Thumbs up Host Europe 6 month review

Hi all!

I think its time to post a short review of my VPS-provider Host Europe.

Background: I run a realtime weathersite with 20 sec updates from small textfiles with current conditions and stormtracker. During thunderstorms it gets really popular.
    After beeing on a couple of shared hosts (mostly found on WHT) and almost "kicked off" due to heavy traffic I thinked it was time to look for a VPS. After much Googling and reading reviews (ex. on WHT) in June I choosed the German host Host Europe because they had packages in my priceclass.

My package is XL with 80 Gb HD, 5 Tb traffic, 1 Gb garateed RAM with 2 Gb burst, price around 20 euros/month.

And I have never looked back since that.

As i was total n00b on this with Linux/SSH but wanted to learn how it works I took the challenge and took unmanaged with Plesk with Virtuozzo (to have something "windowsish" LOL). As Virtuozzo have free reinstall + total backup of the box it was good to have it in backhand if something get totally wrong.

After around a week of playing around with much Googling and learning and some reinstalls and it was ready to take over the wx-site. (I got from last shared host some time to "see what to do") And it really rocks. Even during some high-pressure times with high traffic it worked like a charm.

Now there are running 3 finnsih wx-sites on it.(all with same "high-traffic peak-problem").

Host Europes support works answers also in English even if the answers may be little shorter so it is not a must to know German to use them.

New York City
    Thanks for sharing your review w/ the community, good luck and be sure to keep us posted in the future!

CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

United Kingdom
    Host Europe
    Host Europe is part of the webfusion
    I personally had experience with Webfusion and I stop on pre-sales question, as probably questions were very complicated as it took 3 days them to reply.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==