VPS Wanted [Min: 512MB/25GB/100GB Bandwidth]

Hey Everyone,

Basically, i'm looking for an unmanaged VPS with the following (minimum) Specs:

• 512MB RAM (no need for Burst RAM, but if provided that's fine)
    • 25 GB Storage
    • 100GB Bandwidth
    • CentOS 5.x (x86_64)
    • 99.5% SLA

Basically, I'm looking for something to replace my shared host - I have Linux server-admin experience, and so am not looking for a managed VPS.
    I simply want to setup LAMP, a mailserver, SpamAssasin, and possibly a few other things.

I'm not too bothered about if it comes with a control panel or not, but I'm certainly not looking for cPanel or anything like that.
    I have used DirectAdmin in the past and liked it, and am curious to try out SolusVM - however. If this is going to bump up the price too much, then I'm fine without a control panel - I do however need the ability to stop/start/reboot the server.

Ideally, i'd like to spend no more than $20/month and it to be based in the EU or UK (as I am based in the UK)

Many Thanks,
    Ben Thomas
    Last edited by SSHocker; 11-16-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    Ben Thomas, Director - BTCentral Web Development Services
    http://www.btcentral.org.uk - Need a custom Web App? Visit us online.

No, your price is not unrealistic. I'm sure that you will find a good VPS host for $20. As for the UK based VPS I will suggest you -> http://www.rapidswitch.com/VirtualServers.aspx
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

Thank you for the responses (both here, and via PM).

I've now gone ahead and purchased a one month plan (DSN Lite) with directspace.net after chatting with their support about a few things (including making sure that they now actually have equal-share CPU usage) - even though it's based in the US rather than the UK. Will see how it goes, if things don't work out as planned I will most definitely be looking at the other services recommended.

Many Thanks,
    Ben Thomas
    Last edited by BTCentral - Ben; 11-16-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by btcentral View Post

I've now gone ahead and purchased a one month plan (DSN Lite) with directspace.net after chatting with their support about a few things (including making sure that they now actually have equal-share CPU usage) - even though it's based in the US rather than the UK. Will see how it goes, if things don't work out as planned I will most definitely be looking at the other services recommended.

Many Thanks,
    Ben Thomas
    Thats great news, looking forward to your One, Three month reviews.

Keep us updated.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Thats great news, looking forward to your One, Three month reviews.

Keep us updated.

Cheers
    Will do

There's no much need to go x64 on a 512mb VPS and I don't know too many providers that actually have x64 images so if you drop that I think it will be a lot easier to find what you're looking for
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

What's your budget?

In his original post if you read it he says that he wouldn't want to go higher than $20
    Boutique Host || Driven by our Uptime and Customer Service Record with proven 99.9% uptime.
    Shared and Reseller Packages - cPanel - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder - CloudFlare.
    Live Chat || 24/7 Technical Support || 30 Minute Average Technical Response Time.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    There's no much need to go x64 on a 512mb VPS and I don't know too many providers that actually have x64 images so if you drop that I think it will be a lot easier to find what you're looking for
    You make it seem like more RAM is the only benefit to 64-bit. There are many benefits to 64-bit, we usually see about a 30% gain in CPU performance as well.

And, I don't know any providers that don't have 64-bit images so what providers don't?

@ OP Glad to see you found a host, interesting to see you choose DSN as Portland is very far from the UK but if your happy that's good. Do you have good speeds to their DC?

Gald to see you found a host and there are plenty of host that offer both 32-bit and 64-bit VPS's out there in the world
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

Just a note, if you're receiving spam via PM, it's against the rules. Or if you get hosts trying to solicit you. Just letting you know

Thanks!
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

If any of the members who has contacted you via PM made you an offer, they have disobeyed our forum's rules. As such, their credibility is undermined.

To help us keep the forum clean, please report any offers that you have received, if any. You can do so by viewing the PM message and using the report button on that page, or you can contact the moderating team using the helpdesk: http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com.

Thank you, and good luck with your new host!

Virtualmin will provide you with the functionality you require within your budget. Most VPS providers can easily install this for you.