Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cirtex Hosting Review

Well I'll try and keep this short and to the point. I've only been with hem a couple weeks.

Overall Cirtex is pretty darn good. Due to lack of creating a custom plan I will have to move soon though. No point spending $130/month with them just for storage when I can get it elsewhere for half the price as I do not need all the bandwidth. Servers/service is fast and I've managed to crash it but they got it back up right away.

I'm hosting a adult video tube site right now. Reported this post with the URL as I do not want to post a adult site here. I originally signed up for the Standard Shared Plan. My plan was to build the site, embed videos and sell it. I then decided I wanted to keep the site so I would host the videos myself and add more features. So I started looking at Semi Dedicated plans. Plan one looked good. More then enough bandwidth to get started. The only thing was disk space. 25GB was not enough. I wanted 100GB. The 1.5TB bandwidth was more then enough. Even the largest Semi had only 75GB but 5TB bandwidth. Talking to live support all I could find out is I have to upgrade to get more space. That means upgrading bandwidth everything. I still do not need more then 100GB bandwidth. Makes no sense to upgrade so much. I would have to go from a 1.5TB semi ($45) to a 4TB VPS ($129.99) just for the 100GB storage. For the time being I went to the 50GB storage option on their unmetered shared hosting. You even get more storage on the basic unmetered plan then a semi or vps this will not last that long as the site grows.

For the good points: they have very fast customer support. My tickets get answered within a half hour or so usually. I have had maybe 6 or 7 tickets I've opened. The hosting is also good. Servers are always running good speeds even while I'm adding videos. They're a really popular media host as a lot of you know. They do it well. I also love the look of their cPanel.

Overall if the standard plans fit your needs I say go for it. I have not heard a lot of negative on this company.

Now this looks like a serious review. There should be more of those. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your review.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

thanks guys

That's an interesting take on their disk/bandwidth limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    That's an interesting take on their disk/bandwidth limitations.
    I was actually pretty surprised about this. I have never run intot his before. I use a lot of hosts because I build/sell sites. I like to try new hosts and I have never run into his before

Nice to know your happy experience with them. By the way, two thumbs up for your host, since fast support is always appreciated by customers. =)

Very nice review! Sounds like your in great hands at Cirtex Hosting.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    Very nice review! Sounds like your in great hands at Cirtex Hosting.
    yup. For now. Gonna have to move soon as I see no point in paying $130 just to get more space as they do not do custom setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_613 View Post
    yup. For now. Gonna have to move soon as I see no point in paying $130 just to get more space as they do not do custom setups.
    I understand what your saying. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. I wish you all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    I understand what your saying. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. I wish you all the best!
    This is true. I wont be cheaping out on my host, but I wont pay all that money just for more storage as bandwidth is not needed in bulk yet

This is true. I wont be cheaping out on my host, but I wont pay all that money just for more storage as bandwidth is not needed in bulk yet
    I totally understand. I hope it works out for you.

Looks like a good review ...
    Jack
    Cool Handle - Reliable web hosting
    Virtual Private Servers [VPS] - Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers

Today has been hell...

I was suspended due to (my guess is uploading too many videos at once as they still have not given a reason) so I decided to upgrade to the Semi. I never received any email notification or anything. I had to find out on my own. I have had a ticket open for 7 hours now asking if I can have the site turned back on while I get the site moved without any videos being uploaded. Still no answer there. I have had a ticket open for about 5 hours seeing about upgrading. Live support said just make a ticket. Still no updates on what is happening there. I cannot get a answer on live support. All they say is open a ticket and before I get a chance to reply they cut me off. I have the tickets set to critical just so I can get a response on what is going on and still nothing. Not pleased. I bought a bunch of advertising right before they did this....

about 9 hours no response. live support just keeps saying that only people answering the tickets can reply and nothing they can do

I can affirm about no downtime since last year, atleast for myself.

Overall this is a good experience of hosting, and I believe it would continue henceforward.

Reported this post with the URL (...)
    Domain received and hosted by Cirtexhosting. Sorry for taking so long to post this confirmation.

Anything good I said, I take back. Spent 3 weeks trying to get a server setup and had to move my site through 3 different non-working servers. I've had bad luck with getting companies to set up servers the past month...

Anything good I said, I take back. Spent 3 weeks trying to get a server setup and had to move my site through 3 different non-working servers. I've had bad luck with getting companies to set up servers the past month...
    That's quite a change in view, care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    That's quite a change in view, care to elaborate?
    I'll try and keep it short as I do not have much time and it makes me mad.

I was on shared. I then decided I wanted to host videos myself rather then embed them so I asked for a upgrade to a semi.

They said sure it will be a day or so to upgrade so I started adding videos while I was on shared. All was going well. I could have 10 or 15 videos being added at once no problem. I was moved to a semi after a day or so.

Seemed to be working ok until I noticed ffmpeg did not work. 4 days of them refusing that it was corrupt they finally admitted it did not work and finally moved me to another server or I had the option to wait 2 weeks to get it fixed. Then moved to another one because this one was laggy then I got on another one which I am on now. When I start to add one video on this one I get blocked from the whole site until it finished adding the video and converting it to mp4 for the iphone version of my site. They refused that it does this to me then after a while they said the grabber plug-in is being banned from the sites it grabs from....but yet it still works....just one at a time and I get blocked from the server until it finally finishes...hmmm I don't know. Works for the other people on the server.

All this was about a three week process. Any time I checked in on the progress on tickets through live chat they would just leave chat without a reply. Tickets would go unanswered for a day here and there then get a useless reply.

Oh and these servers are guaranteed to work with the avs script without problems according to their partnership.

Sounds like more hassle than its worth. I'd cancel my hosting with them and move somewhere else :/

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    Sounds like more hassle than its worth. I'd cancel my hosting with them and move somewhere else :/
    lol been trying for over a week. Bought a dedicated server at HostATree. They promised 2-3 day setup top....8 days later I gave up because they would not give updates on where the process was. Bought a server with AYKsolutions yesterday. They started to set it up and found the control panel was for the wrong bit OS. Hopefully it gets fixed up today. Just having bad bad bad luck haha I think AYKsolutions will be good. They have quite a few good reviews from people doing sites like me

Great review!
    Neal Jasper.
    Astraxis - Offshore IT Outsourcing Services.
    Server Management | Web Design and Development
    Astraxis.com

I have used hostv, which is a division of cirtex and it has been great.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - Jackson@vpsforme.com

lol been trying for over a week. Bought a dedicated server at HostATree. They promised 2-3 day setup top....8 days later I gave up because they would not give updates on where the process was. Bought a server with AYKsolutions yesterday. They started to set it up and found the control panel was for the wrong bit OS. Hopefully it gets fixed up today. Just having bad bad bad luck haha I think AYKsolutions will be good. They have quite a few good reviews from people doing sites like me
    Hi Jesse,

Sorry to hear about the trouble that you had, if you are still with us, feel free to contact me via private message and I'll investigate further, as the iphone video conversion is a new technology, some servers may not have the latest modules installed.

Thank you again for your business and we apologize for any inconveniences caused!

Cheers!
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast