Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    70

    How To Setup Cluster/High Available Server?

    i have ideas about clustering server with spread country/datacenter.

    example: i have 5 Server spread around the world, server 1 in US, server 2 in German, and other country for next server.

    server 1 will be main server, when server 1 down, it will goes to server 2, and continue to the next server.

    all site/file and other stuff will be mirror on all server.

    so it will be 100% Uptime!, and never LOSS anything!.

    and my question is how to do that, maybe someone expert want to share with me.

    Step by Step until DONE.

    and i need any suggest from any member.

    ////////////////
    |English is my 4Th Language, Please tell me, if i says incorrect Word.
    |and if i posted on wrong section, please moved this thread.
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

    Thanks You,
    Disclosure

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hanoi
    Posts
    4,306
    If you want to reach the highest uptime, you will need 5 clusters in different places, not 5 servers. Also, there are always difference between servers when sync'ing data, more or less, it depends on your updating policy. Anyway, for this purpose, you can use F5 solutions. Check them out. I believe NO one here can just list "step by step until done" for you, cause it's much more complicated than a normal setup

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    If you want to reach the highest uptime, you will need 5 clusters in different places, not 5 servers. Also, there are always difference between servers when sync'ing data, more or less, it depends on your updating policy. Anyway, for this purpose, you can use F5 solutions. Check them out. I believe NO one here can just list "step by step until done" for you, cause it's much more complicated than a normal setup
    thanks guys, i think F5 its useful.

    BUT, maybe other member interested to discus about it in this thread?.

    need any suggest.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,490
    How you will sort out php session problem ? Simple example, customer was redirected to one server then it is die and if you don't take care about session customer will lost it (if he come on ecommerce site he will need relogin and all his cart content will be loss)
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    240
    what are you planning on serving?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,050
    You will need a hardware cluster and load balancer to achieve this. It can also take care of the sessions. It will require a good amount of investment though.
    Prashant T.

    Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by rustelekom View Post
    How you will sort out php session problem ? Simple example, customer was redirected to one server then it is die and if you don't take care about session customer will lost it (if he come on ecommerce site he will need relogin and all his cart content will be loss)
    how to keep this session?.

    Quote Originally Posted by prashant1979 View Post
    You will need a hardware cluster and load balancer to achieve this. It can also take care of the sessions. It will require a good amount of investment though.
    yes good amount if for good quality, i will do it.

    still ask about session.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    74
    memcached is a good option as session storage
    you may even create a memcached cluster

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Marylebone, London, UK
    Posts
    526
    You can use the webservers themselves as the session cluster.
    Or you can choose a subset. You can define redundancy so
    no problems if one dies. You can have 1 or more separate
    servers for sessions, with whatever redundancy level you
    like. Sessions shouldn't be considered a problem.
    There's free opensource software to handle all the above,
    memcached doesn't really cut it very well, so avoid it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelhost View Post
    You can use the webservers themselves as the session cluster.
    Or you can choose a subset. You can define redundancy so
    no problems if one dies. You can have 1 or more separate
    servers for sessions, with whatever redundancy level you
    like. Sessions shouldn't be considered a problem.
    There's free opensource software to handle all the above,
    memcached doesn't really cut it very well, so avoid it.
    hmm.

    still needing any suggest.

    maybe someone can tell me / give me link how to setup it?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Marylebone, London, UK
    Posts
    526
    Figuring out sessions won't help if you haven't figured
    out anything else yet!
    What are you serving up with your servers?
    You serve static content?
    You use database, or a non-rdbms distributed file
    system for storage (e.g. riak, but that's still
    being developed)?
    You have a central 'data store' and what
    sort of data you have in it? What's it used for?
    You required a user login-system? and what
    would they typically be doing?
    If it can all run on one server, post
    the system architecture of components
    for that first.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelhost View Post
    Figuring out sessions won't help if you haven't figured
    out anything else yet!
    What are you serving up with your servers?
    You serve static content?
    You use database, or a non-rdbms distributed file
    system for storage (e.g. riak, but that's still
    being developed)?
    You have a central 'data store' and what
    sort of data you have in it? What's it used for?
    You required a user login-system? and what
    would they typically be doing?
    If it can all run on one server, post
    the system architecture of components
    for that first.
    yes, i think i will rent DS before talking more than this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 08:25 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 09:02 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 04:53 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •