Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giga-International.com misbehaviour

For a few months I've had a dedicated server with giga-international in Germany. With my account I have a cPanel licence. I pay everything on a monthly bases, last payment was on Sep 21 for the period Sep 21 till Nov 21. some days ago they sent me a reminder telling me I need to pay again before Nov 21 otherwise they will suspend their services on Nov 21. Totally logically. This message also clearly says that everything has been paid for until Nov 21.

However on Nov 11 they already suspend cPanel in all my subaccounts, when logging in I get to see an error message: "cannot read license" file. So I mail them and I receive this answer:

"You have received the below message, because the payment of your cPanel license became due. The cPanel has temporarily been put on hold, because you didn't pay for it until yesterday for the upcoming month. Unfortunately, this is very a complicated license model and the license will expire once the fees are not
    paid some days prior to the license due date. The license will be renewed, if we receive the money for the license. Please
    make sure to send future payments about 10 days before your due date. Thank you."

I reply:
    "Everything has been paid for till 21 November. It's 14 November today and you now say you suspended cPanel because it had to be paid for on 11 November already. Please direct me to your terms of service covering this.

If this isn't sorted out tomorrow I will start writing about it in the forums. And I can congratulate you with losing a customer with your dumb talk, I will stay with you one more month and then I will be gone to another REAL service provider.

For your information; I also have an account with hostgator in the USA which also provides with cPanel without contract and service on a monthly bases and I never had this kind of ******** with them. So you can say that it is your system but then your system sucks.

The only advantage you give me is faster server connection but your service and the ******** and crap you come with doesn't make it worth it. It won't be that difficult to find a provider that has better service than you and also provides with fast connection.

AND:

In addition to previous mail, this is what you sent me some days ago, and it clearly says "cPanel: paid for until 21st of November", so what is your f*ck*ng problem?

Their answer:

"Thank you very much for your reply. We apologize if you should have probably misunderstood our emails. Of course your payment covers the cPanel license until the 21st of November and please
    feel free to use it upon your discretion until that date. If you have any questions or need help, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Alexander Kuchta"

-----------------

Of course I didn't misunderstood their emails. They just invented this trick to force people to extend their account with them, and then when somebody doesn't accept that, first they try to play with words, and then when you say you will go public on this they suddenly say that you misunderstood their words. Well the situation is very clear because for now all my cPanels are still disabled. I paid them for the cPanel license till Nov 21 but since Nov 11 I can't use cPanel anymore, just because Giga-international prefers to play silly games rather than building up a good reputation by acting reliable and not bothering their customers with insanity.

If Giga is reading this: please activate my cPanel so that I can collect my database and traffic log data, then on Nov 21 I'll be gone and you can continue pestering your other customers, ok?

Till Nov 11 I was very happy with your service by the way. Good server, fast connection. I was planning on staying with you for many years. But with the crap you gave me last night, you pestered me away, for good. I think you're disgusting.

Just now they have enabled my cPanels again.

hahaha ,

Giga-International its really very bad company , if you just make search here in WHT you will find tuns of bad review ,

RieniO if you need cpanel for just 10days mean just activate trail license from cpanel

dont expect them it may cause delay
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

It's seriously bad & ridiculous provider

I went to Giga-International after a friend referred me to them, their specs looked ok to me. I didn't know about this forum, it was in fact Giga who directed me to this forum, asking me to write a good review about them. I guess they regret that now :-)
    Everybody running a net biz should just understand that if you misbehave and f*ck with your customers, it will soon be all over the internet. This is one of the good things of the web. I was really about to set-up a "about giga etc .com" domain to name and shame them on there. Honestly, they completely ruined my Saturday evening. I have a programmer working on my site and he couldn't do a thing anymore last night and I already started to prepare moving files to another server. So instead of watching a good movie with a bag of chips and a few bottles of beers I was sitting at my computer, cleaning up Giga's garbage. And I will not easily forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by yajur View Post
    RieniO if you need cpanel for just 10days mean just activate trail license from cpanel

dont expect them it may cause delay
    Nah, naming and shaming them on here was much more efficient. I don't have time for looking into silly trial licences for things I already paid for and should not be deactivated in the first place. There is always a work-around for everything, maybe it's even possible to get into my databases without cPanel (I don't know), but if I paid them and everything is working ok I shouldn't have to worry about things like that, should I? There was no technical failure, someone at Giga just disabled cPanel on purpose, as part of a strategy to force clients to stay with them longer. Imagine you're planning stopping using Giga and you're setting up another server elsewhere, then one week before your period with Giga ends, they turn off your cPanel so you don't have access to your databases and other data anymore, so you're forced to pay for another month. That's what this is all about, and nothing else. So despite of what you claim, they are to blame for everything. They should have kept their stickey fingers of my server in the first place. It was working fine, it was paid for. Then when they get caught f*cking their customer, they should not come with these stupid lies because that only makes things worse.

Anyway... you like them? You can have my Giga server in a few days from now :-)

agree with you RieniO.
    I'm one of unsatisfied customer of Giga too.
    The just baiting users with cheap price & charge around when you subscribe.

Honestly, I find their smallprint about the 100 to 10mbps switchback clear enough and acceptable, for me it didn't apply because I would never get above 10mbps anyway, and so far I was also happy with their support, but after what they did this week I lost trust in them completely and my server was slower the last few weeks and I wouldn't be suprised if they squeeze server connections manually on purpose as well. They don't have any respect for their customers, that's proven by now. Is there a method to check at what speed a server is connected to the web?

I know the smallprint but it's hardly for subscriber to see it.
    They're probally cheating customers.

Your welcome to check here....

http://http.cdnlayer.com/finalbarrage/100mb.bin

Dear WHTers,

I am so sad to hear that from you. And i don't know why it happened for you. I have been working with Giga-International and I am happy of their support and their servers. Maybe you had to talk with them more, and maybe they have already done it for you, and you did not understand them.

Anyway i can tell you Giga-International is better than another dc in Germany and in Europe. Everyone can make mistake and it is possible that he a support of a data center is. You have to know that you can't rent a cPanel license for a half month or ... You have to pay it for a month. It means you cant pay it from 15. to 15. next month, you must pay it from 15. to 30. and than it must be a now license for a new month. Maybe it was a misunderstood from you or from dc, but now it is okay.

Giga-International is good for everyone. I am so happy for their servers.

Best regards

The deal on bandwidth isn't bad. It just irks me they're not upfront about it. My interpretation of their advertising is this:

You can use ALL the bandwidth available
    We will throttle your connection to 10% if you use ALL the bandwidth available
    There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Talence View Post
    The deal on bandwidth isn't bad. It just irks me they're not upfront about it. My interpretation of their advertising is this:

You can use ALL the bandwidth available
    We will throttle your connection to 10% if you use ALL the bandwidth available
    It's good that they don't just suspend your account... I'm sure you can purchase more anyways...

It's still deceptive advertising.

Besides, the bandwidth is throttled to less than 50% of what they know you'll need at a minimum (20mbps).

Quote Originally Posted by Talence View Post
    It's still deceptive advertising.

Besides, the bandwidth is throttled to less than 50% of what they know you'll need at a minimum (20mbps).
    It is not a deceptive advertising, you can usually use the max bandwidth and the max port speed, but if you don't use it as fair, than you'll have 20mbps.

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerFirma View Post
    It is not a deceptive advertising, you can usually use the max bandwidth and the max port speed, but if you don't use it as fair, than you'll have 20mbps.

Best regards.
    kinda off topic .. it is deceptive advertising..
    You get a traffic allocation and you should be allowed to use that allocation at the advertised port speed.
    Serverminds - Servers built with you in mind
    Servers - Colocation - Cast Control Streaming in 8 global datacenters

They state explicitly on their order form that they don't apply "fair use euphemisms" or limit connections. So what do you call it when they do apply fair use and do throttle connections? I call it deceptive advertising.

And you don't have to take my word for it (even though it's so obvious, we shouldn't even be having this discussion). To quote from a relevant section from the wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

Some have actually stated "unlimited" use when that is blatantly false. Some use bandwidth throttling to effectively choke the user's connection, while some will cut users off entirely either temporarily or even permanently.
    Now there's nothing wrong with applying fair use, just don't dismiss the competition for doing it when you do it as well. Otherwise it's intentionally misleading and unethical.

For further proof of deceptive advertising, look at this link:

http://www.giga-international.com/de...reite.php?id=4

The cost for a *real* 10mbps link is 153.05 EUR / month, with a 299.99 EUR setup fee and a contract period of 1 year. Not very competitive, eh? Only on these lousy terms can you be sure they won't throttle your connection.

Interestingly the fine print on this page refers to the other connection as a "100mbit/s shared port". So it looks like the claim that you can actually use the full 100mbps all the time for burst traffic is false as well.

* Giga-International's statement

Dear RieniO,

Starting this thread in WHT is some kind of unfair, especially when there is no particular reason for this.

Both, the server and your websites have never been offline during that very short period, only cPanel was not accessible for a few hours. Everything worked seamlessly, only accessing cPanel was prohibited and you couldn't eventually setup additional e-mail boxes, databases, etc.

Remember: Your cPanel license has been disabled *by mistake* on the 13th of November (not on the 11th as you claimed in your first posting, so don't mix up any facts!). The license had been re-activated within very short time after we received your notification on the 14th. We have apologized for this several times already - although you used some really harsh and brazen wording in your e-mails.

Why didn't you post the entire correspondence? Since you already quoted from our e-mails, I will post some quotes from your mails as well:

>> Do you, as a German, understand the meaning of the word COMPETITION ?

>> So again, whatever you do, I will start writing
    >> about this in the webmaster forums tomorrow, and
    >> then you can get revengal and suspend my server
    >> completely, then I'll swith to my back-up server
    >> and will write about the suspension in the forums
    >> as well. So you are really creating fantastic
    >> advertising for yourself now. Really clever!

Do you have a problem with us being from Germany? We personally do not care about any nationalities (it's the other way around: in fact we are really proud to have customers from all over the world) but if you have a problem with this, why did you pick Giga-International from Germany and not some local Dutch provider? The second paragraph is pure blackmailing. What do you expect when writing such childish text? This is far from acting professional and sounds more like a little child whose favourite (and probably only) toy got taken away.

Just two minutes later you sent another, even more upset e-mail:

>> SO WHAT IS NOW YOUR F*CKING PROBLEM? I will
    >> definitely start writing about this in the forums
    >> tomorrow and maybe I will even set-up an about
    >> giga-international website as well. You're just
    >> ****ing people instead of running a legitimate
    >> hosting service. Why you come with this crap?
    >> Trying to force people to keep an account with
    >> you? Well in my case it didn't help you because I'll be gone soon!

Then you wrote this (keep in mind that the license had been re-activated at this point of time already!):

>> Dear Mr Kuchta,
    >>
    >> Go f*ck yourself. I am already moving everything
    >> to another server and I will definitely write
    >> about this and publish our correspondence on my
    >> website so that the public will know what you are really about.
    >>
    >> Thanks for f*cking up my Saturday evening, having
    >> to clean up your crap instead of doing something
    >> else. But you're gonna have this on your plate, you can trust on that.
    >>
    >> Best regards,

Impressive, especially if you take into account that this happened on a (ruined) Saturday evening and all websites were online... I really can't get it.

Then you started this thread. I don't know what you are planning to achieve with this, most probably you could not catch some sleep during that night (remember, we ruined your Saturday evening!) and got even more frustrated. Approximately twelve hours earlier your license was re-activated, you could have easily verified that at cPanel's website...

>> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=904887
    >>
    >> My Sunday present for you.
    >>
    >> I will now register a special domain for this and publish the same
    >> story on there as well.

Later that day you sent this:

>> If you would not have disabled cPanel in the
    >> first place I would not have to take any action
    >> to re-activate anything in the first place either.
    >> If everything is paid for why do you even have to
    >> touch/change/disable things in my account?

The license was disabled by default, we have apologized for this already several times.

>> Anyway I haven't done anything and in one account
    >> cPanel is working again, I assume it's the same
    >> in the other accounts and that's all I was asking for.

Have you ever heard about your web browsers' cache?

>> I don't have time to look for another provider
    >> now and I will transfer payment for another two
    >> months by bank tomorrow and then I will hope you
    >> will not come with any more of this kind of
    >> sillyness. I will report in that forum that you enabled my cPanel again.
    >>
    >> Honestly, I think you're a good hosting provider
    >> with good service, but what you did with the cPanel was really stupid.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

This makes me wonder. Now that you have noticed how childish and blindfold your posting was, you suddenly realize that we are still your provider of choice?

What disappoints me most, are people who take their chance, jump on the bandwagon and push their outshining services to the fore instead of trying to help and solve the problem.

There was no disturbance of the services provided by your server: the websites were online, the databases were running, e-mail could be received and sent and you even had full root access to your server. The cPanel services were up and running as well. The *only* "problem" was, that you could not access the cPanel front end - for a couple of hours only.

To bring this to an end, I highly encourage you to think *before* starting a thread like this. This not only goes for Giga-International, but for any other webhosting provider aswell: If you are unsatisfied, contact us (also by phone) and if you think that you are not treated fairly, ask for a supervisor. This will solve 99.9 percent of any problem within shortest time.

Kind regards,

Robert

Giga-International
    GIGA-INTERNATIONAL
    VPS, Dedicated Servers and Server Housing in Germany.
    Please contact us for more information.

Holy Cow. If those emails are true from the customer I would not accept any future payments and remove him and his server off the network immediately after the billing cycle was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Testtube302 View Post
    Holy Cow. If those emails are true from the customer I would not accept any future payments and remove him and his server off the network immediately after the billing cycle was over.
    Hello dear,

You are right, i am working with this guys, they are very very patient to speak to the customers, even if you say something "..." they always answer you with the good words.

A lesson almost every one of us has learned at some point: don't send emails while angry.

Quote Originally Posted by giga-international View Post
    Dear RieniO,
    Remember: Your cPanel license has been disabled *by mistake* on the 13th of November (not on the 11th as you claimed in your first posting, so don't mix up any facts!). The license had been re-activated within very short time after we received your notification on the 14th.
    You are lying. cPanel was not disabled by mistake, on the contrary. You wrote to me in e-mail: "The cPanel has temporarily been put on hold, because you didn't pay for it until yesterday for the upcoming month." When I answered to you in very nice words: "The license has been paid for till Nov 21 and today is Nov 14. So please activate that cPanel again. I can't find anything about a 10 day period in your terms of service.", you answered: "This has to be paid some days prior to the renewal, else it would expire immediately and this is what happened to your license. The system unfortunately works in these intervalls
    and there is no way around that. We kindly ask you to remit the payment for the cPanel right away, so that a reactivation can be executed. If PayPal is not an option, please be informed that Moneybookers or bank transfer is welcome as well. Here are the details:"

What you were basically saying here is: you paid for cPanel till Nov 21, and if you want us to activate it again, you will have to pay for cPanel now directly again, on Nov 14. That is what you wrote, nothing else. Then when I told you that I couldn't do a PayPal transfer immediately and that I would go public on this and start writing about it in the forums, you suddenly completely changed your mind and claimed that I had misunderstood your words. I quote:

"Thank you very much for your reply. We apologize if you should have probably misunderstood our emails. Of course your payment covers the cPanel license until the 21st of November and please
    feel free to use it upon your discretion until that date. If you have any questions or need help, please don't hesitate to contact us."

As for my rude language, it's totally irrelevant. Because it was first you pulling my leg, after that I got angry and started to use language like f*ck etc. I didn't call you any names. What do you expect? That you put me with my back against my wall, that you are blackmailing me (pay or we will not enable your services) and that I remain Mr Nice Guy to you? Sorry but then you really misjudged me; I am not Mr Nice Guy.

The reason I started to use rude language is because you were screwing up my Saturday evening. I have a programmer in India working on my site, I was instructing and directing him, only to find out that cPanel was disabled and at first you REFUSED to enable it. You were telling me to transfer money to you first before you would enable it and I was telling you that I wouldn't pay for something that had already been paid for till 21 Nov and I started to move files over to my other server. In the meantime the guy in India was waiting and I pay him by the hour.

Also, you are now making the very big mistake of publishing your customer's correspondence in a public forum. Under European law that is illegal. I can't find a privacy statement on your website, most providers have them, you do not. Which is just another thing about you that doesn't surprise me.

And if you feel unhappy about this situation, you have to blame yourself. Where do you find the guts to demand payment from a customer for something he already paid for? It's Italian maffia practice, nothing else. I sell you a car for 5000 euro, you pay me, then after 3 months I take the car away from you and say to you: if you want to have the car, you have to pay me another 1000 euro. Insane!!!!!!!!

And you know it's insane, otherwise you would not have sent me this e-mail, I repeat:

feel free to use it upon your discretion until that date. If you have any questions or need help, please don't hesitate to contact us."

By the way: apologies not accepted. I don't want any apologies from you, I want you to provide me with the services I paid for. Also, how are you going to cover for the 4 days that I wasn't able to control my sites due to the lack of cPanel?

And think before you disable my dedicated server with you, that has been paid for till Nov 21. As soon as you take that server down, I'll register a www.about-giga-in****.com website and I'll name and shame on you there.

I have nothing against Germans by the way. I believe that you'll find the same kind of people wherever you go. I do have a lot against con artists and liars though.

Maybe you had to talk with them more, and maybe they have already done it for you, and you did not understand them.
    I spoke to them and their answer was that they would only enable cPanel after I would pay them. There was no room for misunderstanding here. Simple; you pay now, after that we enable cPanel again for you.

Everyone can make mistake and it is possible that he a support of a data center is. You have to know that you can't rent a cPanel license for a half month or ... You have to pay it for a month. It means you cant pay it from 15. to 15. next month, you must pay it from 15. to 30. and than it must be a now license for a new month. Maybe it was a misunderstood from you or from dc, but now it is okay.
    There was no mistake. First they were completely sure that they had to disable cPanel on the 11th because it had "only" been paid for till Nov 21, after that they said I had misunderstood their mails and that I could continue cPanel till Nov 21 without having to do an additional payment. So you explain to me why they first disabled cPanel on Nov 11 and asked me for payment before they would enable again? Here's the answer: because they were trying to squeeze some extra money out of me. And when I made clear I wasn't tolerating that and that I would go public on this they quickly changed their mind and said I had misunderstood them. But I didn't misunderstood them, their first two mails are in English of a level good enough for anybody with a brain and basic knowledge of the English language to understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast