Realistic reseller prices

Hi,

I am considering to start offering reseller plans (CPanel) but I did not check prices in a while. What is average price for reseller account which is fully managed and has premium bandwidth? I mean I know there are many parameters but at least tell me range which is actual now lowest-highest.

Thanks

How about 20GB space 200GB bandwidth $20/month
    You can find many cheaper plans in offer forum, including plan with 1000GB bandwidth for less than $10/month.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

20/200 seems reasonable for $20/mo as noted above.

It varies, also varies more if you want end user support. It also varies from provider to provider. Different providers use different data centers, servers, VM's etc...

This question can actually go quite deep depending on the level of detail you dig into to get that pricing.

For example:

Provider A can charge $20/mo for 20GB and 200GB bandwidth. So can Provider B.

However Provider A oversells heavily and runs resellers on a VPS. Where Provider B has more expensive dedicated hardware that is not excessively oversold.

In summation, see what they charge, what they run on, what type of support they offer, what guarantees they have, what is their track record with other clients if you can find reviews, etc.

So, market is not as bad as I was afraid it to be . I mean after what happened with regular hosting reseller prices are not bad.

Pricing generally reflects cost of operations (equipment, support, repairs, etc) + a profit markup.

Reseller and shared are still doing well in my book. However the shift is going toward VPS and VM's over reseller/shared from what I can see.

Yes, seems that reseller prices are now close to VPS prices, however it is probably harder to provide support for resellers since many people host only one site on VPS.

We don't know you total income or about your money, You best bet is to just make up plans and try to balance them.

For example charge $1.25 per 1OGB Disk and $2.00 Per 20GB Bandwidth, and a additional of $0.75 cents for the cPanel. Break it down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectedHosting View Post
    We don't know you total income or about your money, You best bet is to just make up plans and try to balance them.

For example charge $1.25 per 1OGB Disk and $2.00 Per 20GB Bandwidth, and a additional of $0.75 cents for the cPanel. Break it down.
    That's great idea. Thank you!

Never price solely based off what the competition charges - that's some of the best advice you'll get, trust me. I always recommend doing some market research and knowing your competition quite well, though. Take a look at other firms that do business in a capacity at least similar to what you want to do. Consider your other services as well. IE: Don't charge premium prices for reseller hosting if you're a budget shared hosting looking to expand rolls. If you have pre-existing services (and it seems like you do), you'll want to compliment them.

Unoversold would be about $20 a month maybe $15 if your lucky.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTech View Post
    Never price solely based off what the competition charges - that's some of the best advice you'll get, trust me. I always recommend doing some market research and knowing your competition quite well, though. Take a look at other firms that do business in a capacity at least similar to what you want to do..
    This is the right thing you can do IMO also. Think about your business strategy. What all features include in your plans. A thorough market research and after that your own calculations can fix your prices.

thank you all for your advices, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by borgdrone7 View Post
    thank you all for your advices, much appreciated.
    No problem. Best of luck for your business.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTech View Post
    Never price solely based off what the competition charges - that's some of the best advice you'll get, trust me. I always recommend doing some market research and knowing your competition quite well, though. Take a look at other firms that do business in a capacity at least similar to what you want to do. Consider your other services as well. IE: Don't charge premium prices for reseller hosting if you're a budget shared hosting looking to expand rolls. If you have pre-existing services (and it seems like you do), you'll want to compliment them.
    indeed, price discounting is a downward spiral that generally leads to ruin. There's always someone cheaper. Why not add a service in there that doesn't in fact cost very much, but is perceived to be very useful.