Long Domain Name

Hi. I'm setting up a domain register/resell business and for my resellers I want them to be able to access the site easily. The name would be 19, 21 or 22 letters long.

What does everyone think? I believe it's an easy name to remember, just long.

Thanks

That is quite long, but it's prob. more important that the name is 'memorable'.
    It also needs to be SE friendly.
    Is it a name that could be abreviated ?
    ie simplify my forum name to: BDV

quite interested now to know 'what is the [proposed] name ?

A good domain name should be easy to memory while search engine friendly. I think you might want to include your keywords in it, too.
    Men, women and kids air jordan shoes,
    air jordan fusion shoes shop online.

In my opinion, it's a bit long, but it really depends on what the keywords are. Obviously if the keyword is long, then a long domain is within territory.

I would stay within 2 - 3 words for a domain. It starts looking cheesy when you start getting into the 4 words or more domain.

I don't think that a 22 letter web address is too long. As long as it is good enough it will work for you.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

If that is easy to remember that doesn't matter how long or short your domain names are

For me, length is not an issue as long as it contains the keywords that I require for search engine purposes.

Having a long domain doesn't pose a problem in terms of SEO, however, it is more a matter of preference and a business decision.

If you're a business owner trying to make a "brand" name, wouldn't you rather have a short, catchy domain name, instead of a long domain that people may forget?

For example, ExampleHosting.com sounds a lot better than ExampleWebHostingServices.com, don't you think?

long or short, it depends whether it can be remembered easily, keywords are in there and you're doing a consistent optimization on your site.

Thumbs up

For Example
    • domainresellbusiness dot com is 20 characters before the .com, it says exactly what you would be doing, is easy to remember, is not really flashy and has little searches.
    • nationalgeographic.com is 18 characters for the dot but people will never expect a domain reseller there.

So there is more than just counting characters :-)

Before making your choice, consider 1 or more of the following strategies:

• a brandable name (needs huge advertising budget), examples: yahoo, google
    • a name that says what you are doing: in your case: domainregisterresellbusiness
    • a name that people can remember : just think about what you can remember and what not, or ask your friends on the phone to repeat the domainname
    • a keywordphrase name: then you have to consider your SEO budget: examples:
      ** domainresellbusiness dot com could attract 170 broad searches and looks easy (cheap) to SEO.
      ** domainreseller dot com could attract 33000 broad searches but looks very hard (expensive) to SEO.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Oamaru View Post
    For Example
    • domainresellbusiness dot com is 20 characters before the .com, it says exactly what you would be doing, is easy to remember, is not really flashy and has little searches.
    • nationalgeographic.com is 18 characters for the dot but people will never expect a domain reseller there.

So there is more than just counting characters :-)

Before making your choice, consider 1 or more of the following strategies:

• a brandable name (needs huge advertising budget), examples: yahoo, google
    • a name that says what you are doing: in your case: domainregisterresellbusiness
    • a name that people can remember : just think about what you can remember and what not, or ask your friends on the phone to repeat the domainname
    • a keywordphrase name: then you have to consider your SEO budget: examples:
      ** domainresellbusiness dot com could attract 170 broad searches and looks easy (cheap) to SEO.
      ** domainreseller dot com could attract 33000 broad searches but looks very hard (expensive) to SEO.

Cheers
    I'd like to agree with Oamaru. these things should be considered and thought of because you will be investing much time and effort for it.