Looking for VPS: Green Hosting suggestions

My main site is related/shop to horticulture.

I am currently on a VPS, but im flirting with the idea of switching provider to go with a provider that is certfied green. Using alternative energy and reducing the environment footprint.

Ultimatly, this provider would also provide a crest/badge/certification that I can expose on my site.

Do you have any suggestion ? A dedicated server might also be an option, but dont need all that power, and thus want also to reduce my footprint.

So far I have found shared and reseller hosting only.

There are a few data centres out there claiming to be more "green" but never seen any actual certification other than what they give them selves.
    Using a VPS over a dedicated server your instantly been more "green" due to the massive amount of power your not going to be using 24/7.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

I know SolarVPS has their "Solar Green" initiative and are taking great steps to truly be a green operation.

A VPS in and of itself could be considered green due to the nature of removing a lower end machine from use and conserving power/resources. Most modern hardware which is used in your average VPS hardware node will consume equal or less power than a lot of the older less powerful systems.

Red Rocks Datacenter is the closest provider I can think of. According to their site they won some type of colorado EPA award; maybe you should check them out.

http://www.redrocksdatacenter.com/
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

This whole green thing Al Gore has scared so many into cracks me up. The greenest solution is not to have any servers, sell all your possessions and live like its the 1600's. Note: The faster you put out your campfire after cooking your food, the more green you will be. Hope you stay warm in the winter

vpsville.ca has one and is green i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshZZ View Post
    This whole green thing Al Gore has scared so many into cracks me up. The greenest solution is not to have any servers, sell all your possessions and live like its the 1600's. Note: The faster you put out your campfire after cooking your food, the more green you will be. Hope you stay warm in the winter
    Every bit count, as far as reducing energy comsumption and going back hammish style, there is a difference.

Thanks to all for their suggestions, so far.

Vpsville is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshZZ View Post
    Which no one is recommending or even suggesting but going to extremes seems to be the only weapon people who lack logic and common sense like to use.

Quote Originally Posted by e-Sensibility View Post
    Red Rocks Datacenter is the closest provider I can think of. According to their site they won some type of colorado EPA award; maybe you should check them out.

http://www.redrocksdatacenter.com/
    Yes we did win an award for our on going efforts in going green, although not an EPA award, we were a Colorado Bronze Achiever for the environmental leadership program in Colorado. If anyone is interested on our green initiatives, we would be more than happy to post what we are doing. The information is available on our website as well but I can go into more detail if needed =D
    Peaktera - Infrastructure as a Service
    █ Denver - VPS Virtual Private Servers | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Enterprise Services | Colocation
    Peaktera - www.Peaktera.com