Lxadmin aka Kloxo Domain BIND Vps Problem

Hi all,

I am having a problem with lxadmin aka kloxo and when i go to either of my 3 domains bchosting.info,bccms.info and bcdesigns.info i get a page cant be found error

This is what my dns template has in it

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1...nstemplate.png

You can see it from that url

now for ip address pool i only have 1 ip address and that is 67.215.230.126

but i do have another ip i can use aswell and that is 66.212.18.84

in my godaddy account name server 1 ip address is 66.212.18.84
    and name server 2 ip address is 67.215.230.126

Should these be the other way around what i am missing here?

Can anyone help me fix this problem please,

Thanks,William

My advice would be to get cpanel or a fully managed vps. Kloxo is junk IMHO.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    My advice would be to get cpanel or a fully managed vps. Kloxo is junk IMHO.
    I agree or atleast try webmin or virtualmin, both free.

Just in case its www.virtualmin.com

i have tried to setup webmin but webmin is difficult nor anyone i knew could help me setup apache config as i was having problems with it as for vps im wanting to keep it to a budget of $45 a yr anyway can anyone help me fix this issue with lxadmin aka kloxo other than using anyother control panel?

Thnks

Quote Originally Posted by serversolutions View Post
    i have tried to setup webmin but webmin is difficult nor anyone i knew could help me setup apache config as i was having problems with it as for vps im wanting to keep it to a budget of $45 a yr anyway can anyone help me fix this issue with lxadmin aka kloxo other than using anyother control panel?

Thnks
    I don't know that you'll get any help - Kloxo is a joke ... If you can't figure it out via webmin and Kloxo isn't working for you then you're going to have to up your budget ... heck you can't even get many shared plans for $45/year.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

6. change in your switch programs from bind to djbdns then add your domains then switch back to bind and it should be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by socheaphost View Post
    change in your switch programs from bind to djbdns then add your domains then switch back to bind and it should be fixed
    Thats a very poor method of troubleshooting

I suggest that instead you see if BIND is actually running and there are no issues in the configuration.

You can restart it and see if it says [OK] or if you recieve errors:

# service named restart

Kloxo has a habbit of making files immutable as well, then it fails to modify them.

Really though, you should be using something else which is maintained such as Webmin, ISPConfig or something paid. It might even be worth hiring someone just to setup a system for you initially if you are unsure.

I would recommend you to host your DNS using a free DNS provider. It's very easy to setup and DNS turnaround setup usually takes place with in 1 hour.

If you are having problems using BIND on Kloxo, you will probably experience problems with any installed DNS software. DNS can be complicated for those of us that aren't tech minded.

9. i had the same problem after doing what i said the problem seems to be fixed.

That's a VERY common mistake to think that a control panel goal is for someone to NOT learn about the internal of a server. A control panel is to add AUTOMATION to a server, it's not at all a replacement for your knowledge.

Webmin doesn't do much more than what you could do with the shell, and is nothing more than a config file editor. So it's really not of much help, IMHO (unless you use virtualmin, which is then another story).

Now, if you are saying that you can't use webmin, that also means that you don't understand the internals of your server, which means (but PLEASE, don't take it badly, it's just an advice) that you DO need to learn more.

Just my 2 cents of advice.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

@OP: directadmin license for vps is quite cheap, may be you should look into it.
    HalfDedi.com Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter