Fsckvps down? No contact in 24 hours..

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their fsckvps vps? Server went down this time yesterday, and i have sent in 5 tickets now about it.. no replies to any of them. Quite shocked at this terrible service to be honest.

Thanks.

Hi
    We've not had any support tickets open that long. I would suggest perhaps checking your spam folder or logging into https://support.vaserv.com itself to check for replies. You should also get an auto-ack saying your ticket has been recieved with your ticket number

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Hi Rus, thanks for your reply.

I have checked my spam box and there is nothing there. I have also tried logging in to that control panel in the link you gave, but the password i was given when i purchased the server is invalid. The forgot password link also does not work.

My most recent ticket-id is RZD-628319.
    Last edited by Daelex; 11-17-2009 at 09:40 AM.

Hi
    I've replied and re-activated the VPS as it was suspended due to load issues. We did send an email to the billing contact to this effect

Thanks for your help Rus. Can i confirm that the billing contact email is ashwillis [at] programmer <dot> net? As i have had no contact from fsckvps to this address.

Yup thats where we are sending it. If you open a new ticket from another email address with something that will identity you. A paypal transcation ID or say the last 4 digits of your CC we will be able go that way

Rus

Ok, sorry for going slightly off topic here. I found the reason the server being suspended.

I have sendmail running with moderate traffic (about 15 emails a minute) and it seems sporadically sendmail processes are being blocked waiting for disk I/O causing the load average to climb and climb until eventually causing the server to become suspended.

Is there anything i can do on my end to stop this from happening again in the future? I have already spent quite some time configuring sendmail. Queuing and rejection settings etc, but even on low settings the problem still seems to occur.