how to implement multiple domains on one websites

I have one website running ok.
    I have bought 1 additional domain name.
    How can we do it if I want:

When we input any of the domains, the site doesnt get redirected but loads as if that is the actual url. And when we delete or not use the 1st domain name, the 2nd still working find?

How to do it please?
    Will the follwoing way be working? Or is there another better way?

add the 2nd domain from cPanel >> Addon Domains >> , then put Document Root: the same folder as the 1st domain used.

Thanks for your help.

parked domains should work if I'm understanding what you want to do. Parked domains will allow you to have just one set of files

Njoker is right - Going the add-on domain route the way you said would likely accomplish the same thing if it let you do it though.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

If you are paying for a hosting service, your best bet is to ask for help to your host. Not that we do not want to help, but you should take advantage of what are you paying for.

Many hosts offer parking domains for free but some don't. You should contact your provider's support.

You'll need to park the domain.

Like many said, its best luck is to contact your provider, explain your question and make sure that they allow this transaction to work.

Like all said you should be able to park it. But i see a problem if you paid for a hosting account that was able to have 20 domains on it and you only have one on it. Contact them and if there nice fella's they will help you out hopefully .

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    parked domains should work if I'm understanding what you want to do. Parked domains will allow you to have just one set of files
    Yes this is true.. Parked domains can handle A set of files.
    Cheers mate!

If your host is running a windows server using IIS they will need to add a new IIS entry and point that to your root folder where your website files are located.
    <snipped>
    Last edited by ldcdc; 11-17-2009 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rose View Post
    Many hosts offer parking domains for free but some don't. You should contact your provider's support.
    Yeap, I agree. So before you choose the web hosts provider you must know what the advantages that they have.