Dedicated server right for me...

Hey

Currently I have a Atom dual core 330, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, on a 10Mbps unmetered port from FDC with CentOS 5 and cpanel/whm for $79USD, sadly for the 100Mbit port they charge $50 more (unmetered)...

Are there any other places that offer what I have for the same price or cheaper? I NEED it 100Mbit port, but not unmetered. 2-3TB BW or more is great.

Thanks

$50 more for 100mbps unmetered is amazingly cheap, even if it was a shared port. You should go for that.

But I know for sure you can probably get a better server for less on a 100mbps metered port from Limestone Networks, take a look at them. Make sure you open a live chat, that's where you get all of the specials. (Normally much cheaper than advertised on the website.)

XENnode: I know its cheap I just don't want to be paying for bandwidth I'm not using, when I might be able to get it somewhere else where its cheaper.

Also I went onto LSN and they said they aren't able to customize a server for me.

There should be plenty of providers out there that can provide a server of similar specs, even if it is not an Atom.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more

You will get a lower spec if you would to find a cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Soolian View Post
    XENnode: I know its cheap I just don't want to be paying for bandwidth I'm not using, when I might be able to get it somewhere else where its cheaper.

Also I went onto LSN and they said they aren't able to customize a server for me.
    Oh, what did you ask for and what did they say?

try sharktech.net or justedge.net they both have what you are looking for on 100mbit ports for around that price.

Just checkout the Offer Section at WHT. You would be able to find something there.
    More than decade with webhosting!

Cavecreek may have what you seek

There is dedicated hosting out there that can provide high quality service and reasonable pricing. You are also right about bandwidth usage and billing. Cavecreek hosting has managed services and they do not charge you to set up your dedicated server. They are offering a winter special that is even lower than the packages on their website, so it might be worth looking into. Bottom line is: Price and quality are usually the give and take points but I believe that Cavecreek may be providing you with the happy median that you are looking for. You might want to see if their dedicated server hosting special works for you.
    Last edited by williamhecsuite; 11-11-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soolian View Post
    Hey

Currently I have a Atom dual core 330, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, on a 10Mbps unmetered port from FDC with CentOS 5 and cpanel/whm for $79USD, sadly for the 100Mbit port they charge $50 more (unmetered)...

Are there any other places that offer what I have for the same price or cheaper? I NEED it 100Mbit port, but not unmetered. 2-3TB BW or more is great.

Thanks
    Soolian,

You should contact Greg at JaguarPC, he's got a crazy promotion going on right now for their eleventh year in business. I believe he has an atom, same config except no cpanel for $77(IIRC it's $25 more for cPanel). JaguarPC has been fantastic for me, I've got many dedicated servers with them.
    Jacob Wall

try wholesale internet

it will cost you 99 total for 3 tb bandwidth