Need help finding serveral dedicated server providers in Brazil

Hello all,

I need help finding serveral dedicated server hosting companies in Brazil. Here are the minimum specs I need.

Intel Core2 Duo
    2 GB RAM
    160 GB HDD
    2 IP address
    7 or 8 Mbps sustained burstable to 20 Mbps
    Reliable backbone
    Windows Server 2003 Standard (we have server license)

Our budget is about $300 USD/month.

Thanks.

The provider might be from Brazil but have the servers in US. Or you need need provider which is in Brazil?
    I can be mistaken but I have never hear about such here
    Perhaps on Portuguese forums you will be able to get the solution?

I would be interested too in that country
    I need that servers would be in Brasil or near it.
    Host1Plus.com - Professional Multi-Location Web Hosting Service.
    Providing Unlimited Bandwidth And Disk Space.
    Friendly And Operative 24/7 Support Team.
    Get The Best Service With 99.9% Uptime!

There is only one single provider that can accomodate that specifications and budget. Plus, no datacenter who signed an SPLA agreement will allow you to install own licenses, especially here in Brazil where they hard-audit every machine that enters and leaves the datacenter as well as they require invoicing for the OSes, etc.

We have a similar cloud server from locaweb.com.br. They offer pure dedicated servers too but the cost is much higher. Check them out. Overall I have mixed feelings about them - the server is good and for the last several months we had no downtime, although sometimes we are experiencing high network latency and some packet loss. I cannot tell if it is their fault or if the network is like this all over Brazil but still if you need a consistent high speed connection you might want to look at some other providers too.

hello,

you can take a look at uolhost (www.uolhost.com.br) and locaweb (www.locaweb.com.br) but far as I know, none of then offer burstable link.
    * Visit the WHT Brazil: http://www.webhostingtalk.com.br * - * Follow us: http://twitter.com/WHT_Brasil*

Locaweb has been having issues on their connectivity and email service (they host email for like 100k domains), it will complete a year soon, and they have been having only paliative solutions. And the funny fact is, it all started when they sold their soul and single-homed to Telefónica in exchange for an exclusivity contract and free bandwidth... :-)
    We are getting a ton of customers coming from them, unsatisfied with their email service performance. Daily issues, they say.

There are cheaper companies inside UOL's (Intelig's) datacenter but, as far as it concerns, there is not much network management going on and problems such as DDoS and instability due to poor network management, lack of support knowledge, excessive hacking attempts, and cheap switches seem to be recurrent.

Quote Originally Posted by iptelligent View Post
    Locaweb has been having issues on their connectivity and email service (they host email for like 100k domains), it will complete a year soon, and they have been having only paliative solutions. And the funny fact is, it all started when they sold their soul and single-homed to Telefónica in exchange for an exclusivity contract and free bandwidth... :-)
    We are getting a ton of customers coming from them, unsatisfied with their email service performance. Daily issues, they say.
    yes, same here, we get some too.

There are cheaper companies inside UOL's (Intelig's) datacenter but, as far as it concerns, there is not much network management going on and problems such as DDoS and instability due to poor network management, lack of support knowledge, excessive hacking attempts, and cheap switches seem to be recurrent.
    I agree, we try one server at UOL but it was not a good time
    * Visit the WHT Brazil: http://www.webhostingtalk.com.br * - * Follow us: http://twitter.com/WHT_Brasil*

There is only one single provider that can accomodate that specifications and budget.
    Can you please give us a link to their site. As I said I'm not totally happy with Locaweb and I am willing to switch if there is anything better. It should be in Brazil though.

Quote Originally Posted by diadomraz View Post
    Can you please give us a link to their site. As I said I'm not totally happy with Locaweb and I am willing to switch if there is anything better. It should be in Brazil though.
    Quoting myself:

Quote Originally Posted by iptelligent
    I would place these two cheap ones at UOL's DC (HostLocation and MaxiHost) in the same level as Locaweb.

Don't forget locaweb peer with RNP/ptt.br...

For those that don't know RNP/ptt:
    http://sp.ptt.br/trafego2.html

Their domain/as search output's two result's:
    http://www.fixedorbit.com/cgi-bin/cg...locaweb.com.br

Sorry for now following up on this post.

I am looking for multiple providers and servers in Brazil. Here are the quotes I received so far. Bandwidth is an important factor and I know it's expensive in Brazil.

UOLHOST
    First offer for two servers at 100 Mbps - S11,000 USD (too high)
    Second offer at 20 Mbps - $1500 USD (still to high)
    Third offer at 4 Mbps (capped) - $400

ALOG
    4 Mbps (preimium): $ 800 USD (comes with a bunch of services, like email and so on thta I do not need. Asked them to requote without the adiitional servces but still o response. I guess they don't want our business, especially in this tough economic times). We might consider this provider though.

Hostdime
    2 Mbps (unlimited) - $350 per server.

As you may already know bandwidth is easily 3-4 times more expensive in Brazil then USA. I think the host which is most flexible with your needs will best suited for you as it shows they are willing to work with you.

HostLocations is offering $399 for 12 Mbps. Need to confirm the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by drwhotheman View Post
    In Brazil? I would be worry about that and proceed with caution. Thats a loss for them if it is really in brazil and doing business like that isn't long term nor safe.

Read my previous posts on this thread about HostLocation/MaxiHost.

Quote Originally Posted by HostDime View Post
    In Brazil? I would be worry about that and proceed with caution. Thats a loss for them if it is really in brazil and doing business like that isn't long term nor safe.
    HD, this pricing is feasible inside Intelig datacenter (UOLHost) in São Paulo. There are minimum requirements of commit rate for bandwidth, and you cannot sell it to outside of the datacenter nor to access networks - it's a contractual requirement. The basic idea is that they sell for half to 1/3 of the price, the outgoing bandwidth that they have in excess, as they are the biggest network for incoming bandwidth (a.k.a. dial up and business DSL subscribers). Thus they selling to content providers for cheap, as that means both intra-network traffic as well as outgoing bandwidth that is normally not used in order to maintain a traffic balance. If you start competing with them (i.e., by selling the bandwidth to access networks) then they have the contractual right to eject you.

On top of that, you can add the overselling factors that we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by HostDime View Post
    You should not speak of others biz like that...

Coming from someone that sell's reseller options for R$ 19 / US$ 10 with whmcs.
    (Below us market rates and if count whmcs license could be consider dumping)

Their plan with WHMCS is R$ 39.

Hello iptelligent,

Do you have any recommendations for dedicated server providers in Brazil?

Hello iptelligent,

Do you have any recommendations for dedicated server providers in Brazil?
    My recomendation depends on the type of customer you are and who you want to reach: your profile is: (a) Corporate, (b) Shared/Dedicated hosting, (c) CDN, (d) Gaming Service Provider?

Their plan with WHMCS is R$ 39.
    If you see the US hosting it's R$ 19,99
    http://www.hostdime.com.br/revenda.php

But still their R$ 39,99 that include whmcs it's below their lowest US prices (US$ 30).
    Last edited by BudWay; 11-14-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BudWay View Post
    If you see the US hosting it's R$ 19,99
    http://www.hostdime.com.br/revenda.php

But still their R$ 39,99 that include whmcs it's below their lowest US prices (US$ 30).
    Thanks for your comments and input, the smallest plan doesn't include WHMCS.
    Prices need to be adjusted to make sense for the local business culture.