Thumbs up 1 month review of xtrahost.co.uk

Hi everyone,

More than month ago I have signed up for their VPS service, at first point I have been disappointed with support I had (nothing technical), but later on I changed my mind as they delivered the right support level.

Overall impressions:
    Network 10/10 - as they host in Interxion’s London Datacentre much more professional DC compare to BlueSquare DC, as speed and performance of the network is faster.
    Support 9/10 - as part of first few days, I haven't used support at all
    Performance 10/10 - server is awesome, haven't seen so fast loading of the websites or WHS (simply instant load of WHM compare to cheapvps or gbservers) & haven't seen the server VPS node load more than 0.24

Only one negative point is no client account or support tickets panel, as I like to see the history of account and tickets, but nothing is stop to use them!

I highly recommend to use their service!

I hope this review helps to someone who is looking very reliable VPS service in UK.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Which plan exactly did you sign up for?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnly92 View Post
    Which plan exactly did you sign up for?
    XenVM-1.5GB
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Hi Alex,

You can't really compare the loading times, as they are not like for like packages. It's fairly obvious that a more powerful spec VPS package will have better loading times with cPanel/WHM and all your hosting accounts.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Interesting how they do not have a client area, I would assume something like that would be mandatory from a customer service standpoint. Otherwise it's great to hear their service is solid!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    Interesting how they do not have a client area, I would assume something like that would be mandatory from a customer service standpoint. Otherwise it's great to hear their service is solid!
    They accept the PayPal subscription and they do the invoices manually, as for support via email, phone & live online chat.

You can't really compare the loading times, as they are not like for like packages. It's fairly obvious that a more powerful spec VPS package will have better loading times with cPanel/WHM and all your hosting accounts.
    I haven't seen the HP servers with 2 x Quad Core 2.5Ghz Intel Xen E5420 Processors - 8 cores in total at GBServers or CheapVPS as both using servers up to 4 core and the speed of network at BlueSquare DC is not fast as at Interxion's London DC. The access of the server I have check the using various world connections via services like host-tracker.com.
    Last edited by web-project; 11-16-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Also have a VPS with them, Disk access is terrific - I think that's down to the extra money they put into the hardware raid card they have if I recall correctly what Andrew told me. The hardware they use is top notch! support is excellent :0)

We use their 512mb package, You can tell the difference in their nodes to any of the nodes mentioned by Alex :0) I've used all of them he mentioned! :0)

Thanks for the positive feedback folks.

We use HP SAS disks in conjunction with an Adaptec 5805 raid card which has its own 512MB on-card memory and 1.2Ghz dual core CPU.

We run a cerberus helpdesk internally for ticket tracking but we have plans in due course to move to something else which will allow clients access to ticket history.
    Andrew Ogilvie | Xtraordinary Hosting | AS30827 | Member of LINX
    Dedicated Servers in Central London | Xen VPS Linux & Windows | Complex Hosting | London BGP4 Bandwidth

Thanks for sharing your experience with them. Very glad to know that they have been working great for you. Keep us updated again in future.

It's nice to see a positive review on these forums. Thank you for sharing your experience with them, do keep us updated with any new information, good is preferable, but any information you share is always good to know!
    Windows / Linux VPS
    Xen Virtualization
    RockVPS.com