Hybrid View

Touch Support info?

Does anyone here have experience using Touch Support to outsource their customer support? I'm looking to expand my support coverage for my clients. I am, however very picky about the type of support that is provided.

Has anyone here used them before?

Moved > Managed Hosting and Services.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Very very pleased with touchsupport, recommended!!!!

Glad to hear someones satisfied with them. I'm strongly considering using them but I'm picky about the support I provide.

How are their responses? Are they one liners? "Canned" responses? Very personal and friendly?

customer/tech support - 9 out of 10
    server speed & uptime - 10 out of 10

I've had a few clients tell me about their experiences with them and they have all been positive, so I don't doubt that they are a good provider to test out.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed VPS and Fully Managed Bare Metal Servers in US & Canada. We want to empower entrepreneurs to grow their business, not their IT headaches. Managed is better.
    High Availability | SSD | DirectAdmin & Softaculous | Daily Backups |Firewall & Security |30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Awesome. Thanks for all the feedback. They're the only one I've found that didn't outsource overseas. I'll most likely end up using them.
    Keith
    http://www.duvalltech.com/
    "A web host who's as invested in the success of your online identity as you are!"

bobcares is one where you can get all us techs if you want. They cost extra, but it's possible.

I have no direct connection with them. We've never outsourced our support, but I do know they have that option.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

From what I read there its a hybrid US/overseas group. I'd like to keep all of my support here in the US. They're also more expensive lol.
    Keith
    "A web host who's as invested in the success of your online identity as you are!"

Yes, but you can order the us only support. It's an option but it does cost more.

I suggest Platinum for server management they dont do client support but server suppor tthey are great and are US based

Is touchsupport still owned by theplanet? I know quite a few people weren't too happy with the service after the ownership change.

Last time I checked, Touch Support is owned by a Web Hosting firm in Chicago. They branched out from The Planet a while back, at least 6 months ago if I recall right.
    Antony Mascarenhas How can I help? antony_m@zysek.com
    Zysek Technologies Pvt. Ltd. - Indian Datacenter ¦ Hyderabad & Mumbai
    Web Hosting · Virtual Servers · Dedicated Servers · Colocation · Managed Services

Hah, I was already considering platinum. From the research ice done so far they seem like an excellent company. The only thing I'm missing right now is feedback from some of their customers.

I've got things handled pretty well during the day. I'm probably just going to use them during the night hours at first.

The only thing I'm not crazy about when it comes to Touch Support, is that they won't use my current support system (WHMCS). It kind of surprises me since WHMCS is so popular among hosts.
    Keith

@kbduvall
    Although they don't support WHMCS probably due to their internal proprietary systems which allow them to manage multiple help desks for clients, you could still get a Kayako license from them which I believe is offered at no cost and integrate it with your WHMCS system.

In way this is good as well so they don't have access to customer information which is located within your WHMCS install even though you can specify permissions within WHMCS to disallow this.
    Web Hosting · Virtual Servers · Dedicated Servers · Colocation · Managed Services

I have to say, that I'm disappointed in touch support's sales team. I've sent two emails via their sales ticket system (and yes, I've checked my spam folders) and I've not received a reply and it's been nearly 2 weeks since the first ticket. I guess they don't need the business.

We were looking for a sys admin on one of our boxes, but since we have a unique setup, we wanted to know if they could handle it. But as I've said, we've gotten no response from our two sales tickets and it's been nearly 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by powerMonster-Scott View Post
    I have to say, that I'm disappointed in touch support's sales team. I've sent two emails via their sales ticket system (and yes, I've checked my spam folders) and I've not received a reply and it's been nearly 2 weeks since the first ticket. I guess they don't need the business.

We were looking for a sys admin on one of our boxes, but since we have a unique setup, we wanted to know if they could handle it. But as I've said, we've gotten no response from our two sales tickets and it's been nearly 2 weeks.
    2 weeks ?

I'm amazed you waited that long, unless it's a non working day I expect a response within 24 - 48 hours at worst.

I'm interested in what the unique setup is now.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Try Platinum Server Management I am sure they will get back to you within a few hours and they have always been great with any issue we have ever had - and they manage about 5 servers for us

Quote Originally Posted by GregLand View Post
    Try Platinum Server Management I am sure they will get back to you within a few hours and they have always been great with any issue we have ever had - and they manage about 5 servers for us
    PSM is also on my radar. I'm not sure if they would be a good option for them though. He stated that he has a unique setup and I'm pretty sure PSM only supports standard WHM/cPanel setups.
    Keith

Have you tried calling them? Probably your ticket didn't get piped into their help desk (i.e. classified ticket as spam etc).

I sent them a few sales questions and their response was fairly quick, fully answered, and in a friendly professional manor.

However, a response I received before the "official" response to my inquiry made me raise an eyebrow.

Thank you for your e-mail! I successfully received your inquiry and I will reply as soon as possible. Please note that sales questions are not handled by technicians, therefore are no reflection of the quality or speed of our support service.
    The "our sales responses aren't a reflection of our services" disclaimer made me think they didn't have confidence in their sales team and it also made me think that they didn't understand that everything is a reflection of the services rendered.

Of course when they were able to respond to my questions, it put any suspicions at rest.

When I first contacted their sales department it was at night (around 10pm) on a weekend and the initial response was only a few hours later after 2am. So I had to give them "points" for taking the time to contact me in the middle of the night even if it was only to let me know they would respond during "normal" sales hours. And even more points were given because it wasn't an automated response. At least not that I could tell.

I don't know why you haven't gotten a response. In my limited experience with them so far I don't think they would ignore you on purpose.

I'll most likely be going with them soon so I can expand my current support offerings to my customers.
    Keith

Actually, because there was the holiday in there, I gave them extra time.

PSM won't work as we're a DA host.

My set up isn't that unique, but it's DA with LiteSpeed and I can do most things, but every once in a while there's something that's beyond my scope and so I have a fully rated sys admin work on it.

Our current one for this server has no experience with LS and LOVES to make changes to the server without telling me. They've removed CSF and installed APF without giving me notice and then everything started to break. When I asked them what was up when I tried to log in to CSF, they said they removed it and installed APF (which I do not like). They never asked or told me of their actions, so this kind of upset me. Plus when the removed CSF they removed all the config files which has taken days to reconfig just right and I'm still having to tweak it because I don't remember the exact settings that I've accumulated over the years.

I originally hired them because I couldn't fix a php error and after a few days of me tearing my hair out, I gave them a try. In the beginning they were rather good, but now, the lack of info or changes they make and sometimes them taking hours to get back to me has grown unacceptable.

I don't need someone all of the time, but every once in a while. I don't want to pay more than $50 a month for a couple of tickets if that many a month. I don't need a full system admin. I had to give these guys a lot of tickets, but mostly because what they did broke what was already working. They would fix one issue only to cause about 5 or 6 more.