Chkrootkit scan shows many suspicious files and directories

Hi Masters, I need your help,

My chkrootkit scan shows me a lot of files in suspicious files and directories, It didnt used to show like this before, but for last 1 month my server is very unstable, it has a lot of heavy mysql processess without many websites using mysql, I can see updatedb and find process in the top command results, and system load goes upto 50-60 making eveything unusable.

the following is the listing of suspicious files and directories according to chkrootkir result, is mt system compromised? What is suggested for me?

Searching for suspicious files and dirs, it may take a while...
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Digest/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Storable/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Net/DNS/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Net/CIDR/Lite/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Net/IP/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Net/SSLeay/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Mail/SpamAssassin/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/Socket/SSL/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Digest/SHA1/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Module/Build/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/mytop/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/HTML/Parser/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Sys/Hostname/Long/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/URI/.packlist /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/mod_perl2/.packlist /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/immodules/.relocation-tag /lib/.libcrypto.so.0.9.8e.hmac /lib/.libcrypto.so.6.hmac

Quote Originally Posted by Woooo View Post
    Hi Masters, I need your help,

My chkrootkit scan shows me a lot of files in suspicious files and directories, It didnt used to show like this before, but for last 1 month my server is very unstable, it has a lot of heavy mysql processess without many websites using mysql, I can see updatedb and find process in the top command results, and system load goes upto 50-60 making eveything unusable.

the following is the listing of suspicious files and directories according to chkrootkir result, is mt system compromised? What is suggested for me?
    Those are likely fine - you'll need to understand that chkrootkit (and others like rkhunter) tend to report a lot of false positives as it's going solely on characteristics of files, scripts, and so forth (uses perl / awk / sed / etc to try to find things).

Those just look like left over perl stuff, I wouldn't worry too much.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Let's Encrypt Sponsor.

Oh thankyou sir

I am worryfree now.