Thread: snoork.com

snoork.com

I signed up with IGXHOST very recently. Purchased a shared plan professional and was very happy so far. This morning there was an email saying the shared plans are all sold to another host, SNOORK, hosting.snoork.com. sigh.

I could only find limited information about SNOORK on this forum.
    The reason I went for IGXHOST was because of its reputation here.
    So....
    Does anyone know about SNOORK?
    Is SNOORK reliable? fast? supportive? problematic?
    I read that they closed free accounts very quickly...a sign of small company being unstable?

"#$%&'("#R'(#$'&'!"{***!$#` < this is how I feel right now.

Just to be sure, the email came from IGX and not Snoork, yes?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

It came from IGX. But at the bottom it had the name of the guy who I think is in charge of IGH, and next to it with the name "Snoork Hosting".

Snoork Hosting was established in October 2009 to set new standards for webmasters and businesses
    Oh my...Is it possible to run from them?

Subscribing here. Am a reseller client of theirs.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

did you get the notice too? are you moving to snoork? i am very hesitant.

Are you able to post the email here?
    It seem weird that they are already selling part of their operation for such a new company.

EDIT: Maybe the following company (ClientsForSale2009) is actually IGXHost?:-
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=6479629
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Hi
    Alas,it is difficult to cope up.

Neal Jasper
    Astraxis - Offshore IT Outsourcing Services.
    Server Management | Web Design and Development
    Astraxis.com

yes, indeed.
    but this is happening.
    i dont know if it is appopriate to post the content of the email here.
    i dont want to make the IGX guys my enemy...

but from the content of the email, all the accounts who are affected will be moved and transferred within the next 24-48 hours. the billing data also. users pay the same prices and receive same package. change the dns to snoork.
    the reason is apparently to focus on VPS and dedicated servers.

if you search snoork in this forum, you get an interesting ad.

Quote Originally Posted by andes123 View Post
    yes, indeed.
    but this is happening.
    i dont know if it is appopriate to post the content of the email here.
    i dont want to make the IGX guys my enemy...

but from the content of the email, all the accounts who are affected will be moved and transferred within the next 24-48 hours. the billing data also. users pay the same prices and receive same package. change the dns to snoork.
    the reason is apparently to focus on VPS and dedicated servers.

if you search snoork in this forum, you get an interesting ad.
    Well I don't think there is anything wrong for you to post the email content here. In the email content, did they specifically forbid you from posting the content in a public forum?

P/S: Tried to contact IGXHost in live chat (showing as online) to seek clarification but nobody picks up the chat for many times now.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

no. they did not forbid the post of the content. but you know, i dont feel comfortable.

i just had a chat with igx sales and support. they are there! and those guys are very helpful and nice.

I also sent an email to the owner, but no reply yet.

I dont want to cause a panic. If you are affected by this, you should have received an email. I received mine about 8 hours ago.

IGX guy was very active here. would like to listen from him.
    recently they got some good reviews so it there turn now

Yes I know. The good reviews were and good service with the chat support were the two main reasons why I went with them!

There is nothing wrong in posting the email here. Also, I don't plan to move until IGXHost tells me that they are selling Reseller Accounts as well.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Hello everyone,

To shed some light on to this thread, we are indeed discontinuing our business in the shared hosting market. However, this does not mean we are going out of business. We will be bringing all of our focus towards the VPS market which we have been preparing for several months now. However, I realized we simply do not have the man power to be able to maintain a high level of service in both the shared hosting sectors and the VPS/dedicated market at the same time. We've acquired our own hardware and are continuing to do so through vendors.

We will be doing business using the same name - IGXHost. We are NOT going out of business. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to clients. We have already stopped taking in new orders for any of our shared/reseller hosting plans.

EDIT: Sorry, I just want to clear another thing up. Snoork has only acquired a small amount of our clients as of now (only shared hosting clients). We have not yet handed our entire client base yet. The majority of our clients are still under our own management.

If there's anything else, I would prefer an e-mail at jon.h [at] igxhost [dot] com

Thanks!

Thanks for the info and the ticket response to clear up the matter.

sorry for writing "all" in my first post. apologies.

Hmmm ... I hope its not the same snoork host that got busted last year for posting fake reviews. They shut down their site a couple days after their "review".

Quote Originally Posted by Zsev View Post
    Hmmm ... I hope its not the same snoork host that got busted last year for posting fake reviews. They shut down their site a couple days after their "review".
    Hmmm.... This is interesting.

Snoork will no longer be taking over the said clients.

A formal announcement will be issued via e-mail to the affected clients who were contacted last night.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    Snoork will no longer be taking over the said clients.
    Can you explain here as well?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Snoork found some of the clients' websites to be rather unsuitable for their servers or that they simply don't support the content hosted, therefore they have withdrawn from the takeover.

One of their representatives will be posting in this thread shortly to further clear things up and to give a better explanation.

As an Advertising Representative of Snoork LLC, I have received a formal request to inform the community based on the case that may have affected certain shared hosting clients from IGXHost that have been transferred to Snoork Hosting.

Approximately on November 12, Snoork Hosting has purchased several shared hosting clients from IGXHost. Snoork Hosting was unable to proceed with the hosting service for the selected shared hosting clients due to the restrictions of website content within the Snoork Hosting servers.

Behalf of the Snoork LLC services, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to the clients of IGXHost that have been transferred to Snoork Hosting.

If you have any questions, please contact the Management Department of Snoork LLC for more information regarding this case.
    Last edited by Snoork Hosting; 11-13-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Contact information.

Thanks for the explanation.

Exclamation

igxhost has decided to make fast bucks by selling of the shared/reseller business. Annually paid users will be stranded and the more effected of the lot.

If u head over to igxhost and ask now for shared/reseller hosting, they will say they are accepting new account signup. They are not at all disclosing that they have lost business interest in shared/reseller business and want to concentrate on vps/dedicate. No idea why igxhost want to con users..?? Especially users who have taken an annual account will be very sad to know their host is not interested in doing business.

This is the one reason new customers will hesitate to signup for new hosting providers as the chances of new host closing shop or to make a fast buck by selling of the business is more.
    Last edited by calamine; 11-13-2009 at 02:51 PM.

27. this is what i went through when nixism got bought. we were sold to one person and a month later sold to hostdime.

Quote Originally Posted by calamine View Post
    igxhost has decided to make fast bucks by selling of the shared/reseller business. Annually paid users will be stranded and the more effected of the lot.

If u head over to igxhost and ask now for shared/reseller hosting, they will say they are accepting new account signup. They are not at all disclosing that they have lost business interest in shared/reseller business and want to concentrate on vps/dedicate. No idea why igxhost want to con users..?? Especially users who have taken an annual account will be very sad to know their host is not interested in doing business.

This is the one reason new customers will hesitate to signup for new hosting providers as the chances of new host closing shop or to make a fast buck by selling of the business is more.
    Are you a client of ours?

I have already stated that we have already stopped taking in new orders for shared and reseller plans if you looked a several posts back.

It's not for the sake of making a fast buck but more of the fact that we won't be able to handle servicing in both sectors and being able to provide a good quality of service at the same time - as explained already.

We are in no way going out of business. May I know who you spoke to in regards to this? I would like to know which one of my staff mislead you.

Thanks.

yesterday with John H..i presume that is u
    Last edited by calamine; 11-13-2009 at 03:12 PM.

No, that was not me. That is another John that works as sales and tech support on live chat.

so why there is no instruction to your staff to stop new customers signup ? why r ur staff wasting time discussing about shared/reseller accounts, when igxhost is not interested? I actually wanted to signup for an "enterprise reseller account".

Talked with him for 1.5 hours regarding various aspects of reseller hosting but then I subsequently come across this thread that shocked me. From ur posting and several user reviews in WHT i was under the impression that you guys are great..but no..that is not the case.

In one aspect I feel lucky and would like to thank WHT and the OP andes123. Until I saw his thread I had no idea this was going to happen.

Some of the staff were not properly notified by our team leaders in various departments, or were not kept up to date on the situation. Even if you tried to order through our billing system you wouldn't be able to because we have taken all of our shared and reseller hosting services off already.

I am making sure that all of my staff are now being properly notified and kept up to date on the situation.

The status of this is that we currently have not found a suitable company/firm to be able to take over our clients. However, all clients (or ones who are affected) will be notified in advance if we do establish a deal with another firm before ANY data or migration takes place.

@calamine - I do apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding caused by my staff, I hope this thread had helped clear things up with you. Even if you did end up signing up with us we would've been able to refund you due to our available money back policy.

I have to ask though, why advertise your shared hosting plans at the offers section knowing you would sell your customer base a couple days later. If I were a new customer I'd be really frustrated to be misled like that. Also... Snoork...? Are you serious ? Sending customers off to hostgator may be acceptable but Snoork is about 1 month in operation (or so they claim) from their "About" page.

Again, you need to read my previous posts.

Snoork did not take any of our clients, the deal was canceled.

We have stopped advertising our shared and reseller plans completely. They've also been taken off our site as we're already preparing for our VPS offerings. We are no longer taking in new orders for any shared/reseller hosting services for that matter.

I know it is ur call to wind up this part of the business but one thing I wanted to know -

IGXHost as company is hardly 9 months old..u mention that "igxhost do not have the man power to be able to maintain a high level of service in both the shared hosting sectors and vps" and then regarding my post now u say "Some of the staff were not properly notified by our team leaders in various departments".. how big is ur company jon that that such imporatnt information of daily business does not reach even the sales guy?

what will happen to the annual shared/reseller accounts ?? About the SSL certificate bought at a discount..Can they atleast stay with the customer for that 1yr period?? Should it be reissued?

My company consists of 8 staff members in total, including myself. Some in sales, some in tech support, some are in both departments. I can admit that this was a bit sudden, even for myself. There was definitely some miscommunication in regards to the takeover between my staff and I since I am the only individual who is actually handling this takeover. However, at this point, all of them are properly notified and are updated to the current state of the situation.

What will happen to the annual paying customers? They'll get transferred too when we find a suitable and reputable firm. SSL certificates can be renewed through us since we will still be selling them. The only services we are discontinuing are the shared hosting services and reseller hosting services. Domain names and SSL certificates will still be available for reissue/renewals or even new purchases. For those who have a hosting plan AND a SSL certificate, your client data for the SSL cert will be kept with us unless you wish to cancel at the end of the 1 year period.