Bad experience with Spookster187

Hello all,

I just wanted to share my bad experience with Spookster187. He was hired to do some development work for my FIFA League. He was given a task list and gave me an extremely generous price which I was thankful for. He also gave me a date he would finish by. He never finished on the date he said and now he claims he has to investigate the issue on a refund. As the goods are not tangible, I'll get screwed on this most likely. He was telling me on AIM today that he did research and consultation so should be paid. Either way, he did not complete the job and still hasn't completed the job and I have escalated a paypal dispute. He told me he'll either refund me, let paypal decide or tell paypal it's a non tangible good.

Either way, I think I should receive my money back as he didn't complete the code on the date offered and I'm not willing to pay him anymore as it wasn't completed as agreed. To be fair, the script he was working with on my site is poorly coded but, he gave me the quote on it.

Justin

Luckily paypal refunded me.

Lucky for you.

In future get a contract written up giving a list of requirements/deadlines etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvanescence View Post
    Lucky for you.

In future get a contract written up giving a list of requirements/deadlines etc.
    Yea surely and I paid him 100% up front because he seemed trustworthy.

Sorry that happened.

I must be the only person who never asks for money upfront or a deposit. I figure that if I'm late on something, I can give a generous discount on it, by more than $100 at least, or recommend another person who can get it done. They don't mind, but we remain close in the end.

Plus, if I'm holding the final product, you're going to have to pay to get it. Maybe I'm just old fashioned?

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchFX View Post
    I must be the only person who never asks for money upfront or a deposit.
    Starting any work without a ~50% downpayment is foolish.
    Sam Asante ~ Web & User Interface Designer ~ SamAsante.com
    World-Class cPanel Themes
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

7. yeah agreed to sam actually i have bad experience of making design without 20% or 30% upfront payment to the client.. after that bad things happened ive always quoting them for a 20%/30% upfront before to start the projects.

If that's your main career, I can understand that. For me, it isn't. Therefore, in the end, it really doesn't hurt me. I always have someone willing to drop a few hundred, and the occasional 1K for something that's out of the realm of normalcy. I know who Sam is and I've seen his work, but his compared to mine or people who do specialty work is different. If it works for you guys, then I'm happy for you. What I do just works for me, but I usually get paid a deposit without asking for one, so that works for me. Either way I get paid.

Sam, can't wait to see what you've done with Vissol.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchFX View Post
    Sam, can't wait to see what you've done with Vissol.
    Check your PM!
    Sam Asante ~ Web & User Interface Designer ~ SamAsante.com
    World-Class cPanel Themes
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

Got it, thanks.

Glad to hear some information from you all.

Thanks