How ToTell If My Hosting Provider Servers Are Up To Date?

Just got at message that my homepage was being used in a phishing attack. Iím aware that I use an outdated Wordpress (2.7.1). My brothers homepage was also used in a phising attack a couple of month ago at the same server. Are there somehow I can tell if my hosting provider keeps his servers up to date.
    The PHP version installed at the server by default is 4.4.7.

I can tell you that PHP 4.4.7 is way out of date. If PHP is that outdated, who knows about the rest of the server and software.

This was Aug of 2008. Yeah.. time to upgrade.

"The PHP Group has shipped the last and final patch in the PHP 4.4 series.
    The open-source group released PHP 4.4.9 with “security enhancements and fixes” and is making a strong plea for all users to upgrade as soon as possible."

"The PHP development team has announced that support for PHP 4 will continue until the end of this year only. After 2007-12-31 there will be no more releases of PHP 4.4. Critical security fixes will be made available on a case-by-case basis until 2008-08-08"

It was what I feared. I know I can install a higher php version as a CGI Ė But I donít seem to be able to find it at php.netís site (or know where to find it)

I should probably find another host.

I have enclosed phpinfo details.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pesnax; 11-20-2009 at 12:48 PM.

It's not about PHP but many other things that needs to be updated as well. However, by looking at the PHP configuration, it looks like the server is not at all secure and is not taken care off. It's better to look for a different host asap.
    | Server Setup | Security | Optimization | Troubleshooting | Server Migration
    | Monthly and Task basis services.
    | MSN : madaboutlinux[at] | Skype : madaboutlinux