DNS FailOver / Load Balancing

We have a 2 WAN router and very soon we are going to have the second WAN connection.

I want to setup mainly WAN failover for our services (email, webserver, etc) and If possible also Load Balancing.

For email I just have to change the MX priority, it's easy! But for the rest?

I'm using right now everyDNS as our DNS server, which is free but doesn't support these kind of features. I know there are paid service.

What is the best and/or cheapest way to achieve this?

for load balancing it can be a bit of a pain and can get complicated pretty quick and expensive, for failover just write a script to monitor the wan socket and update the dns records upon failure that can work very well and wont cost you a penny if your good at writing scripts

Quote Originally Posted by chaosuk View Post
    for load balancing it can be a bit of a pain and can get complicated pretty quick and expensive, for failover just write a script to monitor the wan socket and update the dns records upon failure that can work very well and wont cost you a penny if your good at writing scripts
    Do you have any script example?

Best method of fail over I have used before for web was ZEUS running on a ESX cluster.
    Can be very expensive though and wont do the WAN load balance only the layer7 side of things.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Quote Originally Posted by ZanyHost View Post
    Best method of fail over I have used before for web was ZEUS running on a ESX cluster.
    Can be very expensive though and wont do the WAN load balance only the layer7 side of things.
    What do you think it could be the best cheapest or even free solution?

DNSMadeEasy is a paid service. Load balancing you can do it with a CSM or software-based VM. Although, the VM is still a single point of failure. You can also do a weighted round robin for load balancing (depending on the router), etc.

If it was me doing it... I'd setup an OpenBSD/FreeBSD router and do it all from there. Load balancing and failover for routing. OS is free, just need a box or a VM. Preferably a physical machine.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com