Replicating from one DC to another... (need a cloud provider)

{This is a cross-post as I posted it in the colocation section. However I think this is a better place for this. Plz delete if its against the rules}

We're currently in the process of getting ready to put our virtualized environment in a Colo and we're looking into replicating some of our more mission critical VM's to another datacenter in a different geographical location. We'd either use VMware Site Recovery Manager or Veeam Backup & Replication.

We know that iland offers a pretty neat and cost effective solution that basically meets our needs. We can replicate a few of our vm's to their "cloud" on a standby basis. Should anything happen at the primary colo, we can get iland to turn on the vm's are their site and bring things back up.

This helps a lot as we don't have to purchase more dedicated equipment just for replication, etc.

My question is, does anyone know if any other companies provide that same sort of service?

I don't know anything about the company you reference in your post, but I bet they charge a premium since it sounds pretty turn-key.

You could easily accomplish this type of replication without any special help from your provider with master/slave setups and/or load balancing depending on your application.

For full active/active VM replication I had also looked at marthon's offerings for xenserver a while back . . . but I never got to the point of evaluating it, so I can't speak to how well it works.

The price is not too high, but it is a little bit higher than if we set up our own host in another datacenter and used a program like Veeam Backup & Replication to handle it. It seems like they have a niche product as I cannot find any other companies that do this.

Can you give me more info or point me in the right direction when it comes to master/slave setups?

Also, looks like EverRun splitsite may be what we need. Looks like its more on the OS level than the host level, but if we decided to put our DR host in another datacenter it may work.

We're running vSphere Enterprise Plus on esxi hosts.

Here is a link to the "continuity cloud" that iland offers: