BoxVPS - a surrealistic experience

I have an extrememly cheap VPS with BoxVPS that I just haven't had a chance to try out. I just now went to log in to webmin on the VPS and found it was inaccessible. So, I opened up a support ticket, and received a reply in under a minute. One minute! What? Did I accidentally open a ticket on WiredTree?

Well, I explained my problem, and they kindly informed me that I had the wrong port number. I was trying 1000 and the port number should be 10000.

So, after I click the "Submit new thread" button, I am heading off to bed as I obviously need the sleep.

Kudos to BoxVPS. I wasn't too sure about them in the beginning, but this was very impressive. I've got to find some time to play with this VPS now.

I thought your tag looked familiar(did a quick search). Your the author of the "BOXVPS is a scam" thread.

I'm glad to see Your Happy. We did pick up the support and appreciate You noticing.
    boxVPS.com - How big is your box?

That's a great turnaround, especially from what sounded like a negative experience. Always good to hear about what people are doing right!!

Quote Originally Posted by budman714 View Post
    I thought your tag looked familiar(did a quick search). Your the author of the "BOXVPS is a scam" thread.
    Yep - things didn't start out too great.

I'm glad to see Your Happy.
    Very - and pleasantly surprised.

We did pick up the support and appreciate You noticing.
    Seems you picked up everything - a world of difference. Keep up the good work, and thanks again for the help last night.

Make sure to keep us informed. It's always great to hear about a host consistently providing excellent support -- especially a budget host.
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

2 minute respnse time

Quote Originally Posted by e-Sensibility View Post
    Make sure to keep us informed. It's always great to hear about a host consistently providing excellent support -- especially a budget host.
    Just had a blond moment and forgot my webmin password - and got blocked. I opened a ticket and got a response within 2 minutes! I was able to figure out myself how to reset the p/w - but I have to admit that I am impressed.

A good reason why customers shouldn't always jump to conclusions with a new host. Over time the host and the client understand each other better.

Good to see that BoxVPS seems to be improving There were quite a few "horror" threads a few months back so it is refreshing to see a provider actually work out their problems and improve service.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahneeno View Post
    A good reason why customers shouldn't always jump to conclusions with a new host. Over time the host and the client understand each other better.
    It's not so much about "understanding" - they just seem to have greatly improved.

There were quite a few "horror" threads a few months back
    Yeah - I started one - that's why I started this current thread. Felt I should tell it like it is. And "it is" quite good now.

Good to hear that they are improving. Most new companies go through bumps in the road.

Though We are far from "NEW"(started in 2004), We have had some bumps.

Without Our customers We would be no where.

Thanks again!
    boxVPS.com - How big is your box?

Excellent support is always a good way to get back on the right track, glad to hear all is well and I hope to hear more good experiences!
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed Cloud Servers in Canada. Join our White Labelled WHMCS Cloud VPS Reseller Program to become your own host!
    SSD Accelerated Cloud | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous | Idera Backups | Bitcoin & Litecoin Accepted