Website promotion

I'm looking for suggestions for website promotion. I have a website that I've been working on for a few months, and have been doing several things to promote it, such as advertising on facebook and myspace. (college students is the targeted group for my site.) Surprisingly, there still isn't much activity. Does anyone have any other suggestions to get the word out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Put it in your signature on forums such as Webhostingtalk. (this website)

United States
    Do you know anyone currently going to college? If so, maybe you could make up some flyers and ask them to post the flyers on the student bulletin boards on campus. You mentioned that college students are the targeted traffic for your site, so it seems to me that a college campus would be a great place to start.

Would be a good idea to install Google Analytics first before internet advertising otherwise you won't know whats working for you.

As to where to advert that depends on your product.

You can publish your website URL on the company business card, newsletters to financial report as well this can definitely help you to promote your
    business website.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Thanks for the feedback! As far as the college campus, I am attending college and have actually done that. I'll check out Google Analytics, thanks!

I would suggest AdWords from google.