What specs will I need in a hosting solution?

I am totally new to this and want to start an adult weblog (where I can post pictures) with a forum where people can post pictures as well. Also a hosting solution that would allow me to affiliate on my site.

What package would I need? As far as server storage size, Bandwidth requirement, that type of thing. Thanks in advance.

It's very difficult to say what disk space and bandwidth you need without knowing the size of the files you intend to upload and the number of visitors you expect each month. Since you're starting out, a basic shared hosting package is recommended, and you can always upgrade as your site grows. No sense in getting a ton of resources that you won't even use for the first few months or year. Keep in mind adult content is not allowed at some hosts, so make sure you read the TOS of any hosts you are interested in before signing up to make sure they allow adult content.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    It's very difficult to say what disk space and bandwidth you need without knowing the size of the files you intend to upload and the number of visitors you expect each month. Since you're starting out, a basic shared hosting package is recommended, and you can always upgrade as your site grows. No sense in getting a ton of resources that you won't even use for the first few months or year. Keep in mind adult content is not allowed at some hosts, so make sure you read the TOS of any hosts you are interested in before signing up to make sure they allow adult content.
    Thanks a lot. Is there a host you could recommend? Or is adult hosting not generally discussed around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Treq View Post
    Thanks a lot. Is there a host you could recommend? Or is adult hosting not generally discussed around here?
    Theres multiple hosts, a lot of hosts will accept it, just be sure to double check in their terms of service that they do allow it. Take a browse of the offers section and look up some reviews, I am sure you will find a host to fit your needs out of all the great hosts here on WHT

I believe HostGator allows adult content.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Thanks guys, I shall have a look around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Treq View Post
    Thanks guys, I shall have a look around here.
    No problem, good luck
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

start out with 5 gb space and 25 gb bandwidth

if user base grows then go to a vps

I would recommend hostgator as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    Thatís true about ItsJustHosting said, you must thinking about the files you intend to upload and the number of visitors you expect each a month.

Just begin with any starter plan would be ok.You won't have a rush time at the beginning.When your requirement grows,go for a upgrade.
    And yes,I believe Hostgator allows adult contents.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

That is the sort of the file sharing service I believe and all what you will need just to find file sharing solution or so called image sharing web host

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I believe HostGator allows adult content.
    They do, and AFAIK, they always did:

Do you allow adult sites?
    Yes, we allow adult sites. They must be legal in the United States of America.
    http://support.hostgator.com/article...ptable-content

Then again, the same is true for a lot of (most?) other hosts.

Hi
    Just make a research and first decide the target and proceed according to that.Else you need to change the plan again.May be its gonna cost you double.

Neal Jasper
    Astraxis - Offshore IT Outsourcing Services.
    Server Management | Web Design and Development
    Astraxis.com