Nuclearfallout (nfoservers.com) offers unmanaged dedicated-core VPS/VDS configurations that are specifically designed for the most demanding applications, including game servers. All are Xen-based, using stub domains and GPLPV drivers (on Windows 2003) to minimize latencies and maximize raw performance. Our configurations include:
Single core: Perfect for a single large game server or large website.
* One full, dedicated HT CPU core (Core i7 or better)
* 1024 MB of RAM
* 100 GB of hard drive space
* 500 GB of pure InterNAP bandwidth transfer
* One IP address
Current price: 39.99 USD; 35.99 with 3-month chunk rental
Two core: Perfect for two game servers or several large sites.
* Two full, dedicated HT CPU cores (Core i7 or better)
* 2048 MB of RAM
* 200 GB of hard drive space
* 1000 GB of pure InterNAP bandwidth transfer
* Two IP addresses
Current price: 74.99 USD; 67.49 with 3-month chunk rental
(Note that "HT core" refers to an Intel hyperthread/logical CPU.)
Our other features:
* Gigabit uplink port (Chicago and Dallas only)
* A 2-day free trial period for all new renters
* No setup fees
* Chicago, Dallas, and NYC immediate availability, with instant automatic setup
* Autoinstalls for CentOS 5.4, Gentoo Linux, Windows 2003, and Windows 2008 (at no extra charge)
* A control panel with that easily allows the VM to be turned off or on, the OS to be reinstalled, virtual DVDs to be inserted, bandwidth usage to be monitored, and various Xen options to be set
Having guaranteed memory and CPU resources is critical to low-latency hosting, and especially critical for game servers. With a dedicated HT core, your VPS server doesn't have to switch off with other customers; it can run constantly. Couple this with pure InterNAP bandwidth and you have a true performer.
Nuclearfallout Enterprises, Inc. is one of the largest game server providers in North America and has been renting out premium game servers since 2002. NFO has a strong focus on both performance and service.
NFO offers game servers, dedicated servers, Ventrilo and Murmur/Mumble servers, virtual dedicated servers, and webhosting, and has a reseller package available for game servers.