hosting with a lot of additional IPs

Hi there,

I am looking for shared web hosting with possiblity buy a lot of additional IPs for a low price (up to 2$ a month)

I found grandbytes.com. I read their hosting feauteres and I understand it great for me only for 10.95 a month and 1.5 for each additional IP. But later, I decide to get any information about this hosting provider. I was impressed, when I find only few reviews of this hosting and there are 2-3 positive, and 1 negative. Now, I'm distrust to order hosting at grandbytes.

If anyone here knows any information about grandbytes or can advise me any other variants in my case, please post it here.

Thanks

Most shared hosting providers will cap the number of ip's that they're willing to give to you. How many do you need? Can you justify them?

You may find yourself getting pushed into a VPS or dedi on the IP front alone. On the plus side, though, there are quite a few VPS/Dedi providers who charge nothing for additional justified IP's.
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

Quote Originally Posted by e-Sensibility View Post
    Most shared hosting providers will cap the number of ip's that they're willing to give to you. How many do you need? Can you justify them?

You may find yourself getting pushed into a VPS or dedi on the IP front alone. On the plus side, though, there are quite a few VPS/Dedi providers who charge nothing for additional justified IP's.
    VPS or dedicated is expensive and not gainful in my case now.
    I need a 2-3 sites on one IP. Number of sites is constantly growing and today it can be 10 sites, after 1 month - 20, etc
    For justify I think enough to say it will be faster 2-3 sites per IP, then all sites at same IP

Quote Originally Posted by ardentlyo View Post
    For justify I think enough to say it will be faster 2-3 sites per IP, then all sites at same IP
    No provider will give you extra ip's with that as your justification. That's not even correct . . . extra ip's does not mean more speed.

The only reason a shared-provider will probably accept as justification for ip's is SSL.
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

That's not the case at all. It won't stand as a justification, and if that's really why you're thinking about using dedicated IPs, don't. You'd just be wasting your money.

If you're doing this for SEO purposes, don't kid yourself that you'll be fooling a search engine that takes interlinking IPs into account. The IP's you'll get will be in the same range, share similar owner information etc., and it will be easy to spot even for an algorithm that you're trying to game the system. That's why there's so much talk about different class IPs, but even then the unnatural interlinking pattern will stand out, and as your network for sites grows, so does the visibility of what you're doing.

The only reason a shared-provider will probably accept as justification for ip's is SSL.
    Anonymous FTP can be another.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 11-14-2009 at 08:54 PM.

For shared hosting, pretty much the only justification is for an SSL certificate. There are others, but they are rare on shared hosting. We have to turn down most dedicated IP requests because "they just want one" and they don't have a true, justifiable reason for one. Some treat IPs as a novelty or a status symbol.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by powerMonster-Scott View Post
    Some treat IPs as a novelty or a status symbol.
    Haha -- you know you're a geek when you treat IPs as status symbols

That's definitely not me. LOL But I have many clients who want one just to want one and think that I'm being mean when I say no because they don't have the proper justification. Especially on one of our servers where they ask a billion questions to get one extra IP. I feel like I'm interviewing for the FBI when I need a new IP on that server.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Absolutely not, where did you get that idea?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

HostRocket offers additional IP's for 2$. That's mainly because their main hosting package is also a reseller package. Additional IP's are more common with reseller packages so you may look for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Absolutely not, where did you get that idea?
    It's like I mistaken. I don't remember where I get that idea. But I was definitely sure it's faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rose View Post
    HostRocket offers additional IP's for 2$. That's mainly because their main hosting package is also a reseller package. Additional IP's are more common with reseller packages so you may look for them too.
    Thanks Jessica for your answer. I'll look for hostRocket
    Last edited by ardentlyo; 11-15-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    If you're doing this for SEO purposes, don't kid yourself that you'll be fooling a search engine that takes interlinking IPs into account. The IP's you'll get will be in the same range, share similar owner information etc., and it will be easy to spot even for an algorithm that you're trying to game the system. That's why there's so much talk about different class IPs, but even then the unnatural interlinking pattern will stand out, and as your network for sites grows, so does the visibility of what you're doing.
    I'll doing this really for SEO purposes. I mean I need IPs from different ranges. I guess in most hosting providers I'll can to select IP range.

If there are similar owner information etc., there are only one way to solve problem - it's VPS or devicated server?

I'll doing this really for SEO purposes. I mean I need IPs from different ranges. I guess in most hosting providers I'll can to select IP range.
    seohosting.com is the only one I can think of.

If there are similar owner information etc., there are only one way to solve problem - it's VPS or devicated server?
    You're going to have a hard time no matter where you go - really the only good way to do it is to have multiple plans from multiple providers.

Realistically what you are trying to do is going to be a huge waste of money but more power to you
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/