United States

How long does it take to register an LLC in California?

I tried to help my friend to register his LLC in May (almost 6 months). He filled out the Article of Organization, paid $70. Then filled out the Statement of Information, paid $20.
    Until now, my friend didn't receive any documents from the Secretary so that he can open a Business bank account. I checked the status on Secretary website, and it's show "active".
    He also wants to pay $800 LLC Tax, but not sure how/where to pay cause he didn't get any info from the Secretary or Tax Board.

Are we missing something? Any ways to contact the Secretary?

San Francisco
    Here is contact information for the SOS office. Sounds like something got lost in the mail to you or possibly the wrong address was entered.

Regarding the $800 tax, all the documents and information are available on the same website above. I suggest getting an accountant if you need assistance with paying your taxes. Hope that helped.

Goleta, CA
    Given California's 20+ billion dollar budget deficit I expect additional worker furloughs to delay the application process. Why it's still a manual process I'll never know. Seems to me you should register online, pay the 800 dollar bribe and everyone looks the other way.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

the best way is to do this in person, go to secretary of state, corporate division, in your case i would say mail got lost, but you can always ask for certified copies of the documents
    Offshore incorporation and bank accounts
    @offshoreoffer - offshore services, tax optimization info