Hybrid View

Thumbs up Offshore Web Hosting Business

If you start a web hosting business I would definitely not set it up in the United States or any of the European Union countries. The laws there are becoming more and more intrusive and so setting it up in Asia or Panama or Uruguay where you have some privacy laws and tradition governing your business is much much better in my opinion.

FREEDOM

P.S. Which web hosting companies offshore do you guys like?

Honestly, I would rather stay where there are laws and regulation. Sets boundaries on what you could do and can't do. And unless you're planning on selling illegal items or bootlegging stuff, you're better off staying at a place where you can take legal action - an offshore company can be out of limits legally if they decide to shut overnight without a warning. And for all you know, they may not be a valid business at all.

Thumbs up

That is why you need to stick with an offshore web hosting business that has been established for a number of years like the one I am using for my site.

You also need to select one that has good laws that respect privacy and not a renegade country without laws. I would never recommend that.

FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomOffshore View Post
    That is why you need to stick with an offshore web hosting business that has been established for a number of years like the one I am using for my site.

You also need to select one that has good laws that respect privacy and not a renegade country without laws. I would never recommend that.

FREEDOM
    Which host is that I would like to know

Mash

Lightbulb re:offshore web hosting business

Exactly, I am running the offshore web development business in India over 13 years. Really i got good business development because of some sort of country privacy.

<<Signature to be set up in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-19-2009 at 03:17 AM.

Established or not, there is no telling what will happen tomorrow

I personally have always had an offshore server. I just feel like Im not restricted however I also have an onshore server for backups just in case there was a problem. I also feel that there is more of a market when you come to selling offshore.
    Boutique Host || Driven by our Uptime and Customer Service Record with proven 99.9% uptime.
    Shared and Reseller Packages - cPanel - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder - CloudFlare.
    Live Chat || 24/7 Technical Support || 30 Minute Average Technical Response Time.