Verify Phone Number?

OK this may be a stupid question and commonly used but I wanted to verify this first. I want to set up hosting with a company and I like the deal and havent seen anything on here about them besides their ads and one member switching because the member used more bandwidth and maybe needed a different plan they dont offer or something. So in 5 months of being on here nobody seems to have complained. Thats a good thing I think.
    BUT they say I have to verify my phone number before my account gets set up. Is this normal? I know alot of scams make you do this number verification stuff to get codes to put in on craigslist and spam people.
    Just making sure its a normal thing before I give them all my personal info.
    The site is hetrixbyte.com
    Anyone have any experience with them? Hard to find good reviews.. seems people only speak up when things turn bad
    Its just a few personal sites and eventually a simple page for a buddys carpet cleaning company... so its not critical to have perfect service.
    Anyway TIA for any help.

More and more companies are now using phone verification so it's not a scam. It is being used to prevent fraud orders.
    The only problem that we have encountered is that many times if it is a cell phone number, the phone call does not, for some strange reason, go through. Try always to give a land base number to prevent this.
    "To see is to see a better way, to perceive any problem clearly is to begin to create its solution. All we need is the wisdom and patience to keep looking and the love to hold what we see up to the light of understanding." ---Laurence Boldt
    F.D.W. Hosting Co.

Guess ill try my home phone. It goes through the cable so hopefully that will work better than a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by stillkavey View Post
    Guess ill try my home phone. It goes through the cable so hopefully that will work better than a cell phone.

Vonage, Brighthouse, cable oriented phones work pretty good.
    "To see is to see a better way, to perceive any problem clearly is to begin to create its solution. All we need is the wisdom and patience to keep looking and the love to hold what we see up to the light of understanding." ---Laurence Boldt
    F.D.W. Hosting Co.

OK Thanks.. by the lack of bad info after 5 months around here I guess I can assume they arent too bad to deal with?

They seem legit. But I would try emailing there support all hours of the night to ask them a question to see the response time. (that's only if you really need the support feature since i saw 24/7 support on the site and they arent online)
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Well, I think it is a really new company from its domain information or might be just a reseller for it still limits the web space. Of course, verify phone number might be normal practice these days.
    Men, women and kids air jordan shoes,
    air jordan fusion shoes shop online.

We also have to verify the phonenumber when a new order comes, it is very normal. But it depends.If the phonenumber's location is more or less near to the mailing address will be ok as host company's want the real info to prevent fraud.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

9. I registered with rackforce and they required me to verify by phone. to cut a long story short, my cellular operator BLOCKED international calls so i could not verify... lol atleast no credit card verification was needed.

Sad but as I know this way isn't very effective because frauder can talk with that company without problems if he know some details about that person.And these days it isn't so hard to know that.
    Host1Plus.com - Professional Multi-Location Web Hosting Service.
    Providing Unlimited Bandwidth And Disk Space.
    Friendly And Operative 24/7 Support Team.
    Get The Best Service With 99.9% Uptime!

That's true. Most of hosts are using phone verification system to prevent fraud orders and it's a normal fraud checking system.

The only thing that I see as not legitimate is a customer not wanting to do phone verification or thinking that it's outrageous.

It's almost 2010, you have access to a phone if you have the Internet.
    Kaumil P.

14. If you are interested in verify you should check out phoneverify. they are easy to use and you can get setup in seconds, accept recordings or keypresses and even record your own message for the prompt! google it!

This is quite normal as many online companies need phone verification for account setup but if you are not sure then try giving them some other number rather than your primary phone number.