What Ecommerce is this?

Hello guys

Could you have a look in this: https://distrib.foreverliving.com/re...35&language=en.

I would like to be able to do something like this, but I do not know what kind of software is it. Some people I have asked they say it is a content management framework that has an ecommerce module.

Anyone experienced something like this? Any ideas what software can do this without braking the bank and/or how to do it?

Thanks in advance

I don't recognize this cms or cart. It looks custom however.
    Why don't you just use ZenCart, its free/open source.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smajer View Post
    I don't recognize this cms or cart. It looks custom however.
    Why don't you just use ZenCart, its free/open source.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/
    Thanks for replying, but do you think I can such a cart as above with zencart?

I use both ZenCart and CRE Loaded. I would recommend ZenCart... it's free, open source and you can find several FREE templates online. You should be able to find a Free ZenCart Template with the look you would like. Just do a little searching in Google.

I'm not a huge fan of CRE Loaded because the documentation sucks and if you're paying several hundred dollars (Cre Loaded B2B) the documentation should be much better.

Hello again,

I do not know if you have looked on the above example, but in that cart the shops is a bit different for every country you choose to buy the products.

Any ideas on how this can be done OR if can be done by Zen-Cart lets say?

Thanks

Looks like java based software to me (.do file extensions) - most likely KonaKart, but im not sure. Cre and ZenCart are getting old - Magneto is taking ecommerce market lately, so be sure to check it features for country-specific cart rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by HostBill View Post
    Looks like java based software to me (.do file extensions) - most likely KonaKart, but im not sure. Cre and ZenCart are getting old - Magneto is taking ecommerce market lately, so be sure to check it features for country-specific cart rendering.
    I am not that experience, so I cannot comment on this that is why I am asking more experience users.

I have found that this is either based or incorporated into a FatWire Content Server which is a comprehensive web content management (WCM. That means nothing to me but what I need is to have a webshop that works like the above one or as Hostbill suggest to have features for country-specific cart rendering : https://distrib.foreverliving.com/re...35&language=en

Maybe trying out a demo of Magento is a good idea, maybe talking to their representatives at http://www.magentocommerce.com/

If you are not going to purchase it you will at list find out what specific features exactly you need and how they are called.

Magento is too heavy and do not need so complicated shop.

I only need to vary the prices of the products depending on the country and if possible to exclude a few products from some countries.

Any cart can do this? OR any CMS with a shop?

Any help appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Losvre View Post
    I am not that experience, so I cannot comment on this that is why I am asking more experience users.
    The solutions looks custom or like it's run off a CMS. I think it's terrible and probably has low conversion rates. I have used many shopping carts.

While Zen Cart is free, it can be confusing... especially if you're "not that experienced." Magento is heavy. I liked it until I needed to change the logo on the invoices.

You might want to consider a paid solution. I use CS-Cart because it's simple and looks nice with the default theme. Either way, you will experience a learning curve if you have not done this before. So for that reason, you might want to go with whoever has the best community support (forums).

Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleven View Post
    The solutions looks custom or like it's run off a CMS. I think it's terrible and probably has low conversion rates. I have used many shopping carts.

While Zen Cart is free, it can be confusing... especially if you're "not that experienced." Magento is heavy. I liked it until I needed to change the logo on the invoices.

You might want to consider a paid solution. I use CS-Cart because it's simple and looks nice with the default theme. Either way, you will experience a learning curve if you have not done this before. So for that reason, you might want to go with whoever has the best community support (forums).

Good luck with it.
    Thanks for the answer but can I do the following with any free or paid solution?

"I only need to vary the prices of the products depending on the country and if possible to exclude a few products from some countries".

I can recommend you to look at PrestaShop.
    It seem to be able to meet your requirements.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Hello guys

Could you have a look in this: https://distrib.foreverliving.com/re...35&language=en.

I would like to be able to do something like this, but I do not know what kind of software is it. Some people I have asked they say it is a content management framework that has an ecommerce module.

Anyone experienced something like this? Any ideas what software can do this without braking the bank and/or how to do it?

Thanks in advance
    Hi, Losvre

I think the site is built on JSP.

I would also recommend zen-cart, an open source project basing on PHP+MySQL. It is really powerful, flexible and security for e-commerce usage. You could get all features even better than the one in the link.

I use zen-cart on my own sites.

Have a nice day,
    Men, women and kids air jordan shoes,
    air jordan fusion shoes shop online.

Hey guys

Many thanks to all of you and your input. I am quite new in programming and hosting and is really valuable for me that you provide such a good guidance.
    I have a try to Zen-cart and prestashop and see what I can do. It will take me some time but I will post back the results.

Btw do you think that open cart is as good enough as the other 2?

Have a nice day or evening:-)

Yes, try Zen Cart its e-commerce; free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

the best is magento, i have use Interspire shopping cart is really the best but he is not multi language, it's for this i decide to change for magento because he is multi language.

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordansHead View Post
    Hi, Losvre

I think the site is built on JSP.

I would also recommend zen-cart, an open source project basing on PHP+MySQL. It is really powerful, flexible and security for e-commerce usage. You could get all features even better than the one in the link.

I use zen-cart on my own sites.

Have a nice day,
    Hello again guys,

Thank you for your support and recommendations.

One last question is about ubercart. Do you think it can fulfil the above requirements? I mean how good is compared to zen-cart/prestashop?

Cheers

Hey guys!

What is your experience with ubercart? How it stands against zencart and could it manage multi stores?

Thank you

It looks like custom app in java?

It is not something special, you can have better results with oscommerce, opencart, prestashop, joomla+virtuemart. All free
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 01globalnet View Post

It is not something special, you can have better results with oscommerce, opencart, prestashop, joomla+virtuemart. All free
    Great news 01globalnet, and which one from the above would be the most simple? I need it for up to 200 products or less.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 01globalnet View Post

Hi again,
    I posted a question at prestashop forum and got the reply that I can have different prices for different countries, but not different shops like the example above. What I really want is to have billing notice and email to be different for each "country" e.g. [email protected], [email protected] etc. Can this be possible?

I use CakePHP for almost all my development now, and I am contemplating building my own ecommerce using it, for similar reasons to madpilot. The ability to customise everything and anything is a huge bonus, but I think something that is worth thinking about is integrating user systems.

For example, any ecommerce system you go with obviously has a user system, but if the client would like forums, or a member area on their website, down the track, how easy is it to integrate the user authentication? Will the user have to have 2 accounts? A good example is actually these forums, AWIA has a member system, but it isn't integrated with these forums..

So for me, being able to offer a solution which will enable seamless integration with other required modules/features down the line, is something that has to be considered.

Magento is too heavy and do not need so complicated shop.

I only need to vary the prices of the products depending on the country and if possible to exclude a few products from some countries.

Any cart can do this? OR any CMS with a shop?

Any help appreciated
    im again going to recommend oscommerce + a templatemonster template for starting up with an estore.

you can add any form of mod on top of it to fulfill your particular needs.

but the important thing is, it is much cheaper to find people to work on your osc store than others, for its much broadly known and supported. sooner or later, when your store starts to make money or you grow big enough, you will probably not be wanting to do your own modifications even if you are a php guru. just like any other store. instead you will want to hire someone cheap, and just keep working on your own thing. (marketing, sales, whatever). therefore osc, oscmax, zencart would be better in that regard.

but, if this is a hobby, and you are intent on doing all the mods yourself, even from scratch if you cant find a premade one, then you can pick any cart.

Thank you all guys, you are all great!!!

We did something similar to what you want with Joomla. Just because I have more experience supporting Joomla/VirtueMart I can say "yes, you can" I mean, to me it's pretty obvious that in any template-based cart solution (which Joomla/VirtueMart is) you can switch between templates based on the desired country. Even more so, I can envision that VirtueMart can easily be customized to do just that. It might cost you something, but it is doable - if that is your question.
    Web Design and Development by Zealus - Complete business solutions for the web!

Small business blog - small business consulting, company analysis, advisory and more.