N00b Q about Bandwidth

My question is > What is the difference between the Servers Data transfer (Bandwidth) and TV Channel signal ?

Why No Company use Satellite to transfer data via servers ? Like TV Channel ? then i think we will have real unlimited Bandwidth ,

What you think ? is that Possible ?

The difference is that for TV signals, the exact same data is broadcasted to many places at exactly the same time.

With other words: if you have a million TV viewers, you don't need to make a different signal for each viewer, you just need to make 1. For an internet application (web site, video, etc) you do need to make 1 million "signals".

This makes the bandwidth situation different: for TV: you can increase total 'bandwidth' simply by cloning the signal.
    There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Talence View Post
    The difference is that for TV signals, the exact same data is broadcasted to many places at exactly the same time.

With other words: if you have a million TV viewers, you don't need to make a different signal for each viewer, you just need to make 1. For an internet application (web site, video, etc) you do need to make 1 million "signals".

This makes the bandwidth situation different: for TV: you can increase total 'bandwidth' simply by cloning the signal.
    thanks for this info , I did not know that , this new info to me

thanks

Keep thinking outside the box! Soon you'll stumble onto an idea and make millions! Hahaha