SharkTech - Reviews ?

I`m looking to get a server from SharkTech for their massive capacities and unmetered 100 Mbps. Any reviews ?
    I searched the forum, but nothing really popped out ( good or bad ).
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Not to say run fast away from them... But run fast away from them

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...6&postcount=32

Original thread and ST's replies here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=891764

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by PeakVPN-KH; 11-13-2009 at 05:37 AM.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915
      0 Not allowed!

And you will always have haters. Yet we are having a hard time couping with new orders we are receiving these days. If you are looking for a real review from real customers go to #sharktech on EFnet and ask our customers.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bin_asc View Post
    I`m looking to get a server from SharkTech for their massive capacities and unmetered 100 Mbps. Any reviews ?
    I searched the forum, but nothing really popped out ( good or bad ).
    Can't say that I have heard of this provider. Seeing as how a search at WHT didn't bring up many results, you might either try searching for reviews on the host at review sites. Otherwise, I'd say to look over the dedicated server offers forum and pick a few hosts that you think would be right for you.
      0 Not allowed!

You haven't heard anything about them because SharkTech was on the radar several several years ago and Tim can probably explain the problems his business ran into and why it just about disappeared all together.

If your biggest plug for your customer-base is an IRC network I would be a little skeptical.

We hosted with SharkTech many moons ago and as I recall it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Other then that I would be skeptical of any network that uses Comcast as for peering. It's possible that different sharktech packages utilize different carriers but from their traceroute if you think Comcast is an example of internet routing then Sharktechs network sounds well.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services
      0 Not allowed!

Usually the only time people post comments on providers on WHT is when they have something bad to say. Things have been going extremely well with our business. I guess thats why the decrease in threads on WHT. We have been in business for over 6 years and planning to stay in business for many more.
    In regards to the IRC comment if IRC makes you skeptical I'm sorry to hear that, the only reason I referre to that is it's a live communication method that is easy and simple to use to get what he's looking for.
      0 Not allowed!

2 years ago I had a server from them with 100Mbps unmetered, network was alright, was great for IRC aswell as they give you ALOT of IPs, support wasn't that great (got the job done though) but I'm sure its gotten better now. I'm actually considering to buy another server from them.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm with sharktech for more then 4 years and have no problems with them.
    The only problems that can arise from customers, is if they don't have enough experience to manage their server(s). Atho sharktech has managed servers, you need to know a few things yourself, ofcource.
    Their network is good and our servers have been proven reliable.
      0 Not allowed!

Sharktech utilize COMCAST and TATA in BGP. I'm not sure what you are saying about the quality of COMCAST. It's been actually a great network. I've been in the internet hosting business for over 14 years and probably used every tier1 carriar out there. They have state of the art network with functionalities that no other provider supports. I would recommend Comcast to anyone.
      0 Not allowed!

James,

Could you enlighten us on the problems with Comcast.?
    Quote Originally Posted by woods01 View Post
    Other then that I would be skeptical of any network that uses Comcast as for peering.
    James B
    WWW.EZEELOGIN.COM |Setup your Secure Linux SSH GatewayMEET PCI DSS & ISO 27001 Compliance|Manage & Administer Multiple Linux Servers Quickly & Securely.
      0 Not allowed!