Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

adult tube site hosting

Hello Hosting providers,

Is there anyone who provides web hosting with ffmpeg, mencoder, flvtool2, yamdi and all codecs enabled ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Kiru

You would likely need a VPS or Dedicated server.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Agree with Mike on this one; these sites usually use a lot of bandwidth and diskspace; not something you want to operate on a shared hosting account.

This means you likely have to look for a fully managed VPS or Fully managed Dedicated server solution, they will install the modules you need for you. Make also sure you have backups covered well this can be a bit more tricky as with a normal site of just a few hunderd mb's as these type of sites are usually using multiple GB's or more; an amount you do not just download to your home pc for backup and certainly not restore from it

Worst of all, video tube sites use a lot of CPU usage/lots of ram.

No matter how unlimited your hosting plan is (shared in particular), it does not apply to CPU usage. This information is something most hosts neglect to clearly outline on their hosting plans. So be careful.

I have over 50 websites. And I use different hosts for different sites.

Initially, one of my adult video sites used to get 4k+ uniques a day. After having my host constantly pull the plug on this particular site for a year it's down to 1k+ uniques p/d.

I've moved this video site to a new host and at 1k+ uniques per day on their server I'm experiencing server overheating and about to get suspended by this new host.

The problem here is vps/dedicated can get quite costly (also adult video sites don't make much $$$), so for most people it's almost impossible to upgrade to those plans without breaking the bank.

The content should be legal I think if you want to host that in USA or UK or Canada

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyWeb View Post
    Initially, one of my adult video sites used to get 4k+ uniques a day. After having my host constantly pull the plug on this particular site for a year it's down to 1k+ uniques p/d.

I've moved this video site to a new host and at 1k+ uniques per day on their server I'm experiencing server overheating and about to get suspended by this new host.

The problem here is vps/dedicated can get quite costly (also adult video sites don't make much $$$), so for most people it's almost impossible to upgrade to those plans without breaking the bank.
    Monetizing a tube site should not be difficult at all. Aside from traditional ads, you can also integrate affiliate videos in with your regular content. If you are getting 1,000 uniques per day you should be able to bring in the funds necessary to get at least a decent VPS.

Dave

@db09,

I must disagree. Monetizing a tube site is actually more difficult than you may think unless you have a super niche site. The conversions just aren't there and bandwidth even at rock bottom prices can easily cost thousands per month. If you can build an ad network that seems to be the way to go. Or if you get big enough where someone is willing to pay good money for dedicated ad spots.
    AcroNOC Inc. - Premium Datacenter & Bandwidth
    Dedicated servers, colocation, support and cisco networking solutions.
    Toll Free: 1.866.357.7704 International: +1.713.936.2380

Quote Originally Posted by acronocdmitry View Post
    @db09,

I must disagree. Monetizing a tube site is actually more difficult than you may think unless you have a super niche site. The conversions just aren't there and bandwidth even at rock bottom prices can easily cost thousands per month. If you can build an ad network that seems to be the way to go. Or if you get big enough where someone is willing to pay good money for dedicated ad spots.
    I see where you are coming from, those are valid points. The reason I mentioned it was due to a buddy of mine having pretty good luck with it. I'm not sure the site but he got hooked up with a content provider who provided some full-length teasers and he ended up getting a decent conversion rate off of around 5k uniques per month. I don't think he was raking it in but while the site was active it was hosted on a nice dedicated box.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Madiou View Post
    The content should be legal I think if you want to host that in USA or UK or Canada
    It's based on user uploaded content, What can I do to make it legal?

Quote Originally Posted by djkiruban View Post
    make sure they upload content watermarked from original source.

@db09,

Yea on a small scale it could definitely be profitable. You would have to have a reasonably priced dedicated server and a solid ad integration. Typically the margins will be rather thin, but the server may pay for itself. This is all well and good until you start to grow.

As you grow on a thin margin you begin to lose money since all of your costs are not fixed. Ie. you outgrow your bandwidth package. Now you need more bandwidth. Datacenters may include say 1TB of bandwidth per month with a server. However big adult sites don't pay by the TB. Everyone big pays at 95th percentile utilization on burstable ports or they get unmetered ports. The jump from 1TB metered traffic to 10Mbit/s or 20Mbit/s at 95th percentile can be a significant cost. Providers know when you're ordering this kind of bandwidth it will be used and charge accordingly.

Then you may need a second server, that ads another significant cost. Now you're losing money every month because the site is not growing revenue fast enough to cover the raised expenses. You will be out of business unless you can pump money in from other sources.
    AcroNOC Inc. - Premium Datacenter & Bandwidth
    Dedicated servers, colocation, support and cisco networking solutions.
    Toll Free: 1.866.357.7704 International: +1.713.936.2380

Makes sense. I wasn't talking about getting huge, just bringing in enough to pay the bill.

Dave

Gotta go dedicated. I have not even officially opened my tube site yet and I use 25gb/day usually all from word of mouth advertising

Quote Originally Posted by acronocdmitry View Post
    @db09,

Yea on a small scale it could definitely be profitable. You would have to have a reasonably priced dedicated server and a solid ad integration. Typically the margins will be rather thin, but the server may pay for itself. This is all well and good until you start to grow.

As you grow on a thin margin you begin to lose money since all of your costs are not fixed. Ie. you outgrow your bandwidth package. Now you need more bandwidth. Datacenters may include say 1TB of bandwidth per month with a server. However big adult sites don't pay by the TB. Everyone big pays at 95th percentile utilization on burstable ports or they get unmetered ports. The jump from 1TB metered traffic to 10Mbit/s or 20Mbit/s at 95th percentile can be a significant cost. Providers know when you're ordering this kind of bandwidth it will be used and charge accordingly.

Then you may need a second server, that ads another significant cost. Now you're losing money every month because the site is not growing revenue fast enough to cover the raised expenses. You will be out of business unless you can pump money in from other sources.
    This sums it up really well. We've had a fair few tubes on our network and invariably the bandwidth is the thing that kills off the plan.

Its not to say it won't work, but go into it with your eyes open.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

not trying to hijack the thread, but I was wondering: does hosting needed for adult content costs more than a normal host?

how are they different ?

Quote Originally Posted by kruc3fix View Post
    not trying to hijack the thread, but I was wondering: does hosting needed for adult content costs more than a normal host?

how are they different ?
    Depends on what you are hosting (static images vs. videos) as well as how popular your site is.

If you are just getting a few visitors then a regular hosting account is fine, but once you get a degree of popularity then suddenly you need a high bandwidth high availability solution - which costs more clearly.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers

But that can happen if you have a cool blog too.

My question was: Does it matter to the hosting company if your content is for adults or not? Is their a difference in price?

But that can happen if you have a cool blog too.

My question was: Does it matter to the hosting company if your content is for adults or not? Is their a difference in price?
    It can, but invariably the adult content carries a higher bandwidth toll due to the high level of uncompressed content.

Does it matter to the host? That depends on the host but most will allow some form of adult content.

Is there a difference in price. Host dependent, but for a host prepared for adult content then yes there is a premium.

You will need to carefully moderate the content you allow to be posted on your site... Ensure the content complies with all laws, and protect against any kind of copyright infringements.

As usual, you should probably consult with a lawyer to make sure you are aware of and following all applicable laws.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    Automotive fasteners for collision shops.

Choopa servers are great for a adult site

beastserv good guy running the company, work hard to get my sites going after a move and even help to move them another server

FDCServers.net I burned out there box on adult tube site, I was running 3 good size tubes, they sold out, but you can get a box from a reseller

You can make a profit with adult tube site, I been doing it for two years now

Hello Hosting providers,

Is there anyone who provides web hosting with ffmpeg, mencoder, flvtool2, yamdi and all codecs enabled ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Kiru
    Hello,

Try: http://www.arvixe.com/

They are good I host a tube site through them
    | AuzzHosting - Coming soon!
    | 24/7 Support, Small Enough To Care, Quality Networks, Instant Setup.
    | Europe | Uk |More Locations Coming Soon

out of curiosity what are people using software wise these days??

how are they different ?
    Not always.

Depends on the hosts TOS

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyWeb View Post
    ... I have over 50 websites. And I use different hosts for different sites.
    The problem here is vps/dedicated can get quite costly (also adult video sites don't make much $$$),
    So why keep 50 sites if you can't make money?

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Benjamin View Post
    out of curiosity what are people using software wise these days??
    I use: http://www.adultvideoscript.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast