Reliable host with SSH access for $3/month?

Can i get a reliable web-host which gives me full SSH access and python support for a range of $2.5-$3.5 per month?

Quote Originally Posted by gnukid View Post
    Can i get a reliable web-host which gives me full SSH access and python support for a range of $2.5-$3.5 per month?
    To get SSH access you will need to at least get a VPS and you will need to raise your budget.
    EGC Solutions
    Extreme Personal & Business Hosting
    99.9% Uptime 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Cpanel Fantastico & Much More!

Some hosts provide jailed SSH with proper verification so I would look around for hosts that allowed that.

If you want "real" SSH you would need at least a VPS or a Dedicated - if Jailed SSH will work (i.e. to run Python from shell) then most providers offering Jailed SSH will work.

As for reliable for $2.5~3.5/month - if all you want is the shell then that's doable but if you want disk/transfer as well for your website then you're not going to have very good luck I'm afraid.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

You might get a very small VPS if you slightly raise your budget.
    Most shard hosts don't offer SSH or offer it with very limited features due to the security problems with it.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Any reputable host should be able to provide jailed or not jailed SSH, however, for $3 per month how do you think that they are going to survive?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

my suggestion would be to save; $3 is nowhere near enough for real SSH on a VPS, if you are looking for jailed SSH, you need to at least bump your budget up to at least $6-$8 a month if you want even a decent web host... at $3 a month, that would not be a high quality host... not at all.

-Dante [Sil3nt Pr0digy]

Nope i need only linux-hosting. I need only restricted ssh access such as to do rsync, run cron jobs, if possible install some software in home dir?

i found these people offering plans as low as $2.

How was/is/will be their service?

fivebean.com
    2gbhosting.com
    ***********.com

I'd take a look at hawkhost for $3/month. SSH is offered and its even cheaper than $3 if you pay annually + use coupon. Not used them personally but their reviews have been solid over the years.

hwakhost looks promising. What about the byethost7.com? anybody having nice experience with them?

Never even heard of any of these hosts. Maybe you can write a review pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Any reputable host should be able to provide jailed or not jailed SSH, however, for $3 per month how do you think that they are going to survive?
    Not jailed SSH in a shared hosting environment, I don't think that would be possible. Jailed SSH access however should be no problem with most shared hosting companies, the only way to get $3/month is if you pay for 1-2 years upfront so make sure the company you are picking isn't going to run off with your money. To reduce the first payment, you can use a coupon to bring your monthly cost down quite a bit.

if you are okay with jaild ssh then around 5 -6 dollars a month

if not then you need a vps

You should go with a VPS for those capabilities.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.