Greetings All,

I'm an enthusiastic and experienced UNIX systems administrator with a very strong background in Apache, MySQL, PHP optimization and general UNIX systems administration.

Services offered:

Monthly Server Management
Encompasses everything stated below plus a lot more.

Server Optimization
Optimization of Apache, PHP & MySQL specifically tailored for your server & website. Custom compiles of Apache, MySQL and PHP are available if specifically requested.

Server Security
General server hardening including correction of filesystem permissions, installation and configuration of intrusion detection software, scanning for possible pre-existing rootkits, trojans & other nasties, customization of a firewall policy specifically for your system and an upgrade of all pre-installed software to the latest stable release provided for your distribution.

Kernel Upgrade
Linux Kernels, if not correctly updated or regularly for that matter, can be one of the biggest security issues on a server. Upgrading and patching (with grsecurity) the current kernel to the most stable and secure version available for your servers distribution.

Website Transfers
Depending on software utilized on the existing and destination server, this is also available.

Technical Expertise:

Software Helpdesk and billing software (Clientexec, Modernbill, Cerberus, WHMCS) Server Technologies Apache, MySQL, PgSQL, PHP, Exim/QMAIL, ClamAV, Pure/ProFTPD, SpamAssassin, CMS (Drupal, phpnuke), Firewalls (CSF/LFD, APF), chkrootkit, rkhunter and more.
Networking - Extensive knowledge and experience of Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, POP3/IMAP, SCP/FTP, SNMP, VPN)
Operating Systems RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD.

Work experience:

- Bash and Perl Scripting Creation and Alterations.
- SSH Configuration and Hardening.
- Troubleshooting and Addressing issues in a Helpdesk environment.
- Server Security Auditing, Vulnerability Assessment and correction.
- Proficient with Cpanel and WHM management (setting up accounts, remote backups, DNS clusters, Failover solutions etc).
- VPN Technologies (OpenVPN, Poptop etc).
- Monitoring and Managing Network Devices using Cacti, PRTG, etc.
- Experience with VPS Software (Virtuozzo).
- Third party Software Installations and configuration Software management (Fantastico, RVSkins etc).
- Security Protection (Intrusion Detection with Snort, tripwire and ipfw/iptables etc).
- DNS and RDNS delegation experience (Bind, QDNS).
- Linux Kernel Security, regular maintenance, recompiles and OS reinstalls.
- Exim Administration and Optimization experience with ClamAV, Sophos AV, ExiScan and SpamAssassin.
- Core System Files Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, resolv.conf etc).
- Monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service outtages, High Load Alerts etc) experience with Nagios.
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PGSQL), performance Optimization and Hardening.

Depending on the timezone of your business I am very flexible, and available on-call if need be via cell phone/skype for remote hands if I'm not at the computer.

Dexqts services are a great help for web system preparation, security updates, and maintenance. With years of experience in security audit he has the skills when you need it most. Dexqts services are a great solution to your hosting health, and system up keeping.
Brandon Hastings - California, United States
Services used: Monthly Server Management - 4th September 2009 to date.

I have useed Dexqt as a contract worker and I got to say he does an amazing job with his knowledge along with completeing tasks quickly. A+++
Derek Denholm - Ontario, Canada
Services used: Monthly Server Management - 8th June 2009 to date.

Feel free to private message me if you're interested and would like to see my resume and/or references or just to discuss anything further.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope we can work together!