Would you use Clamav and RKhunter only?

Hello,

I would like to know if you would use CLamav and RK hunter only on a server that will host mp3s and pictures for customers to upload and download.
    My hosting provider is telling me I do not need a commercial antivirus as it is not needed on Linux and that Clamav and rkhunter together are doing a great job.

If they are right, how ofter would you scan the server and how ofter would you set up an update virus definition cron job for Clamav?

Is the Linux csf firewall good enough?

Thank you

RKhunter really does nothing on the preventative side. If it finds something you may already be fighting a losing battle. ClamAV is a good product, but you should definitely run a good firewall and brute force detection suite like csf, and mod_security as well, just test your rules carefully to make sure they don't interfere with any of the file types customers will be uploading/downloading.
    John
    Business & eCommerce Web Hosting, Site Development & Marketing eSolutions
    eSolutions.net

Thanks John,

I have set up alertsite, we managed to repair anout 20 security holes found on the site, the csf firewall has a good score of 114 and clamav is setup to run every 4 hours, I think we are now pretty good with everything :-)
    I really wanted to have another opinion about Clamav and as you said, clamav is a good product, this is what my server support is telling me.

Regards,

Ben

HI

ClamAV scanner is some what better when compared it removes virus Trojans and other shell scripts which are present in the /home
    LENOVOhost Network Solutions, designs the technology of Tomorrow
    RVSkins, Fantastico, 24/7 Support, FFMPEG, SLA Uptime, Daily Backups, End-User Support & More
    Support Desk Software | Sales, Billing & Tech End-user Support | Hosting Templates

Quote Originally Posted by bambinou View Post
    Hello,

Is the Linux csf firewall good enough?

Thank you
    No doubt about that! But I would like to second what John said.

Thanks everyone!