Shared hosting in Europe

Hello all,

Im looking for a quality hosting provider within Europe. As close to Italy as possible. Payments must be accepted online.

My site is not heavily busy just need:

1) Good fast connection with quality uptime.
    2) 2GB + Disk Space
    3) php and mysql (Recent versions)
    4) non overloaded server
    5) safe mode off and mod rewrite mod enabled
    6) Customer service in English
    7) control panel

You may ask why i dont find a host in Italy and to be short the answer is customer service is Poor. Too many forms to fill in and many hosts have strange customer service hours (mon - Fri) 8 - 1800. The list goes on.............

Like i say im interested in quality not quantity (Unlimited disk space + bankwidth etc)

Can any of you suggest some hosts please?

Talking

You may check offer section as forumers cannot self advertise per the rules: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Also chek EU big brother hosting package: http://www.ovh.it/hosting_web/

If you are looking for services in the UK, I have found http://www.surpasshosting.com/hosting-uk-solutions.php to be good in past, they are based at bluesquare, who I also use, and they are very very good.
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft

Simsnet, for Italy i recommend to look into the big three, with that i mean the countries with the largest internet exchanges and likely having direct peering with Italy;

Those three are: UK, Netherlands and Germany, where of course geographically the Germany would be the closest; although that does not necessarily mean they have the best peering with Italy, but you could do some tests from different locations in Italy.

All the above countries often offer also English support with their packages, so that should not be a problem.

For all your other requirements you should contact the providers you shortlist and see if they can help you out with this; besides it gives you an idea about their (sales)service as well.

You can check stablehost.com as they give you option of German based server and it would be closest to you, they are also very active on WHT, but its better to talk to them first.

we.register.it

you should try.

I would suggest you to check who is connected to Tiscali and other providers that have direct connection to the Italian internet users. I mentioned Tiscali because they are quite big in Europe and their network seems to be a good one.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

The only company I know is one and one. I'm from UK but I prefer american companies they are cheaper and they are better

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    I would suggest you to check who is connected to Tiscali and other providers that have direct connection to the Italian internet users. I mentioned Tiscali because they are quite big in Europe and their network seems to be a good one.
    That doesn't really narrow it down all too much - even if its not direct, there is always good peering in place.
    The Simple Host Ltd - Premium Quality European Web Hosting - Uptime Stats
    Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
    Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.

UK/Germany hosting should be fine, we have a number of Italian customer and none of them have ever complained about slow site speeds etc.

I would recommend InnoHosting.com
    Last edited by Alex; 11-21-2009 at 05:07 PM.

number of hosts out there, whats your budget?