The BEST web hosting provider is.....

I know you were expecting to see the name of the best web hosting companies in the world, but actually their no such thing as the best web host company cos what's good for Mr A is not necessarily best for Mr B.

Rather it should be something like "Best E-commerce host", "Best Blog host", "Best shared host" etc.

You should find a web host company that's very reputable in providing the kind of service that you need. For example when it come to domain registration, 1 & 1, godaddy are names to reckon with but that does not make them very good in providing very good host services even though they are into hosting.
    Last edited by the_pm; 11-08-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afam4eva View Post
    cos what's good for Mr A is not necessarily best for Mr B.
    Surely that concept can be applied to the "Best E-commerce host", "Best Blog host" etc.?

Is it not a bit hypocrticial coming from someone whos advertising a "Best Host" directory?

Quote Originally Posted by RH-Scott View Post
    Surely that concept can be applied to the "Best E-commerce host", "Best Blog host" etc.?
    advertising a "Best Host" directory?
    Yes you're right, the same concept can be applied to any kind of hosting my point is that it's better to go for a host that offers a specific kind of host service even though they may not be the best in that department but at least they are one of..
    Last edited by the_pm; 11-08-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Hmmm

remind me to check out 1 & 1 for domain regs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    Hmmm

remind me to check out 1 & 1 for domain regs.
    Network solutions is also on the list.
    Last edited by SSHocker; 11-09-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Network solutions is also on the list.
    Overpriced and their practices of snatching any domain that you did a lookup on (in the past) was ... irritating to say the least.

As for the best provider - I wouldn't even go with per-category - there really is no best provider.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I know you were expecting to see the name of the best web hosting companies in the world
    Haha, yeah I was kinda expecting to see a name.. at least see a good host review after I just came out from reading one of the worst hosts.. lol

I wouldn't say it but if you've been around, I think you'll have a pretty good guess what host that might be..

No one is the best. People might think that their web hosting provider is the best one. But that is theirs. For some people the same provider might be not really good one

Other members have been very specific on who's best and who's not. I've seen that your web hosting lists offer advice on "best web host". So I assume that you know who are the best web hosts and I would expect to get advice on this. So please explain what kind of criteria do you apply for the web hosts listed on your directory. What I can see there is a number of affiliate links. This is fine, but are the affiliate links and the commissions web hosts pay to publishers the main criteria to rank them among the "Best"?
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

I this it is completely Dependant on the clients needs - some are good for some and some for others - juts depends on what your needs are and budget.
    John Petrone Director of Operations @ WireFuseMedia, LLC.
    Change is Inevitable, Progress is Optional.
    Visit us at http://www.wirefuse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by elitehostpro View Post
    I this it is completely Dependant on the clients needs - some are good for some and some for others - juts depends on what your needs are and budget.
    Very well said. Just as some webmasters can afford to pay more for hosting than others, some have different needs than others (ie. control panel, support, etc.).
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Other members have been very specific on who's best and who's not. I've seen that your web hosting lists offer advice on "best web host". So I assume that you know who are the best web hosts and I would expect to get advice on this. So please explain what kind of criteria do you apply for the web hosts listed on your directory. What I can see there is a number of affiliate links. This is fine, but are the affiliate links and the commissions web hosts pay to publishers the main criteria to rank them among the "Best"?
    The web host providers on my site are not necessarily the best in the market but rather are more than suitable for the kind of site you want to run.

I think it would be easier to create bad hosting providers list
    Host1Plus.com - Professional Multi-Location Web Hosting Service.
    Providing Unlimited Bandwidth And Disk Space.
    Friendly And Operative 24/7 Support Team.
    Get The Best Service With 99.9% Uptime!

Quote Originally Posted by webilly View Post
    Pretty sure that would be impossible too since a new one seems to pop up every day on here.

@ the OP, there is no 'best provider' there can only ever be 'best for you' or best for your needs, since what I want in a provider, I am sure, will differ from what you want, or any other person here, since we all have different needs and ideas.

For instance, I would go ahead and take an unmanaged, unmonitored server from say... poundhost.com and say they are the best provider, because they provide 100% power and network uptime and have done for as long as I have used them, and I know how to manage, monitor, and generally look after my own server.

Then someone else will come along signs up with them who doesn't know how to look after their server, they will have loads of problems with poundhost since they do not provide much support to dedicated clients as it is advertised as unmanaged, so this person will then write a review that is a total opposite of one I would write, because their needs are very very different from mine, and nothing to do with the quality of the service provided.

The same will apply with VPS, reseller, shared etc. If I was a ruby developer I would use a developer package from Surpasshosting.com, I wouldn't use an all you can eat tons of resources for a few dollars package from hostgator because it wouldn't meet my needs.
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft

There are lot of websites on internet ,which provides web hosting reviews , spend sometime going through the customer reviews by comparing different web hosting companies , this helps you to choose best hosting provider.

The "Best" for you is something that depends on what you want, what support you want, quality of customer service, pricing, and uptime. Seeing as what people want depends on what they plan on doing; it would be exceedingly difficult to find a "Best" in any form or category. My suggestion would be to simply research the webhost you are looking into buying from, asking for other people's opinions, checking their uptime, support, etc. You might even try speaking with a customer service representative and seeing how knowledgeable they may be on the service and possible problems, you don't want to get into a sticky situation and have to spend hours upon hours going in circles with a buffoon of a CS rep... In the end, the only thing you can do is research what you want ahead of time. Buying from a webhost isn't something you want to just jump into without thinking twice.

- Dante [Sil3nt Pr0digy]

There is no best, period. Even in different categories, you can't say who is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    There is no best, period. Even in different categories, you can't say who is the best.
    Unfortunately, I agree.
    I could go on and on about a couple of hosts I had and they were awesome for me, but they may not be awesome for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    No one is the best. People might think that their web hosting provider is the best one. But that is theirs. For some people the same provider might be not really good one
    People can vote the best hosting from their service, technical support and of course the price

People can vote the best hosting from their service, technical support and of course the price
    Which means that there can only be a personal "best", depending on the weight the individual gives to each feature of the service. If you have $5 to spend for hosting, it is irrelevant to you that there's perfect hosting to be had at $100.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Which means that there can only be a personal "best", depending on the weight the individual gives to each feature of the service. If you have $5 to spend for hosting, it is irrelevant to you that there's perfect hosting to be had at $100.
    Precisely, your budget will determine the "best" among other things. The best for "$5" with certain options that you may want or need may not be acceptable if your budget is "$100". The majority of the time, the price will determine the quality of service, uptime, among other things. Unless the webhost is complete fail, it will have advantages over another company. It is just a matter of compromisation over what you want and/or need.

Quote Originally Posted by elitehostpro View Post
    It also depends on user expectations. Some users will never be happy and others will accept anything.

Even the best hosts have some unhappy customers, and the worst have some happy customers.
    hostingscorecard.com tracks and graphs host reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by webilly View Post

HAHAHAHA.

No doubt.

I could get the list started with a few right now.

Kindest regards,
    Pete