Thread: Powweb is GONE

Powweb is GONE

Anyone know what happened? Datacenter fire? something? Powweb.com, my site & forum and TONS of sites w/ powweb are GONE!!!

Internal Server Error - Read
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.c5e402cc.1258700628.0
    is what shows on powweb.com..

EEKK Any idea?

I'll need a VPS or dedicated soon... guess this is making me decide even sooner

Best Regards,

Mark

Oh man I rreally really really worried.. teaches me to take the backup OFF of the server for my forum... will I ever learn!

I suppose on the whois page of them you will bne able to get their tel number and call them
    It seems the only way now you can get in touch with them

Went ahead and checked for you as well and can't see thier site up. Hopefully, it does come back up so you can your get backups. Remember to always store backups off server and maybe in two locations as such.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Mark: Whats the issue with your site and various other sites on your network?

Harry Sutton: Hi Mark. My name is Harry, how are you today?

Harry Sutton: Currently, we are experiencing an issue with our servers. Hence, you are unable to access our website. Also, we are experiencing an issue with our internal tools and I will not be able to check your issue now. I suggest that you contact us after some time.

Mark: kthnxbi
    Best Regards,

Mark

Yes, at least I just backed up my wordpress database with nearly 300 posts and thousands of comments yesterday. I have files of the forum just not too recent EEK! Thanks guys!

Calling them now, says they're experiencing a network problem. They said they should be back up later but don't know when! EEK> They say they have backups.

Quote Originally Posted by lycheepassion View Post
    Calling them now, says they're experiencing a network problem. They said they should be back up later but don't know when! EEK> They say they have backups.
    You are in luck
    I hope you will be able to solve the problem
    Good luck

Well, I hope they could fix the problem right away. And about you looking for a new host, you might want to try checking the offer section forum here. =)

I've seen quite a few reports across twitter about issues with powweb and others relating to a network link going down at some point.

I do not know how accurate this information is - just what i've seen around twitter.

Some are sticking it out but others have decided to leave to other companies.

Their site is loading fine now. Hope your problem also got resolved.

Are powweb and Ipowerweb in any way related? I have a friend with a site at ipowerweb and its down, too.

Are powweb and Ipowerweb in any way related? I have a friend with a site at ipowerweb and its down, too.
    Indeed they are. So is Fatcow. My account with them was down for 2.5 hours today.

Not that I've noticed it personally, Pingdom did it for me, proof that "manual" checks are almost worthless.

Things happens. but most of these datacenters claim to have UPS backup and diesel power generators, why didn't they kick in?

Quote Originally Posted by layeronline View Post
    Things happens. but most of these datacenters claim to have UPS backup and diesel power generators, why didn't they kick in?
    Because you have no idea what went on, maybe it wasn't a power outage, perhaps?
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Well, my friends website is still down even though their twitter feed says problem is solved.
    I'm getting their stuff the hell out as soon as it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckworld View Post
    Well, my friends website is still down even though their twitter feed says problem is solved.
    I'm getting their stuff the hell out as soon as it comes up.
    if it comes up...

and doesn't the forum state what happened?

If it comes up indeed. My friend is still looking for password. Ex husband set this up for her... bet you can fill in the rest.

I have communicated to my friend that from now on....

So no official support available to me just yet. Just what I see on their public twitter feed, etc. She's not alone, other domains at same IP address are down.

Course from what I've been reading about this company's level of support, none might actually be better than what we'd get....

Well with some people saying their sites are still down I can imagine it may have indeed been power related. If the power cuts just like that there can be a lot of issues that come as a result. The biggest one being some servers requiring fsck's or in some cases having drives or other hardware fail.

Of course it would be wise to inform the customers on the servers affected considering it claims everything is okay now.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!