Angry HostPenguin BE WARNED

Hello,

So I recently decided to run Wordpress on my site as a front page it was the closest thing to what I was looking for for a front page.

I was already running a forum that helps people suffering from self harm, depression and mental health issues the forum software I was using was vBulletin.

I decided to add wordpress I need the theme to be integrated into vBulletin I had tried doing this myself by calling the header and footer of wordpress into vBulletin but this caused major css conflicts. So I went to a site I knew did this work HostPenguin I knew they had done this before and I knew they were a so called Christian web hosting company.

Due to the nature of my site it was ESSENTIAL it be closed for as little time as possible.

So I chose to buy there integration services which may I add was expensive considering I had very little money since the site is a NPO site and we make absolutely nothing.

I bought there 24 hour guarantee service which cost a whole $10 more may not seem like much but you should get what you pay for right?

I mean 48 hours costs $5 more.

Anyway I chose the 24 hours completion guarantee as like I said my site helps people in a crisis and I needed the site closed for as little time as possible.

It has now been nearly 48 hours since I placed the order after contacting there support over and over again I have had one reply which said over 24 hours ago that they would finish the integration within 6 to 8 hours.

When it wasn't done not only had I let me members down I was angry my site couldn't be re-opened AND they hadn't even touched the site yet not a single bit of work.

I haven't got what I paid for there support department is ignoring me I know I can be a little pushy but I have good reason to be with the nature of my site and how hard is it for them to tell me what's going on one simple reply after all I paid $55 for this.

Appalling customer service please beware of this company it just seems like a con.

Can you please write here or PM me the adress of your site? I'm curious.

adviceforall.org.uk

I'm not looking for any offers of doing this though because I simply don't have any money left lol.

No you won't have to spend money but I've sent you an e-mail. Please check your e-mails.

Quote Originally Posted by mcrickeo View Post
    I'm not looking for any offers
    That's good, as it's against our rules for anyone to offer anything in the main forum sections, or as a result of posts made here...even via email.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Unhappy

hostpenguin.net/about.php

Customer Service Hours
    Monday - Friday / 9:00a.m.- 3:00p.m.
    Saturday / Closed
    Sunday / Closed

Support Hours
    Monday - Sunday / 12:00a.m.- 12:00p.m.
    This is really sad

There rubbish anyway as when you buy a service or package from them you go onto support hours meaning you should get a reply from them ASAP but there ignoring all of my support requests all together they replied once and that is it

Their support hours are not that good as, those times can be considered low peak hours for data centers on the east coast but this is my first time every hearing about this company.

Well hopefully the director of the company posts on here a fair bit so he should be able to tell me why I have been let down

Never heard of a business closed on a sunday. Some departments yes but customer support no. I would recommend a few integration experts however for this it would not be appropriate.

If i was you i would let them finish the work and then for updates go to another one. Never heard of priority purchasing though. What ever happened to treat ALL customers the same?

Dom

I fully respect they are closed on Sunday for sales support and everything as they are Christians.

What I don't understand is why there ignoring me now they replied once when I put a question back a few hours later no reply there just ignoring me now, deliberately ignoring me they must have got my tickets but aren't answering.

It's ok because I will do a bank back charge if I haven't heard from them tomorrow and will be reporting to 2checkout as well. Honestly I paid for 24 hour guarantee and have been let down big time.

I'm angry to say the least.

I agree with the nature of your site this was VITAL. It's a shame they did not see this and do as promised. It's really nice to see someone offered to do this for free. If I were capable of this sort of change I would have offered myself.

I hope it all works out for you and your site.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Responsive whmcs templates | WHMCS | Wordpress | HTML5 | Settings area
    █ Hire us for responsive whmcs integration - enhance your website using the new "Six" template!

Hey Rick,

Just thought I would say best of luck with your site! It looks like a great site that should help a huge amount of people

Scott.

Is it me or does this website remind anyone of their old web design - http://www.euronetstart.com/ -
    XHtml, CSS, and Photoshop | W3C Compliance Coding! | 100% Hand Coding!
    All designs come with 100% Satisfaction
    5+ Years of Experience - PM ME

Usually when something like a 24 hour turn around time is guaranteed, you are supposed to be compensated should they not be able to meet that guarantee. I don't know know if they have something like this in place, but it would be worth looking into.

Yea I'm hoping I get a reply from them tomorrow as still no joy today.

I'm hoping they will compensate more than just the 24 hour guarantee price as I have had to switch my site of for 3 days which has made me a loss in traffic and new registrations.

Lets just hope they reply to my tickets tomorrow.

Rick

So I went to a site I knew did this work HostPenguin I knew they had done this before and I knew they were a so called Christian web hosting company.

Due to the nature of my site it was ESSENTIAL it be closed for as little time as possible.

So I chose to buy there integration services which may I add was expensive considering I had very little money since the site is a NPO site and we make absolutely nothing.

I bought there 24 hour guarantee service which cost a whole $10 more may not seem like much but you should get what you pay for right?

I mean 48 hours costs $5 more.

Anyway I chose the 24 hours completion guarantee as like I said my site helps people in a crisis and I needed the site closed for as little time as possible.

It has now been nearly 48 hours since I placed the order after contacting there support over and over again I have had one reply which said over 24 hours ago that they would finish the integration within 6 to 8 hours.

When it wasn't done not only had I let me members down I was angry my site couldn't be re-opened AND they hadn't even touched the site yet not a single bit of work.

I haven't got what I paid for there support department is ignoring me I know I can be a little pushy but I have good reason to be with the nature of my site and how hard is it for them to tell me what's going on one simple reply after all I paid $55 for this.

Appalling customer service please beware of this company it just seems like a con.
    mcrickeo,

I have just reviewed your ticket and the other three that you have closed. I do want to apologize to you, as it was my fault on the delay in getting your integration completed in the 24 hour time frame. We have been short staffed and i'm normally the one who completes the vBulletin integrations. Robert who is working your integration; has been working basically non-stop for the past 36 hours. He was simply just to tired to work on your project. I wish we could of had some more help during this time but it simply just wasn't possible.

Now... I want to point out a couple of things that concerns me.

1. We are a Christian Web Hosting provider and it appears to me your trying to hold us to a standard that were non-human. I may be wrong but I can assure you Christians do make mistakes just like any non-believer.

2. We never requested for you to turn your forum off. This was a decision that you decided to make and we will normally create a separate theme depending if your forum is turned on or off.

3. The sales department is not open on the Sunday and which is why you didn't get a reply. I am sure you noticed that from our website and also the automated ticket replies. The integration department does not have a set schedule and tickets will be replied in the order it was received. If you submit numerous new tickets back to back then in all honesty it does not help the situation.

4. In the 6 orders you have submitted since November 7th. The one you actually purchased was $50.00 and not the $55.00 you claim.

5. Were far from being a con! If we were a con I can assure you we wouldn't have been doing this service for close to 2.5 years now and in all honesty maybe 2-3 bad reviews of our integration services.

6. Our customer service department has been more then helpful to you during business and non-business hours. You have typically received a response from our sales department within a couple of hours.

If you wish to discuss any other concerns you may have, please feel free to contact me by private message or by email mattg at hostpenguin dot net . I will be more than glad to clear up any concerns you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by jojoboy View Post
    hostpenguin.net/about.php

This is really sad
    Whats really sad? Sad how most companies do not provide 24/7 Web Hosting Support?

Quote Originally Posted by GigeWeb View Post
    Their support hours are not that good as, those times can be considered low peak hours for data centers on the east coast but this is my first time every hearing about this company.
    Lets not get confused here... We do offer 24/7 web hosting support. The only department that is actually closed is the billing and sales department. The High priority tickets however do get checked at random times during the weekend.

Matt I think you need to work with the customer directly not on public. I suppose such kind of the posts are not good for your company

Quote Originally Posted by TrustaHost-UK View Post
    Never heard of a business closed on a sunday. Some departments yes but customer support no. I would recommend a few integration experts however for this it would not be appropriate.

If i was you i would let them finish the work and then for updates go to another one. Never heard of priority purchasing though. What ever happened to treat ALL customers the same?

Dom
    Some smaller business will at times be closed on Sundays. Some large business may also be closed on Sunday (http://www.chick-fil-a.com/) .

Customer support is not closed on the weekends and I would suggest you do some research or stop feeding off partially accurate information on this thread. Our website clearly states support is 24/7 and customer service (Sales and Billing) is closed on the weekend.

I don't see how different delivery times makes us treat our customers different. I guess since the large mail services (FedEx, UPS, US postal services) offer different delivery times then they don't treat their customers same...
    Last edited by @Matt; 11-16-2009 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    Usually when something like a 24 hour turn around time is guaranteed, you are supposed to be compensated should they not be able to meet that guarantee. I don't know know if they have something like this in place, but it would be worth looking into.
    Customer will be compensated for the 24 hour time frame not being met.

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    Matt I think you need to work with the customer directly not on public. I suppose such kind of the posts are not good for your company
    Customer chose to bring this to the public and I chose to respond to his claims. A negative review is of course never good for any company whether it may be completely true or totally false. In the end it would be more damaging if I didn't say anything.

This is really sad
    Why is it really sad?
    This is there way of doing Business, You cannot walk into a Bank any day of the week bar weekdays now can you?
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Why is it really sad?
    This is there way of doing Business, You cannot walk into a Bank any day of the week bar weekdays now can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt - HostPenguin View Post
    Whats really sad? Sad how most companies do not provide 24/7 Web Hosting Support?
    OK Sorry

My Bad

I want to let everyone know in this thread my site has been updated to amazing standards and I am being refunded the 24 hour guarantee payment.

1. We are a Christian Web Hosting provider and it appears to me your trying to hold us to a standard that were non-human. I may be wrong but I can assure you Christians do make mistakes just like any non-believer.
    Oh no I believe this my apologies I didn't mean to slate your religion I was once a devoted believer and follower myself my intentions weren't meant like that and I'm sorry it came across like that.
    2. We never requested for you to turn your forum off. This was a decision that you decided to make and we will normally create a separate theme depending if your forum is turned on or off.
    No one made me aware of this prior to the work beginning so therefor common sense told me to take my boards offline.
    3. The sales department is not open on the Sunday and which is why you didn't get a reply. I am sure you noticed that from our website and also the automated ticket replies. The integration department does not have a set schedule and tickets will be replied in the order it was received. If you submit numerous new tickets back to back then in all honesty it does not help the situation.
    I was aware of this but one minute Robert was online answering my tickets the next he wasn't and he did say if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to place them here (in this ticket) which 1 reply saying he was delayed after the 8 hours he promised would have prevented all this and the several tickets.

I mean isn't it standard if I told a customer in 8 hours MAX your site will be done and 8 hours pass and it isn't the least I can do to put a customers mind at rest is re-assure them I am working on it and there will be a further delay.

4. In the 6 orders you have submitted since November 7th. The one you actually purchased was $50.00 and not the $55.00 you claim.
    Small mistake I forgot to purchase the backup which I'm not sure why I was meant to it's because I had to place several orders before one got accepted as the anti fraud system you use would not let me use a free .gmail.com account but instead I had to use a paid email address.
    5. Were far from being a con! If we were a con I can assure you we wouldn't have been doing this service for close to 2.5 years now and in all honesty maybe 2-3 bad reviews of our integration services.
    I think everyone can see your not a con now but I think everyone will also agree one reply wouldn't go a miss regardless of whether your open or not a member of staff HAD replied that day and after the 8 hours passed by it should have been standard customer service to inform me of the delay as it wasn't done in the time frame HE PROMISED personally. I think anyone would have been worried it was a scam especially since I had never used your services before and didn't have anything to go off.

6. Our customer service department has been more then helpful to you during business and non-business hours. You have typically received a response from our sales department within a couple of hours.
    Hmmm I wont comment here I think you can tell from above this isn't the case!

If you wish to discuss any other concerns you may have, please feel free to contact me by private message or by email mattg at hostpenguin dot net . I will be more than glad to clear up any concerns you may have.
    That wont be appropriate the site is pretty much done is looking beautiful and all issues have been resolved I am a happy customer once again though I am not sure I will use HostPenguin again until some customer service issues are resolved.

Oh no I believe this my apologies I didn't mean to slate your religion I was once a devoted believer and follower myself my intentions weren't meant like that and I'm sorry it came across like that.
    Thanks you and whenever religion is in question its always a tuff topic especially when its being mentioned in a complaint.

No one made me aware of this prior to the work beginning so therefor common sense told me to take my boards offline.
    Yes, I can see how you may of thought that and at the same token:

1. We don't know if you specifically taken the boards down specifically for us.

2. This is something that could of asked in live sales chat, your original sales ticket, or during the website integration ticket.

I'm not trying to blame you on this subject but at the same time you shouldn't blame us for not knowing all our procedures. We will 90% of the time provide our clients with an offsite method to view their integration depending on the type of integration. Since vBulletin allows for themes to be done with out taking the board offline we will just use the clients actual board while integrating that won't interrupt the forum users.

I was aware of this but one minute Robert was online answering my tickets the next he wasn't and he did say if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to place them here (in this ticket) which 1 reply saying he was delayed after the 8 hours he promised would have prevented all this and the several tickets.
    I currently don't have your other tickets up but I think that they did go unanswered. I see that Robert has replied twice to your original integration ticket requested and the first reply was made about an hour after receiving it. I also agree that if someone does tell you it will be completed by no later than 8 hours than it should be completed. The last thing we want to have is a unhappy client and we do try out best to make sure time frames our met.

I think everyone can see your not a con now but I think everyone will also agree one reply wouldn't go a miss regardless of whether your open or not a member of staff HAD replied that day and after the 8 hours passed by it should have been standard customer service to inform me of the delay as it wasn't done in the time frame HE PROMISED personally. I think anyone would have been worried it was a scam especially since I had never used your services before and didn't have anything to go off.
    I agree 100% that communication could of been better from our part. If you thought we were a scam or a possible company who may be a scam you should do the following...

1. Do research before signing up to use their services. If something does not seem right from the research you have seen then avoid at all cost.
    2. Since you used WHT to post your review. I am sure that you were able to find out that HostPenguin is active on WHT and you could of simply have brought this issue to me if you had concerns. I will be more than happy to answer them just like i'm doing now. I highly doubt that after 3000+ post i'm just going to be a scammer. I personally hate it when people get scammed and will typically voice sorrow for the individual in other threads.

That wont be appropriate the site is pretty much done is looking beautiful and all issues have been resolved I am a happy customer once again though I am not sure I will use HostPenguin again until some customer service issues are resolved.
    Best of luck in the future with your next integrator.

I am a happy customer once again.
    Amen buddy

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.