Wanting to start reselling.

Dear wht,
    I've got some savings and I would like to get into domain sales / hosting. I've got a market for the domains and I would just need to set up a site and pricing and go from there.

Anyway, the people whom I would probably be selling to are quite tech savvy and would only purchase from me if my prices were quite competitive.

I would like to purchase domains for $6.95-7.49 each (for .com) and have competitive pricing on the other TLD's.

My aim is to sell .com's for $7.99 and possibly bump it up to $8.25 or so In the future.

I am able to spend approximately $3000 including my advertising which will run at $250 USD per month and would be on a large site run by a friend, my sites (600k page views + 15,000 page views~ per day).

I would like to spend at at maximum of $1000 USD to start the reseller account and I would really prefer a lower amount to begin with.

I have looked at wild west domains and they seem to be $6.99 USD for a .com domain. They also seem to have a website template which is highly appealing for me as I really do not think I could code a better website myself.

Goals,

-$7.29 max per .com domain
    -Other TLD's competitively priced.
    -Including other services
    -(If possible, free private whois.. but that may not be available as it is not available on godaddy/wildwest.)
    -turnkey

I just want to focus on getting customers, keeping them happy and providing good prices.

Please let me know!

I would also like to provide hosting and other services so that i can maximize $$$

For domain reselling WWD seems a good option as you don't need huge upfront deposits to get competitive prices.

You probably won't make any money using a WWD program. We explored their offering prior to joining with some companies that care and unless you've already experienced godaddys support your in for a ride.

Alot of their success storys are basically forgerys/fakes that the company itself launches. The more you dig into their "I made this much commercials" the more you see it's all a scam.

The last I checked they had setup fees, GoDaddy will sell domains cheaper then you can, and your clients will be stuck dealing with godaddys never-ending policies.

I'd keep looking around for a domain reseller program with no setup charge or one that requires a modest deposit to get the pricing your after.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

I would suggest to look for NetEarthOne. I am using them for long time and quite happy with Prices and prompt support.

OK i see.

Basically I am just trying to find someone who provides the services godaddy does. eg, website / billing / (Maybe support?) / cheap prices.

I will keep looking and I am not going to chose right away.

With a $3000 budget you could easily use multiple providers for different needs rather then relying solely on godaddy.

Example:

You can get a reseller from company a,
    get domains from company b (enom, etc...),
    get billing from company c (whmcs, clientexec, etc...),
    and outsource your support to company d (bobcares, we3cares, etc...).

I'd also recommend you purchase a custom website instead of a template.
    // Real Web Technologies, Inc. - www.rwebtech.com
    John Rodstrom - Chief Executive Officer - J.Rodstrom@rwebtech.com
    Web Design, Development & Hosting

Give NetEarthOne a shot.
    Just visit their site, and search for the easter egg. Egg will get you to tier2 pricing without paying a dime. If you are satisfied, you can upgrade to tier3 ($995 one time), which has even better prices.

Their pricing can be seen here:
    http://reseller.netearthone.com/rese...action=pricing
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda View Post
    Give NetEarthOne a shot.
    Just visit their site, and search for the easter egg. Egg will get you to tier2 pricing without paying a dime. If you are satisfied, you can upgrade to tier3 ($995 one time), which has even better prices.

Their pricing can be seen here:
    http://reseller.netearthone.com/rese...action=pricing
    Yeah I've found the Easter egg. (Thanks to WHT )

I wish their flash presentations etc worked, but they don't seem to.

RESELL.biz looks very similar and their flash presentations are also not working..... which makes me wonder why they are both not working.

Integrating multiple platforms into one site would be very complex wouldn't it? If i just used netearthonline it would be a compromise.

I am really not so confident on making it too complicated, though.

Anyway I'll keep trying to gather as much info as possible.

Just out of curiosity, If i wanted to leave godaddy and take most of my customers with me to say internet.bs when I had a portfolio of say a few thousand domains. How hard would that be?

They aren't your customers at GoDaddy, they are GoDaddys customers. I would have to imagine it would be rather difficult and painstaking since each customer move would depend on each customers status with GoDaddy at the time of the move.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager

Anyone know a website with a comparison of the different registrars prices / services / etc ?

Fanmaster you only really have a few choices here.

Enom or ResellerClub. Both of these allow subreselling which means if you can't afford deposits or miniumums you can find a subreseller that will let you start reselling under them.

Network Solutions has some programs and so does Tucows but I believe both of them do require something up front to get started.

It would be really hard to find an un-biased site that compares all the programs since the programs can change at anytime.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager

OK Enom seems to have the 7.95 price bracket for 1600~ non refundable set up fee + an option for them to handle all the billing and site and such for pdq instant reseller.

Netonline seems to be slightly cheaper but I'd have to have a billing system which would be $99 a month to maintain...

Are there any enom resellers that do the same thing (EG all in 1 package) with a lower set up fee or anything?

If you happen to utilize whmcs as your billing panel they offer plans for both resellerclub & enom. If you already utilize whmcs you can find more about that on their website.

If not it might be something to consider as a perk since it is a good billing panel for hosting.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager

Maybe you are looking at this from the wrong angle. Check out webhosting companies that offer reseller hosting accounts with domain registration. This will give you an integrated solution. Innohosting.com for example has $16.95 reseller accounts with $7.69 .com domain registration & WHMCS integration. I believe Innohosting is a domain reseller for both NetEarthOne and Enom. In this case you would be a sub-reseller through Innohosting. geekstorage.com also has reseller hosting with sub-reseller domain accounts.
    Last edited by Techno; 11-22-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Maybe you are looking at this from the wrong angle. Check out webhosting companies that offer reseller hosting accounts with domain registration. This will give you an integrated solution. Innohosting.com for example has $16.95 reseller accounts with $7.69 .com domain registration & WHMCS integration. I believe Innohosting is a domain reseller for both NetEarthOne and Enom. In this case you would be a sub-reseller through Innohosting. geekstorage.com also has reseller hosting with sub-reseller domain accounts.
    Cool, these seem quite good.

So I suppose I'd just get one of the $26.95 plans + get a webpage template and then get someone to code it together to work with the billing stuff.

Then sort out paypal as the billing company etc.

Actually the 26.95plan you are quoting includes everything including
    Billing Application + Webpage + End User Support + Domain Reseller.

and offcourse hosting