Hostnine Billing Really Upset

TICKET NO:FSA-342827

i post this thread because i want to

share my experience i have in my billing in HOSTNINW.
    I been a customer and a good payer for my

account for almost 3 yrs. and just

recetnly i got a problem in my cC so i

was not able to my bill for 09/27/09-

10/26/09 so when i pay it last NOV

16,2009 there is already LATE FEE ADDED

10USD. I did not question that because i

know i have a mistake in that part. SO

after i pay my bill NOV 16 my site was UP

again they remove the suspension.

But after one day when i check my site it

was down again. I was confuse. So i check

my email again and i found out that they

suspend again my account.
    They email me a GENERATED BILL for the

month(10/27/2009 - 11/26/2009) the amount

i receive that i need to pay is 9.95. and

the date it generate is Invoice Date:

11/17/2009 Due Date: 10/27/2009, SO i was

shock and get confused when i login in my

billing account to pay for my bill it

appear that their is again another LATE

FEE. My point is I just receive the

generated email NOV 17 and when i pay it

their is late fee.
    If i can only found it my account when i

login in i will pay for it the same day I

pay for my sept-oct bill.
    But i just receive it yesterday. To all

who read in this i hope you understand my

point.
    ANd for those who have the same experience kindly write comment

I'm not a fan of late fees, especially when they're illegal in the UK if they're excessive i.e don't match the real cost to the company.

Greetings,

This customer lapsed on payments in September. He finally paid his invoice for September, which resulted in an invoice for October being generated. As both invoices were well past the due date when paid, a late fee was applied to each one of them. It is our general policy, which is outlined in our Terms & Conditions that each customer agrees to when signing up, to apply a late fee to any invoice not paid by the due date. We generally allow a 10 day grace period for this.

To avoid a late fee being assessed we recommend not paying your invoices late.

If this customer wishes to make arrangements to pay us the amount owed with the late fee, he may contact us on the ticket he already has opened.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Greetings,

This customer lapsed on payments in September. He finally paid his invoice for September, which resulted in an invoice for October being generated. As both invoices were well past the due date when paid, a late fee was applied to each one of them. It is our general policy, which is outlined in our Terms & Conditions that each customer agrees to when signing up, to apply a late fee to any invoice not paid by the due date. We generally allow a 10 day grace period for this.

If this customer wishes to make arrangements to pay us the amount owed with the late fee, he may contact us on the ticket he already has opened.
    Thank you for clarifing the problem. Late fees are very common in the hosting industry, and a 10 day grace period is more than enough time to pay your invoices..There's simply no excuse why you couldn't pay on time. To the OP, next time read the Terms of Service and make sure you pay your invoices on time to avoid late fees.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

omg dears,

ill not talk enough about the matters after these, they ban me on there forum already to svoid contacts and now i feel im pressured to keep to their demands. in anyay its look like if i got 1 late payment... i got a fine of late fee, but if you late with two consecutive months, you got pay a total(TWO) 2 late fees! is that right? what about 3 late? so one offens but multiple punishment? this is what these invoices said to me, sadly... i only received one notification and the due date of the recent is very tricky - invoice release is nov 17 but due date is oct 28? isnt not questionable? how can i pay a very outdated invoice? see below.

In anyway! Ill Pay these obscured as i have no choice, i dont want anything more bad happen as i feel now very helpless, only this forum id really were all web master freedom is at large. please see your very good Invoicing system, check if the codes-Scripts-programming is in in proof if not please fix it.

Sincerely yours,

NOTE: the first attachement i receive in my email
    the second one is in their client billing area
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails emailbill.jpg   clientlogin.jpg  

We had a client with the same issue wen a month was skipped and then paid, then suspended the next day because there is still an outstanding invoice to be paid. If hostnine is using WHMCS it is pretty much all generated and operates itself without user intervention.

It's pretty standard and quite fair that if you do not pay that your account be suspended, We had a client 3x incur late fees and 3x we cleared them from generosity. If your case over the last 3yrs as a up to date payer it would be generosity of hostnine to waive the fee at their discretion if you contact them

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    We had a client with the same issue wen a month was skipped and then paid, then suspended the next day because there is still an outstanding invoice to be paid.
    The issue here is the OP does not think he should pay a late fee on the invoice because it was generated the same day he paid the last invoice.

My point is that even if the invoice was generated on the regularly scheduled due date, it would still have been 10 days past due at the time the OP had paid it. Regardless of the date the invoice was actually generated, the OP had no intention of paying until yesterday, so there would have been a fee either way.

The late fee will remain on the invoice. If the OP wishes to avoid a late fee in the future, he is welcome to pay his invoices on time. Again - A late fee is only added once the service is 10 days or more past due. If you go a month and a half without paying for your account, you should expect to pay a late fee for the original month you were late - as well as the 2nd month you would have been late on (and are late on) as well.

This will be my last post here. The late fee is completely justified and will not be removed. The OP's only motivation for posting here was because he did not get his own way after arguing with our staff on the helpdesk as well as on our forums. If we are justified in assessing a fee and I explain this to the client, a post on WHT does not change our policy nor does it change my decision on enforcing that policy.
    Last edited by Nick H; 11-17-2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

CONCLUDED

ITs clear all and we accept your policy anyway its H9 plolicy, Generally from now on all H9 customer should know this on the front of there aggrement and very clear, any one reading this message shuld now consider about the idea of a hosting server that dont be late paying else payment whould be doubled within 10 days and tripled within 60 days, wow! sounds nice! so this is the good business, even small banks wont do that interest i think "HostThree" I'm not a fan of late fees, especially when they're illegal in the UK if they're excessive i.e don't match the real cost to the company" your right at least these terms and agreement should be reviewed well and be approved by government. and WHT is not a place of complain AREA i would clear but a place of issues to be discussed openly/freely that affects the whole hosting business, thanks! this is the place where situation are tackled and make something from it. We are human don't say the policy are perfect, we are in constant change as we are all programmer alike, thats why rules a re ammended for better improvements. remember people created the web not the machine.

Excuse im female so stop addressing me he. just admit that your system is not perfect or should i say let not to be perfect.

I myself do not see any issue with their late policy, however that may just be personally as to how I feel. They are keeping your content on their servers even though you decided to be late on a payment, or decided not to pay it. The same goes with anything else, late payment on your cable bill, electric bill, or even your water bill, so why are you so against it in the web hosting industry?

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW View Post
    I myself do not see any issue with their late policy, however that may just be personally as to how I feel. They are keeping your content on their servers even though you decided to be late on a payment, or decided not to pay it. The same goes with anything else, late payment on your cable bill, electric bill, or even your water bill, so why are you so against it in the web hosting industry?
    It's simple because in this industry there is lots of competition and you can complain on the internet. With those types of services where's the competition? The answer there is none so if you don't pay your water bill you cannot cry and if you do not get your way use someone else. Web hosting post on here if it still does not change anything switch hosts and in some cases even file a charge back!
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Yes correct..... Late fees are not that bad... Hosting companies generate the invoice well before 10 to 15 days and this gives customer quite enough time to arrange source of payment.

Even the overdue invoice time is 5 to 7 days... so that gives almost more then 20 days to pay for a single month...

Well even though the OP is clearly in the wrong for not paying his fees, I did noticed that his hosting fee is only $9.95 while the late fee is $10.00. This is quite extreme from what I see, which explains why the OP is crying foul over it. If the late fee is only let's say 10% of the total invoice, I am sure the OP wouldn't mind paying it.

@JLHC

Yes I too agree... Its bit weird that the hosting company is charging late fee more then the cost of his base package...

While it may be said that charging a late fee that is above the normal bill is outrageous, but i will also think that approach is most important. If OP had approached the Host perhaps respectively, am sure they could have resolved the issue before now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Greetings,

Thanks for posting in here. That halps understand situation when you here both sides.
    Anyways I suppose better to get that solved in private rather then in public

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Well even though the OP is clearly in the wrong for not paying his fees, I did noticed that his hosting fee is only $9.95 while the late fee is $10.00. This is quite extreme from what I see, which explains why the OP is crying foul over it. If the late fee is only let's say 10% of the total invoice, I am sure the OP wouldn't mind paying it.
    I completely agree with you. But I have seen some other Hosting companies charging $10 late fees irrespective of the charge you pay them monthly.

@mossimo32001

Try to resolve this matter again with your Host. And I think you have to pay them as otherwise your Website Data will be lost after suspension

I agree! thanks too all who partiipated and as what Jojoboy said "Try to resolve this matter again with your Host. And I think you have to pay them as otherwise your Website Data will be lost after suspension " This what happen, im a 3 year faithfull clients with host nine and this "Nick" of host nine i just bearly know him! and for the 10$ or 1000$ issue, in the legal government or commercial which is regulated, Youll never get a 300percent Punishement or else its called in someway like robbery, and the people in Hostnine being Personal now "Quoted here" --Again, we're not waiving the fee because it was not added in error. Your entire attitude towards this situation and our policy has been trying to blame us. We are not at fault here. YOU did not pay your bills on time. YOU lapsed your account. YOU took over a month and a half to catch your account up.

There is not an error in our system, nor is there an error with the late fee that was assessed.

Posting on WHT is not going to make me change my mind. In fact, all it's going to do is ensure that I don't waive the fee as a courtesy as I had considered doing.

Regards,

Nick H.
    Billing Manager
    HostNine LLC

--""

Now that im ending this issue, yes im ending it with them! but still the main thing / lesson we learned is " Are... Should the hosting companies overcharge of penalty be regulated or no? its like the 1990's where Writing Super Destructive Virus is not A crime, but history proves itself now we are in a more4 safefty computing thanks to the authority.

And for you HostNine especially Nick, i never disrespect you but its you who turned your bak on the conversation on our forum in hostnine. So i can say is Goodluck!

Me mossimo32001, a 3 yr good clients is declaring i'm unsatisfied on the customer service, maybe not Hostnine itself but the people is not the host nine itself. and as a Proof, i will stand on my Issue and Let the world know that i will not be doubting and suppress the truth, You can suspend, Kill, Do what ever you want! in my accounts! you cant say I'm a Bogus as i have records, here and in your server. Just admit, YOU DONT CARE!

And For me a small-timer.... Goodluck, I am now On looking for another server!

And for all the people in the community please keep the Braveness for the openness.

P.S. ?I dont have the system but they cant put me on hold! They told me they can waiver the penalty but really I dont Think so, if they are treating me as human they should waiver it already, But still they choose not! and let reach this situation where simple unprofessional mistakes happen and the consiquence is ..... Thanks for your professionalism - i loved the years we've been through!
    Last edited by mossimo32001; 11-18-2009 at 06:19 AM.

@mossimo32001

If you already made your mind about Changing Web Hosts, than make sure You pay your Bills timely in upcoming months

All the Best

Now that im ending this issue, yes im ending it with them! but still the main thing / lesson we learned is " Are... Should the hosting companies overcharge of penalty be regulated or no? its like the 1990's where Writing Super Destructive Virus is not A crime, but history proves itself now we are in a more4 safefty computing thanks to the authority.
    Actually, I have no issue with it. Personally, Lets say you have a loan with a bank, Yes they charge you interest and all the other fees and charges.

However, If you are late on a "payment" then yes you will be charged for it because the funds were not there or could not be retracted from the main account to cover the costs. So in all regards you could class this as the same thing.

So what you are saying is you do not approve of a Hosting Service charging you a late fee because you could not manage to pay it on time?
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

"So what you are saying is you do not approve of a Hosting Service charging you a late fee because you could not manage to pay it on time?"

I should Say!

I am not approve of a Super, Overcharge Hosting Service charging you a late fee because you could not manage to pay it on time? And may i ask... who of you who of you never find yourself sometime in financial problem or maybe forget to see your bills sometime? is someone there perfect or totally clean? and is the issue here late payment or the OVERcharge extra fine payment? which is a bigger issue, Thanks!

i feel light! the web is open, This event proves the web is open and not controlled by Large hosting companies.

And thanks! i will remember and all should put on there mind that you should pay in time or The Hosting company are awake waiting for our mistakes! and devour the chances.

They are watching us from, afar! but claws are ready.

I am not approve of a Super, Overcharge Hosting Service charging you a late fee because you could not manage to pay it on time? And may i ask... who of you who of you never find yourself sometime in financial problem or maybe forget to see your bills sometime? is someone there perfect or totally clean? and is the issue here late payment or the OVERcharge extra fine payment? which is a bigger issue, Thanks!
    It has somewhat affiliation, I understand the fustration because I do have a loan from a bank and recently had to go through hardship because of the economy and have had issues with repayments and I have incurred that much interest and charges, Late Fees and Charges and it is totally beyond silly...

If you are complaining about $10, Try $1000 over a 3 month period for going onto hardship provisions.

I am not a crazy old coot, But honestly, I feel your anger and frustration but sometimes you need to talk with the host you are hosting with to see if arrangements can be made or waived. No point in trying to destroy ones reputation to where it may or may not have been a problem that you caused or you may not of caused.

It is too much effort, Time & Money to put it all through the process. I have never hosted with Hostnine but have heard some good and bad reviews come from their direction, Not everyone is perfect and quite honestly communication is more powerful than anything.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Hosting providers have hosting bills, also..You wouldn't like it if your host didn't pay the datacenter on time and end up with the servers shut down, would you? No, you expect your host to be responsible and maintain the servers up and provide you with their service at all times. So, why do you think it's okay for you to not honor the same billing agreement and expect your host to just let it disappear and forget about it?

Late fees are there to remind you that it's NOT okay to be late on your invoice. Hosting is a service that requires payment upfront before the determined period. And, your host still allowed you to start the next time period and use up server resources even though you had not paid for the month yet. Just think about that.

I don't think it's fair that you come here to post negative things about your host, when you're the one that made the mistake by not paying your hosting bill...
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Concluded

Come on... I already stop being specific, lets move one - the main idea now is big, its about uncontrolled Overcharging of All the same who enforcing the same kind policy- Unregulated- Again this is for all.

This is a forum where issues are raised, and knowing about the overcharging issue - IS AN EYE OPENNER, the truth behind every major hosting.

May this the last be mesage as it is already very clear like the sun, its not about small mistake, its what the mistakes uncovered, and hopefully even not today but cleary be in the back of every client mind , there is a issue to be solved for the future- it is in records!

Thanks for all of your good time

Late fees are bad in my opinion as I've said, who gives you the legal right to award yourself compensation based on someone elses mistakes? If someone doesn't pay you there are steps to be taken rather than turning it into a money making machine, we have already seen the banks rip their customers off with 30-35 charges plus interest every time a customer does something wrong.

Late fees should only cover your costs plus any lost interest, we have already seen the banks lose their case in the high courts.